Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#2726 Old 25th Oct 2022 at 6:10 AM
I mean, I feel like Inventory Inheritance by Nopke is pretty huge. I think almost every simmer has had a sim die unexpectedly and lost the contents of their inventory, right?

(I remembered to say almost every simmer just in time. We all know at least one simmer who has never lost lost a sim. )

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2727 Old 25th Oct 2022 at 8:04 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 29th Dec 2022 at 11:14 PM.
Thanks for the complement!! I don't know how long I can keep it up. I had a few scares in my early game, but I have played for so long without a death that I fear my greatest danger is that I become blasé, and forget that my Sims can die. I certainly start most play sessions without even considering that possibility. Sometimes I fear I'm making an enemy of the Grim Reaper and know there may be consequences. In fact I know he'll get me in the end -- even if I succeed in protecting all my Sims right up till that day.

But meantime we're planning on a big Thanksgiving celebration in Veronaville at the end of next month. Because on 30th November it will be ten years to the day since I opened up the game for the first time, and made Andrew and his mum in CAS. Ten years with no deaths at all is a lot better than the Pilgrim Fathers managed, which I understand is what the American Thanksgiving commemorates.

I might get that Nopke Inventory Inheritance mod. I already have the mod that pays life insurance to Sims who die before reaching the Elder stage. I have it really for just what it is -- an insurance. When someone with dependents dies in the prime of life, that is really when life insurance is most needed.

Meanwhile my Sims and I think that life is wonderful and should be enjoyed to the full.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#2728 Old 25th Oct 2022 at 8:09 AM
As far as I am concerned, all Nopke's mods are awesome.
Top Secret Researcher
#2729 Old 25th Oct 2022 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I mean, I feel like Inventory Inheritance by Nopke is pretty huge. I think almost every simmer has had a sim die unexpectedly and lost the contents of their inventory, right?

(I remembered to say almost every simmer just in time. We all know at least one simmer who has never lost lost a sim. )

You can also just spawn them with insimenator or sim manipulator from the Default household and grab their inventory from them. (Or use inventory transfer vase.) That's what I do in the event of unexpected deaths. It's not very realistic that a whole bunch of stuff would disappear into thin air just because someone dies!

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#2730 Old 25th Oct 2022 at 10:29 AM
When I saw Nopke's mod, I said to myself, "Nah, I can remember who has what"..that is until I went into TT and found that there are a few pixels hanging around and are ready to go with stuff in their inventories-and I get caught up in their demises-so I got it today. I've got 2 elders going in a couple of game days, so it will be handy.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#2731 Old 25th Oct 2022 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Thanks for the complement!! I don't know how long I can keep it up. I had a few scares in my early game, but I have played for so long without a death that I fear my greatest danger is that I become blasé, and forget that my Sims can die. I certainly start most play sessions without even considering that possibility. Sometimes I fear I'm making an enemy of the Grim Reaper and know there may be consequences. In fact I know he'll get me in the end -- even if I succeed in protecting all my Sims right up till that day.

But meantime we're planning on a big Thanksgiving celebration in Veronaville at the end of next month. Because on 30th November it will be ten years to the day since I opened up the game for the first time, and made Andrew and his mum in CAS. Ten years with no deaths at all is a lot better than the Pilgrim Fathers managed, which I understand is what the American Thanksgiving commemorates.

I might get that Nopke Inventory Inheritance mod. I already have the mod that pays life insurance to Sims who die before reaching the Elder stage. I have it really for just what it is -- an insurance. When someone with dependents dies in the prime of life, that is really when life insurance is most needed.

Meanwhile my Sims and I think that life is wonderful and should be enjoyed to the full. :lovestruc

I am like you, I play with aging off and never have lost a sims. I personally think they age way too fast in game, anyways.
I have been playing with the same sims for at least a decade or so. And with the new content coming from Sun&Moon, my game is changing constantly.
Mad Poster
#2732 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 4:35 PM
Sun&Moon at it again
Pottery Party - Functional Pottery Making
Sims with proper creativity skill can transform raw clay into useful and functional glazed pottery objects. This set consists of two main crafting stations, time-sensitive products, and new functional objects. Traits are supported but not required.
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...d77d544fd4e82bf
Mad Poster
#2733 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 6:31 PM
That new pottery set looks like a great addition for my Pleasantview game.
Mad Poster
#2734 Old 6th Nov 2022 at 7:50 PM Last edited by FranH : 7th Nov 2022 at 12:05 AM.
That pottery set is awesome. Being a former pottery worker myself, it's something I've been waiting for many moons.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#2735 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 5:45 AM
EpiSims' Crib Animation Teeth Fix and Get Puppy and Get Kitten Wants Replaced.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#2736 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
That pottery set is awesome. Being a former pottery worker myself, it's something I've been waiting for many moons.

Yep as a future potter I can't be disagree. I downloaded it I really hope this worths the gameplay.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
#2737 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 4:55 PM
I'm not sure I can post this here, if not an admin can delete it. But recently, when Hurricane Ian was approaching Florida, I couldn't get my account on Origin installed on my laptop. Even though I have all sims 2 games, I personally like the one install of the Ultimate Collection. So, I googled "Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" and I found a hit. It's on a site called "Old Games Downloads." After you click to download it, it takes you to a page where you can download and they have this on the page .... Legal Notice: Old Games Download is part of an archival effort to preserve abandoned games. The files listed on this page are offered with the knowledge that the game is currently abandonware. If the status of the game changes, or you would like these files removed, please do not hesitate to contact us.

