8 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#126 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 10:00 PM
More like I'm worried about other nonintentional effects of the whole thing. Hehe.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#127 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
In an apartment building, I temporarily made a neighbor Sim selectable because he was blocking up the stairs and wouldn't move. However now the game is a little confused and his wages are being added to the current family's funds. Is there a quick fix to this?

It's not really quick, but have you tried moving your sims out and back in again?
Mad Poster
#128 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 10:05 PM
That's what I'm trying to avoid here, if at all possible. It takes about 2 real-life hours to get all the furniture and stuff into place again.
Theorist
#129 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 10:07 PM Last edited by Duine : 18th Mar 2016 at 12:39 AM.
To move a sim, have your controlled sim use the 'shoo' option, most often they move away. If that doesn't work, I usually use move objects on but open inventory and use the hand tool, this way I don't make a mistake by deleted the sim, of course you can't put him in inventory so they should be safe. This also saves time from not having to open buy-build modes. Apartments work much better with stairs placed double wide and porches big enough to place the newspaper or other deliveries without those placing them and block their own exit. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Forum Resident
#130 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 10:09 PM
What about moving your neighbour into your household and then moving him out?
Mad Poster
#131 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 10:16 PM
Actually, the suggestion about using moveobjects gave me an idea - next time he appears outside his apartment, I'll try deleting him, saving, and reloading the lot. Maybe that'll reset him.
Top Secret Researcher
#132 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 11:03 PM
Actually, the suggestion about using moveobjects gave me an idea - next time he appears outside his apartment, I'll try deleting him, saving, and reloading the lot. Maybe that'll reset him.
Please make a back up first, I don't delete neighbours anymore as it can bork the whole lot, nothing tragic but the neighbour is stuck outside and his door doesn't display his name anymore but rather the build mode name of the door, "unique separator".

Your neighbour seems already messed up though, judging by the wages thing.
Have you tried the option on the batbox under the fix menu (bad apartment residencies or whatever it's called)? I'm not sure what it does but it sounds like it could be pertinent (with a backup of course)?

If not, if you have a spare sim handy, you could move him in quickly (then back out to the family bin) just to kick out the neighbours.
Mad Poster
#133 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 11:32 PM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 16th Mar 2016 at 11:58 PM.
I didn't see your post before trying. Yup, that's exactly what happened. Well, I packed up all the furniture in their inventory, I'll just move them back in and out. If that doesn't work...restore from backup.

EDIT: It worked. Unique Separator is no more.
Theorist
#134 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
That reporter is probably a former thief then? Or just a criminally inclined one.

Nope, she's a real reporter. ;-) The thief is a male and I hope he'll go to jail when my cop will catch him. *Well, still need to build that police station though*.
Field Researcher
#135 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 1:37 AM
Can children ask other children on outings?
Mad Poster
#136 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WildIrishBanshee
Can children ask other children on outings?

They can use the Manage Groups... option on the phone and use that to invite children over to their house on an outing (or just for fun). If there's at least one playable teen, adult or elder (from the child's household, so, like, actively being played at that time) in the group they can then go to community lots as a group. I do that sometimes if I have a very sociable child who would want to hang out with his/her friends at the weekend - they use the phone to set up and invite over a group including all of their child-aged friends and at least one teen+ household member, then when the other children come over the older household member takes the lot of them out somewhere, for example to a playground or for lunch or whatever. As far as I can remember children can't ask anyone on outings if they're already on the lot with them, but I could be wrong......
Field Researcher
#137 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 2:48 AM
They can't, I just found that out the hard way! But I didn't know about them being able to do the groups option, so that could be useful. Thanks!
Forum Resident
#138 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 9:38 AM
Is there a reason that all the lots in downtown seem to be low class? I know that surrounding lots affects the lot class, but when I placed a few expensive and well decorated lots near the House of Fallen Trees, all of them ended up being considered low class. I've had no problem getting high class lots in other neighbourhoods without using cheats. Is something about downtown that is drawing the class down?
Mad Poster
#139 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 10:04 AM
It might just be the House of Fallen Trees. After all, it has a spooky reputation.
Mad Poster
#140 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 11:49 AM
Actually, I might take the gravekeeper idea for myself. I'd love to use that Grim Reaper outfit from debug mode but then their head clips through the back. Well, since I'm here: Is there a way to remove a Sim's head so they can wear that outfit without it clipping?

Sorry that I didn't see your post earlier. Bink13y made a set of headless sims years ago. They work great for making playable Grim Reapers.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=86687

Quote: Originally posted by iCad
I could be wrong, but my impression has always been that to make changes genetic, as opposed to only "skin deep," you have to use SimPE's "Sim Surgery" function. Everything that you can do in-game, like the plastic surgery station and things that use its coding (Like I think you can do "plastic surgery" via the Insimenator), only produces "skin deep" results, not genetic, heritable changes.

Actually there is one other option. Several years ago, Christianlov made a program called cpackeditor that had a "DNA Fixer" function in it. You do your plastic surgery in the game, exit TS2, aim the DNA Fixer at the "Characters" folder for your neighborhood and click a button. The tool automatically finds and fixes all instances of plastic surgery in that 'hood.

