Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#2626 Old 12th Feb 2022 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
So Sims have to put WASHED clothes on every day? That's not what most old societies did, or a lot of people even THESE days. Wish there was a way to make Sims not INSIST on a bath (or 2) every day, much less clean clothes.

Sorry it took me so long to reply @grammapat.
No, the laundry mod does not force your Sims to wear washed clothes in any manner. They wear just the same clothes as usual, can get different clothes from a dresser as usual, etc.

What it does is creating a new kind of "dirty" item: dirty clothes.
If the Sim hygiene is low, a pile of dirty clothes will appear on the floor when they get undressed (either to have a shower or to get into bed). Same as dirty dishes, after a time those dirty clothes get smelly and the enviroment score is affected.
Sims have to pick them up, and those piles of dirty clothes get into their inventory.

If you wish, you could just do that, as far as I know there is no limit of dirty clothes in one Sim inventory.
But alternatively they can drop them all in laundry baskets. This is nice in families, so every Sim picks their dirty clothes and puts them in the laundry basket, and then one of the family members may do the whole family laundry.
There is a washing mashine, which requires spending a bit of money on soap and turns their piles of dirty clothes into wet clothes.
There are several drying racks and a drier machine, which turns wet piles into clean piles.

And that's the purpose of this mod, it adds more house chores but in no way forces the player to depend on those steps to keep playing.
For example, I haven't found clean clothes a relevant item in my gamestyle so I simply don't use them much. I may leave some by the swimming pool and hot tube - instead of some dresser as I used to do - but that's pretty much it.
On the other hand I find the washing and drying amusing, so I like my Sims doing it.

Ah!
And also you don't have to activate it in all households.
So it can be an aditional challenge for selected families if the players wishes so.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2627 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 4:54 AM
A mod to make vampires more like the vampires in The Vampire Diaries. Biting satisfies hunger and you can choose between just sucking blood, killing them or turning them, instead of the default one option (turning them). Now it will actually be fun!
https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...made-compatible
(That was a lot of "vampires" in one sentence but)

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Forum Resident
#2628 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Hmm, did anyone ever post No Driving Without A License from Whoward69 at PickNMixMods?

That mod is actually amazing. Definitely downloading for my modern hood.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Instructor
#2629 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
I've always thought of Live Mode as in "going live", never crossed my mind it could be pronounced in any other way.

But now that topp mentions it was not translated into their language...
The game was translated into mine (Spanish) but I have had it in English for so many years that I wouldn't recall the translation to save my life.
I'm sure I can google it...

EDIT:
Yup.
Modo Construir, Modo Comprar & Modo Vivir.
The translation into Spanish considers them as verbs (to build, to buy, to live).

I'm late to the party but I find that funny since in Portuguese it's Modo Ao Vivo, which means Live Mode (as in "going live", not the verb "to live"). Now that I think about it, that's probably why it never even crossed my mind that Live Mode could be pronounced as liv instead of live. Buy Mode is Modo de Aquisição ("acquisition mode", a weird translation tbh) and Build Mode is Modo de Construção (this one is literally "build mode").

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Theorist
#2630 Old 19th Feb 2022 at 9:23 PM
"Modo de Aquisição" and you saying it's a weird translation made me realize I'd hate seeing the game translated to Croatian. English has the infinitive equal to the imperative and present simple ("use"), so right off the bat, the pie menus would stir a debate; should we use the infinitive or imperative? Should imperative be 2nd or 3rd person ("you, go use the toilet" vs "have them use the toilet")? I guess for that I'd like to see how the Russian version handled it first.

Because English is so flexible to adapt/make up new words, the word Plantsim sounds absolutely normal and legal to me. "Biljkosim?" "Biljkasim?" "Sim-biljka?" Brb, need to vomit how awful it sounds. Don't even get me started on Strangetown and Plesantview...

And ultimately, I would definitely hate to see Grim Reaper get translated literally. A simple "Death" sounds fine, while the actual translation "Mrki žetelac" is something I'd read from a modernism book rather than from a Sims game...
Instructor
#2631 Old 20th Feb 2022 at 3:18 AM Last edited by Yvelotic2001 : 20th Feb 2022 at 3:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Because English is so flexible to adapt/make up new words, the word Plantsim sounds absolutely normal and legal to me. "Biljkosim?" "Biljkasim?" "Sim-biljka?" Brb, need to vomit how awful it sounds. Don't even get me started on Strangetown and Plesantview...

In Portuguese the neighbourhood names are actually fine, Pleasantview is Vistalegre (just "vista alegre", happy/pleasant view, joined together, exactly the same pronunciation, so no problems there), Strangetown is Vilaestranha (again, just "vila estranha", strange town, in a single word), Veronaville is Vilaverona (you get the drill by now). They mostly sound natural which is something I have real difficulty when trying to do myself, kudos to the translators.