It took me a little over an hour to download. I haven't yet installed it on my laptop, but I will let you know when I do and I have played it.

https://oldgamesdownload.com/the-si...ate-collection/
Instructor
#2738 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 8:32 PM
That's the version of the game I have, Debby 1957, and it's working excellently.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2739 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 8:53 PM
The old games version is not the UC. It is the compilation of disks and is missing IKEA. Not sure why you couldn't login to Origin before, but now you need to use EA app, and the UC is there if you had it on Origin.
Mad Poster
#2740 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
The old games version is not the UC. It is the compilation of disks and is missing IKEA. Not sure why you couldn't login to Origin before, but now you need to use EA app, and the UC is there if you had it on Origin.

I think it had to do more with my laptop than anything else. I couldn't even download this on my laptop. But my desktop did fine. If it is only missing IKEA, I'm fine, with that.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2741 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic

MR DJ and yes IKEA is separate. I have this version.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#2742 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 1:28 AM
I found a hood view snow replacement by Sparrowsims!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Theorist
#2743 Old 11th Dec 2022 at 10:52 PM
A tool for editing .reia files - aka, custom gifs for custom neighborhoods in the main menu! :lovestruc
The Sims 2: Custom Animated Neighboorhood Previews (Tool for .reia files) by ammar2
Lab Assistant
#2744 Old 24th Dec 2022 at 7:48 PM Last edited by Synergy : 26th Dec 2022 at 4:47 PM.
CreeSims shared something super useful - partially invisible recolors for a ton of Maxis meshes in the wall hanging category. Check out the post for just some of the clever ways to use them - it opens up a lot of new decorating possibilities without having to add new meshes to the game.

Edit: CreeSims also made partially invisible recolors for Maxis statues and plants and deco misc items.
Inventor
#2745 Old 25th Dec 2022 at 1:03 AM
Ok, this isn't a mod or anything, but I can't stop smiling at it. It's a short music video someone made with the curious brothers

Everybody MMD
Mad Poster
#2746 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 1:04 AM
Field Researcher
#2747 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 11:04 PM
I was watching a Sims 1 video and I got nostalgic when I saw these:

I wanted to know if there were any TS2 conversions or at least something similar, and I did!

https://simi-simmer.tumblr.com/post...table-fun-chair

And there's also these ones here at MTS:
https://modthesims.info/d/252671/no...ransparent.html

and

https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=319828
Screenshots
Scholar
#2748 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Aa deep-dive into TS2 hood corruption - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cB67DGDXFQ

This video was so fascinating--thanks for sharing it.
Alchemist
#2749 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 4:01 AM
Found some more goodies at Pick'N'Mix Mods!
Charisma Gain While Chatting, Hanging Out, or Telling a Joke, Dirty Joke, or Inside Joke. We're getting closer to the TS3 system guys!
Toddler Memories: Learnt Nursery Rhyme positive memory and negative memories for not being taught to walk, to talk, use the potty, or sing the nursery rhyme.
Toddler Character Changes: Customizable penalties or rewards for learning, or not learning, toddler skills.
More Witch Craftables. Good witches can craft Genie Lamps and evil witches can craft Voodoo Dolls--there's even instructions on how to add more objects.

And I missed some gems right here on MTS!
Enhanced TV clips for your sims by guirnaldas. I had something like this years ago, but I lost the files. But now I can get nicer resolution for my sims' tv again!
College Dependent Adult Stage Days by Nopke - Add or Substract days from the adult life stage, depending on how many semesters a Sim has spent at college.
Extinguish Self Mod by beestew - Sims on fire can attempt to extinguish themselves by getting in the pool.
Immersive Rain by beestew - Better reactions to weather and sims can get soaked if they stay in the rain too long. With the chance of getting sick from getting soaked, too! This will be a game changer for camping in my game.
Food Overhaul (Ingredient System) by beestew - This one is in testing, but it's attempting to add an TS3 ingredients style system into TS2. I'm thinking about taking a look at all my buyable food sets and seeing if I can customize it.

That's all I have for now, but shout out to all the builders out there! I noticed so many cool new buildings on MTS over the past couple of months. Idk what's going on, but seems like everyone's been showing off their building skills and it's fun to see. (Btw @CatherineTCJD that LotCatalog Refresh Project--just wow! I've always wanted to do something like that. Idk how you found the time or the energy--and you still did other builds, too! )

Anyway, back to downloading. (Anyone else keep trying to start a new hood but never getting anywhere because you keep thinking of new ideas, so you stop to research, and then you find a bajillion things to download? Or is that just me? )

aka Kelyns | she/her
Alchemist
#2750 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 5:19 AM
Sorry for double posting, but I'm just soooo excited about this one:
Gain Skills Whilst Playing over at Pick N' Mix Mods I've wanted this for so long and I can't believe it's here! What a way to end 2022, huh?

Anyway here's the description:
Quote:
Out-of-the-box, this mod adds Charisma gain to Mary Mack and Show Off (child only), Logic gain to Red Hands and Rock, Paper, Scissors, and Body gain to Cops N Robbers, Kicky Bag, Pillow Fight, Play Catch, Punch U, Snowball Fight, Swing Around (swinger only) Tag, Toss Football and Water Balloon Fight.

And it's configurable because of course that's what William does. It may not sound like a big deal, but I've just wanted Body skill gain for Tag, Toss Footfall, Cops and Robbers, and Playing Catch for so long. And it was one of those 'maybe one day I'll get around to it' ideas... Sigh. Okay, gotta stop downloading and actually play for once.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 110 of 119