Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2651 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Does anyone use this tracker? I can't get it to load my sims. When I select a neighborhood, nothing happens. I know Midge said it takes a while to load, but I get nothing even after 30 mins or so.

Do you have Windows 10? It only works with that. I downloaded it in the off chance it 'could' work with 7, but it does not, sadly.\\

However, you might want to delete your 'accessory' and 'groups' caches. That might help.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Scholar
#2652 Old 13th Apr 2022 at 10:21 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 13th Apr 2022 at 11:38 PM.
Found and downloaded this somewhat unusual lot.
It crashed the game when I tried to move a sim in.
So I restarted the game and went into the lot to have a look around.
There was a blue bougainvillea shrub by the mailbox that when clicked was described as a "Moveout Object Stayer" ?
I deleted it and my sim was able to move in fine.

Here's the link and a photo to follow :
http://www.xmsims.com/sims2/ehtm/si...sidential26.htm

And a link for the Kansas City Rose breezy curtain - lacey -- by Shino :
https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...tain/id/686170/
Screenshots

" Inama Nushif "
Alchemist
#2653 Old 14th Apr 2022 at 5:10 PM
Tleilaxu3, the stay things shrub is a mod from Inge/simlogical that prevents items from being sold or lost upon move out.

It is a mod, so I imagine that it didn't get packaged correctly, or was missing files, and so you experienced errors.

Anyway, if you ever wanted more options for community lot woohoo, now your sims can woohoo in a dumpster, thanks to themediocresimblr.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#2654 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 1:37 AM
This is very old, but I highly recommend it for those who have GB worth of CC. I just finished some must-needed spring cleaning with this system, and now easily find things I may want to delete later.

"Background story: This is something we were talking about in one of those livestreams earlier this year when Liv showed us her downloads folder. We said that it would be awesome if one could copy the folder structure and upload it so not all that wanted the same system had to write all those folder names.

Well, now it’s done! With the help of my bf I managed to copy it all. So if you want it, go get it!"

https://allisas.tumblr.com/tagged/downloads%20folder

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Alchemist
#2655 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 3:18 PM
Interesting how you categorize clothes--those are some of my trickiest folders because nowadays I've a lot of things that are in multiple categories, especially for AF. I've gone a bit crazy trying to decide if a dress should be considered formal or everyday, for example. What do you do with things like that? Do they go in a separate folder by themselves?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#2656 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 3:29 PM
Personally, I wouldn't bother with a system like that - too complicated, since I have a lot of multi-categorized and multi-age/gender clothes (it would just drive me insane where I'd put things, or where to put them).

I have two main folders for clothes (one with downloaded clothes, and the other for my own projects), and sort them mainly by creator name or site, because that's how I more easily remember them - but I usually add age/gender (CU/TM/ATF/or similar) somewhere in the folder name, just to have a rough idea.
Alchemist
#2657 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 6:10 PM
Exactly! I tried something similar before, but it was starting to drive me nuts, spending time figuring out how to file something. I started asking myself questions like "Is this dress too causal to be considered formal wear?" I hated that. So what I've been doing is just separating by age and then separates. So for me, it's "Clothes-TF" and "Clothes-TF-Separates" and then in the Separates folder, I label what kind of separate it is at the beginning of the subfolder--Top, Bottom, BottomOnly, TopOnly. That way I can find stuff later if I'm looking for it. For AM and AF, though, I have a ton of stuff, so I do also have another, separate, folder for Undies, PJs, Gym, and Swimwear stuff. Usually those categories can be grouped together without too much confusion.

The only other thing I'm doing (or starting to do, it's been a big process ) is folder by mesh name and original mesh creator, and then put all recolors in that folder. Too many times I've deleted a mesh, not realizing that I had recolors I still wanted to keep and use elsewhere in my folder. Or I had a bunch of duplicate meshes because I didn't want to separate files. *Sigh* Folder organization can be such a big change and process to set up just the way you like it.