And ultimately, I would definitely hate to see Grim Reaper get translated literally. A simple "Death" sounds fine, while the actual translation "Mrki žetelac" is something I'd read from a modernism book rather than from a Sims game...

Funnily enough, in European Portuguese it's literally Death ("A Morte"). I'm glad they didn't do a Brazilian Portuguese move and call it "Dona Morte" (Lady Death) or something like that. A Morte works just fine. *silently cries in the corner because barely any game is translated into European Portuguese nowadays and I'd rather play in English than PT-BR*

EDIT: (sorry in advance to any Brazilians reading this, no offense, it just seems weird to me)
I went digging and found some other appaling Brazilian Portuguese translations. LeDancê Academic? Why couldn't you just keep it Académie LeTour like in English and in European Portuguese? The translation isn't even similar to the original. Estranhópolis (Strangeopolis, as in Minneapolis) as a translation for Strangetown also hurts my soul a little. I know there's at least one Brazilian city (Florianópolis) like this, but still... Srta. Rugabaixa for Mrs. Crumplebottom instead of Dona Rabogordo as well. It's basically a completely different understanding of the name. Rabogordo interprets Crumplebottom as a crumpled bottom (behind, butt, whatever you wanna call it). Rugabaixa interprets it as a... bottom crumple? Crumple as in a wrinkle and bottom as in something that stands under something else.

Another EDIT:
English has the infinitive equal to the imperative and present simple ("use"), so right off the bat, the pie menus would stir a debate; should we use the infinitive or imperative? Should imperative be 2nd or 3rd person ("you, go use the toilet" vs "have them use the toilet")? I guess for that I'd like to see how the Russian version handled it first.

Portuguese used the infinitive ("usar", "fazer", "conversar", etc).

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Top Secret Researcher
#2632 Old 20th Feb 2022 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
That mod is actually amazing. Definitely downloading for my modern hood.

You might want to combine it with this mod that makes walking to lots less attractive, thereby making cars more relevant.
https://modthesims.info/d/633035/lo...hicle-mods.html

Theorist
#2633 Old 20th Feb 2022 at 3:35 PM
I get it about them missing the point with the pun on Crumplebottom. Those sort of translations can be the best ever or the most useless/senseless, and there's no in between!

Just the other day I watched this movie... the wife told off her husband for pretending to be tech-savvy and messing up their nephew's iPhone. The nephew said his phone couldn't download any more games, and the guy went ahead and messed some settings up instead of simply freeing memory or whatever. His wife told him off (in English) with "you, tech-savvy? From what, your two-week-long career at the local Walmart's electronics department, selling overpriced dishwashers?"

The show was subbed with Croatian subtitles, where they instead used: "From what, your two-week-long career at Elipso?" Because Elipso is a well-known store here, selling household appliances (dishwashers, washing machines, etc.) - while Walmart means nothing to most Croats, because we don't have the chain here. I simply thought that the translation was genius!

Also, I agree that "Lady Death" would be one very... been through some rough shit -looking lady...
Field Researcher
#2634 Old 2nd Mar 2022 at 10:25 AM
Animal Crossing New Horizons furniture converted for The Sims 2

https://madraynesims.tumblr.com/pos...ted-from-animal

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Scholar
#2635 Old 6th Mar 2022 at 12:04 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 8th Mar 2022 at 5:27 AM.
LazyDuchess must surely be mad.
120 x 120 lot size (120 wide by 110 tall usable) 4 times larger than the 60 x 60 (60 wide x 50 tall) lot size...
https://mobile.twitter.com/LazyDuch...0602123/photo/1

To prevent double posting
Medusa has created Diving! Neat. Felicity Island here I come.
https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...?topic=37117.15
Screenshots
Instructor
#2636 Old 9th Mar 2022 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
LazyDuchess must surely be mad.
120 x 120 lot size (120 wide by 110 tall usable) 4 times larger than the 60 x 60 (60 wide x 50 tall) lot size...
https://mobile.twitter.com/LazyDuch...0602123/photo/1

Continued to: https://mobile.twitter.com/LazyDuch...341107105533957
I'm impressed.
Alchemist
#2637 Old 12th Mar 2022 at 6:00 PM
I've got a random collection of finds, old and new:

Sunrader's Autonomous Campfires.

Rudhira has some mods that will help you make alien townies.

SpiderInTheSim converted some TS4 TV shows for TS2.

EmployeeNoDoubleDip prevents playable sims who are employed at a business from heading to work when you play their lot. (Finally a way to prevent sims from getting paid twice!)

Squinge's Cruise As Long As You Want (I feel like there was some talk somewhere about wishing the Take A Spin interaction was longer?)