I might download and take a look, though; I'm curious how object creators like BB or Veranka are filed. I've been organizing by category and type--so kitchen, lighting, electronics, etc. One the one hand, I do like to keep sets together, but on the other, I often can't find some objects later on (to either delete something I'm not using, or fix/edit it). I will never remember what little statue is in what set, you know? But then sometimes things are texture referenced and they should really stay together... So yeah, always open to ideas.

aka Kelyns | she/her
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2658 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 6:16 PM
I just have folders for Build, Buy, CAS, CANH, Hacks and Maxis (store and bonus stuff).
Then I have creator folders under that. I seldom go more than two folders deep (keep filepaths shorter) and mods are all in one folder, renamed to manipulate load order. Seems to work okay so far, I can find stuff easily, and it loads relatively quickly (although I have a janky old simming computer, so it's never going to be fast! )
Mad Poster
#2659 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 8:28 PM
Yeah, after discovering that separates could be enabled for any category, I have way too many that are in multiple. Like, pretty much all my t-shirts are everyday, athletic, pyjamas and underwear. Plus I merge stuff. So my CAS folders are age/gender like TF, AF, EF, then they just contain three files, Tops, Bottoms and Fullbody, with the age/gender prefix so they don't overwrite each other.
Inventor
#2660 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 6:19 AM
Lazy Duchess created something amazing again. Currently in an alpha/experimental stage I stumbled upon an easy to use adjustable height mod for any Sim. Now Sims can be tall or short, you can make your children/teens grow grow taller as they age...
Sims 2 height mod by Lazy Duchess
Mad Poster
#2661 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 3:45 AM
Sun&Moon has another awesome one. Buttered Up http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...p?f=240&t=10943
Sims can turn cream into butter in the comfort of their own homes, with enough elbow grease and ingredients on hand.
Children through Elder sims with a body skill of 1 and cooking skill of 1 may churn butter. Sims with a cooking skill of 2
may start to churn herbed butter. This station uses a Crafting Points system where ingredients are stocked into the
station for later use. Anything stocked into the station cannot be removed later.
Alchemist
#2662 Old 9th May 2022 at 1:36 AM
How to Convert Animations from TSM/TS3 to TS2 and from TS4 to TS2 tutorials by Mortia.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#2663 Old 12th May 2022 at 9:38 AM Last edited by grammapat : 12th May 2022 at 10:02 AM.
Default and don't want to pay
Quote: Originally posted by Randir
Lazy Duchess created something amazing again. Currently in an alpha/experimental stage I stumbled upon an easy to use adjustable height mod for any Sim. Now Sims can be tall or short, you can make your children/teens grow grow taller as they age...
Sims 2 height mod by Lazy Duchess

=====
Can't ask question without paying her site; unclear about installing. She says "Sims2 RPC user" - I don't know what this is, but if I AM I would install in Cdrive//M&G/TS bin/ mods---but that last folder "mods" doesn't exist. So it goes in C//M&G/TS bin..? A bit leery about messing around there..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2664 Old 12th May 2022 at 11:16 AM
@grammapat
I can't help with your questions, just wanted you to know that LazyDuchess has a tumblr - https://lazyduchess.tumblr.com
Theorist
#2665 Old 12th May 2022 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
=====
Can't ask question without paying her site; unclear about installing. She says "Sims2 RPC user" - I don't know what this is, but if I AM I would install in Cdrive//M&G/TS bin/ mods---but that last folder "mods" doesn't exist. So it goes in C//M&G/TS bin..? A bit leery about messing around there..

From quickly scanning her text, and assuming you don't have Sims2RPC (MTS, Tumblr), you should install the mod in C:\...\M&G\TSBin. Make sure you also have a cracked .exe – otherwise the game won't read the mod – though I'm not sure if there is a specific crack required for this mod.

The Patreon site is there for creators to receive payments for their creativity. TS2 creators usually put their things up there in order to get some incentive/thankyous from their followers, and then usually publish their mods publicly and free of charge a few weeks later.
Mad Poster
#2666 Old 12th May 2022 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
From quickly scanning her text, and assuming you don't have Sims2RPC (MTS, Tumblr), you should install the mod in C:\...\M&G\TSBin. Make sure you also have a cracked .exe – otherwise the game won't read the mod – though I'm not sure if there is a specific crack required for this mod.

The Patreon site is there for creators to receive payments for their creativity. TS2 creators usually put their things up there in order to get some incentive/thankyous from their followers, and then usually publish their mods publicly and free of charge a few weeks later.

====
...and "cracked.exe" is?

Theorist
#2667 Old 12th May 2022 at 9:11 PM
Oh, it's when you download a TS2EP9.exe from the web but the one that's modified in a way. The most common mod for .exe files is a "No-CD crack" (you'd just Google "no CD crack sims 2 m&g"). There are some other types of modified .exe files, such as Sims2RPC, but those probably already include the no-CD patch as well.

From my understanding, you'd need an .exe that is coded to read mod files placed in the TSBin folder. Idk if Sims2RPC is the only one. You'd b better off asking Lazy Dutchess directly for help.
Mad Poster
#2668 Old 13th May 2022 at 1:28 AM Last edited by grammapat : 14th May 2022 at 9:43 PM.
Default no answer from creator (at least, not that I can find on her site).
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Oh, it's when you download a TS2EP9.exe from the web but the one that's modified in a way. The most common mod for .exe files is a "No-CD crack" (you'd just Google "no CD crack sims 2 m&g"). There are some other types of modified .exe files, such as Sims2RPC, but those probably already include the no-CD patch as well.

From my understanding, you'd need an .exe that is coded to read mod files placed in the TSBin folder. Idk if Sims2RPC is the only one. You'd b better off asking Lazy Dutchess directly for help.

====
Thanks. My M&G is from original disc, so I will ask her.
Does anyone else have answers?

Lab Assistant
#2669 Old 13th May 2022 at 2:51 AM
Jerry Martin's scrapped five beta songs (+ 1 flourish). I uploaded them to tcrf.net: https://tcrf.net/Prerelease:The_Sim...#Scrapped_Music
Inventor
#2670 Old 23rd May 2022 at 4:41 PM
I just used this tutorial by Greatcheesecakepersona to make custom loading Splash Music: https://greatcheesecakepersona.tumb...om-splash-music
Mad Poster
#2671 Old 10th Jun 2022 at 6:41 AM
Sun&Moon updated their Fetch Water

Fetch Water 4.0

In essence, the Fetch Water set has not been revamped much in terms of look or even function. A variety of wells and natural resources act as places for sims to gather buckets of water or drinking water. Most improvements are Quality of Life in code, or some added complexity and function. These new functions are also user tunable via BCON so that timing and stuff can be changed to what is desire. All this information can be found in the corresponding manual. Please see blow the cut for a list up improvements.

Improvements Include:

● New water sources! More wells. Also incorporated some files from Bathing Instincts and Stone Super Set.
● New products! Cacti fruits and nopales, and ice buckets, water pitcher.
● New Bucket Styles! These are done in Default Replacement style, so you must choose only one style of water bucket and one style of ice bucket.
● Revamped Rain/Snow Collection for all rain collector styles with a Water Management System
● Revamped Cacti. They are now farmable/gardening cacti plants that will produce food as well. Use the new Water Management System
● Water Pitcher replaces the water-skin interaction.
● Some water sources have been coded to support livestock water checks for various seasons

Fetch Water 4.0 http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...de0ee5c9ab24879
Mad Poster
#2672 Old 10th Jun 2022 at 4:20 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 16th Jun 2022 at 7:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
====
Thanks. My M&G is from original disc, so I will ask her.
Does anyone else have answers?

"George" can be found on LD's page, here: https://lazyduchess.tumblr.com/post...-non-rpc-sims-2 (first link, from Mediafire, above the sfs/dropbox ones)

(The page itself is for the non-RPC version of various features that come with the RPC - you don't need the mod if it's just "George" you're after).
Mad Poster
#2673 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 4:47 AM
Dang! That "cracked version" again. I haven't gotten an answer from anywhere about what that means.

Mad Poster
#2674 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 5:20 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 16th Jun 2022 at 8:00 AM.
It goes around the launcher so it doesn't open up Origin every time (for UC) + goes around the launcher if you use it for disc versions (and something having to do with the old SecuRom, I think? I didn't have issues with that one, so I used a simpler method to get around the launcher with my old disc game).

Basically the only way to stay sane with a UC game, at least if it's originally tied up to Origin...
Mad Poster
#2675 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 7:51 AM
@simmer22 -That link you gave is for something on my computer which I've had in my EA Games folder for monthes now.I got it on case my UC updated while I was fixing it after Norton broke it.
Page 107 of 119