AlfredAskew made Interest icon default replacements

And Midgethetree made a new Sim Tracker program, since I know some simmers here love to use charts and spreadsheets to track their hoods. It requires Windows 10:
Quote:
I call it SimTracker, and it's basically a program that'll read your neighborhood's files and tell you info about your sims, including their traits (out of the original 100 at least), supernatural status (including my custom supernatural states), job, career, genetics, age, the age they'll be when they die, how close they are to permaplat (LTA - if it's 30000 they become automatically permaplat in vanilla Freetime+ games), unused LTA benefit points, bio, and more. Even info about what time and season you left a family off in is available.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#2638 Old 12th Mar 2022 at 7:06 PM
The employee no double dip doesn't work. Other downloads are working just fine for me, it's just that one.
Screenshots

My Simblr
He/They
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2639 Old 12th Mar 2022 at 7:12 PM
@wickedjr89 It works fine for me; I can open it in SimPE and see what it contains. It's just a package file so not an archive- you don't need to unzip it.
Top Secret Researcher
#2640 Old 12th Mar 2022 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@wickedjr89 It works fine for me; I can open it in SimPE and see what it contains. It's just a package file so not an archive- you don't need to unzip it.

Oh, I feel dense. Thank you

My Simblr
He/They
Scholar
#2641 Old 14th Mar 2022 at 8:41 PM
I've found something awesome. And it's not a mod. Actually it's quite the opposite: it's the knowledge I no longer need a mod!
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=533369

Aparently I did not need the ALfixes, but I've had it in my downloads folder forever.
Time to get rid of it - and see what happens.

(I'm so glad I finally decided to make an inventory of mods!)
Scholar
#2642 Old 15th Mar 2022 at 9:26 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 15th Mar 2022 at 9:54 PM.
Found this nice hair :
It was on a pay site, Newsea :
www.newseasims.com/inside-page.php?cid=1&id=363
I didn't know Newsea was a pay site ?

It says in the description you won't be refunded if you repost, but I think that's only if you don't change or recolor the hair ?
I think most creators just want a link or recognition referencing their work ?

But someone else re-uploaded it after they recolored it and added some highlights, and the description says with permission from Newsea.

I have some Newsea hairs from other sites, but they must have been recolored; like this one :
https://sanneke94.tumblr.com/post/3...oad-my-game/amp
This link has the same hair but with golden highlights in the back and top of the head.

https://esotheria-sims.tumblr.com/p...art-2-of-3-anto
The second link has grey highlights but is hair for adults.

Can definitely recommend !
Screenshots

" Inama Nushif "
Scholar
#2643 Old 20th Mar 2022 at 12:44 PM
I've just found this old mod my BO which is awesome!
No trash memories: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2396
Not only it removes trash memories, it also allows easy customization of many other ones. Super nice.

Making an inventory of my mods may have been the best thing I've done since I started playing this game.
I'm so glad I'm being able to get rid of poorly-documentated mods for fully-documented ones. It just makes easier understanding WHAT I have in my downloads folder.
Forum Resident
#2645 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 12:44 PM
https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...p?topic=37832.0

Rudhira made me a lovely default for the newspaper delivery teens, made to fit a historical game!

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#2646 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 2:52 AM
Playable & Improved Nannies by LazyDuchess here at MTS. It not only improves the nanny, but lets your playable teen or elder get a job as a babysitter. Then when another Sim hires a sitter, a teen or elder who has chosen that career WILL SHOW UP! I talked about this before but was confusing this with another mod, and thought it included all the service NPC jobs.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#2647 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 3:10 AM
Sun&Moon's Tannin' Hides - Leather, Fur & Parchment Crafting http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...p?f=240&t=10942
Sims skilled in cleaning will be able to transform animal hides and pelts into valuable leather, cured furs, and parchment. For gameplay purposes, the tanning process has been severely simplified in steps and time wise and will ONLY follow a Brain/Egg/Bark tanning method instead of a “traditional medieval” style. Because I don’t want to deal with human waste in my making of things, regardless of historical accuracy. This set consists of two stations that work together to produce Tanned Leather, Cured Fur, or Parchment.
Mad Poster
#2648 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 8:11 AM
That tanning set sounds like it's perfect for my Pleasantview Epic Challenge which is taking place in a new 17th century Early American colony.
Top Secret Researcher
#2649 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Playable & Improved Nannies by LazyDuchess here at MTS. It not only improves the nanny, but lets your playable teen or elder get a job as a babysitter. Then when another Sim hires a sitter, a teen or elder who has chosen that career WILL SHOW UP! I talked about this before but was confusing this with another mod, and thought it included all the service NPC jobs.

Warning, some people said it makes community lot time by Chris Hatch stop working. No matter the load order. One person said even after removing this mod, community lot time didn't start working again on that lot. That was the dealbreaker for me.

Instructor
#2650 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
And Midgethetree made a new Sim Tracker program, since I know some simmers here love to use charts and spreadsheets to track their hoods. It requires Windows 10:

Does anyone use this tracker? I can't get it to load my sims. When I select a neighborhood, nothing happens. I know Midge said it takes a while to load, but I get nothing even after 30 mins or so.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Page 106 of 119