The catch: when Christianlov left the simming community, he removed a lot of his mods, including this one. It is now very very hard to find. I got my copy from the very generous person in post # 144 of this thread:

http://www.modthesims.info/download...25#startcomment

The second reason that I love this thing is that the other tool in it which Christianlov got working before he left is the loader for his skintone switcher painting - aim this at your downloads folder and hit the button. It finds all your skintones and loads them into the data file for the skintone switcher. (I think he said somewhere in the support thread that it can hold about 200 skintones?) Don't like the skintone your favorite sim is using? Just click on the painting and pick something else. :lovestruc (this is the tool I used to change Stella Terrano's skin in Sim Expressions & Emotions (v5) post # 546 )

He apparently planned to add an eye switcher and some other neat stuff to cpackeditor, but didn't get any of them done before he left.
Top Secret Researcher
#141 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
It is now very very hard to find. I got my copy from the very generous person in post # 144 of this thread...
Well can you share it?

Edit: Nevermind, it's here.
Mad Poster
#142 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 6:00 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 17th Mar 2016 at 6:14 PM.
Is Crmelsimlover in that link I pasted no longer sharing? I'll be happy to share my copy (give me a few minutes to find it and figure out how to attach it to a PM).

Do be aware though, I have heard that the version at Simbology.com is an earlier version and DOES NOT have a working DNA fixer. The one I have is labeled version 0.2.4.128

EDIT - I don't see a way to attach a file to a private message. Is that a feature only CC creators have? I see that it's possible to attach files to the message board posts - are we allowed to do that in this board? I don't see it mentioned in the site rules.
Theorist
#143 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 8:11 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 20th Mar 2016 at 4:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Orlion at Simbology
The attached file contains Christianlovs's cpackededitor. Its needed to make Christianlov's Custom Skintone Selector (available at Mod the Sims. The selector is available at MTS but the cpackeditor isn't) use custom skintones instead of just the Maxis skintones.

To add skintones to the selector in the cpackeditor choose tool then custom skintone selector. Use the browse button next to the skintone folder field to find the folder your custom skintone is in and then use the browse button next to the Custom Skintone Selector File field to find the selector. Hit scan, and let it work. When its done you can put the Skintone Selector in you downloads folder and can easly change a Sim's skintone in game. (It doesn't change the dna. That still needs to be done in SimPE.)

According to Orlion at Simbology they state that it will NOT change the dna in the game that SimPE is still needed.

Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Is Crmelsimlover in that link I pasted no longer sharing? I'll be happy to share my copy (give me a few minutes to find it and figure out how to attach it to a PM).

Do be aware though, I have heard that the version at Simbology.com is an earlier version and DOES NOT have a working DNA fixer. The one I have is labeled version 0.2.4.128

EDIT - I don't see a way to attach a file to a private message. Is that a feature only CC creators have? I see that it's possible to attach files to the message board posts - are we allowed to do that in this board? I don't see it mentioned in the site rules.

Crmelsimlover may have a more updated version than the one over at Simbology. I would be interested in the one you have

As for attaching it to a post go advanced, then look down below and click on the one that says attachment.

(Edit: Gave info for when editin not origial ...)
Alchemist
#144 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 2:22 AM
You know how when a Sim invites someone over they sometimes ask to bring a friend? How does the game decide who they bring? I've had Sims show up with perfect strangers in tow.
Mad Poster
#145 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 6:53 AM
I've noticed the same thing. I think it might be randomly generated. I'd love it if someone made a mod (or linked to an existing one) that made the selection more logical.

Also, more out of curiousity: Is there a way to make the Charlatan target a specific Sim? I know making him selectable is a Very Bad Thing but I was thinking there might've been something hidden in one of the debug tools or allmenus for it. Or even a posebox - I could make a Sim identical in appearance to him for this.
Mad Poster
#146 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 7:39 AM
Default Christianlov's cpackeditor with DNA fixer
The PM that Carmelsimslover sent to me had links not file attachments (don't know how I could've managed to forget that ). I figured it would be easier to post the links than to upload the files. They were sent to me last summer and appear to still be working.

Quote: Originally posted by Crmelsimlover
Here you go!

https://app.box.com/s/7edv06dwut2z3tlv2mf6 (Cpack editor with DNA fixer)
https://app.box.com/s/5u8aiqlmo1cmmhyp5izx (Skin Selector Prototype)

I tested this when I got it and it appears to work as advertised. I made a pair of sims, gave them both the same face template (I think it was #1 "heart"), and dropped them into testing town. I then used Christianlov's clothing rack to do plastic surgery on them and give them more extreme features - I think I gave one of them face # 18 and the other one Argon's unlocked Maxis alien face. Saved the game, exited and ran the DNA fixer.

I then reloaded the lot and made each of the two pregnant with twins by the other. According to my limited understanding of TS2 DNA, since both parents were originally made with the same #1 face, if the DNA fixer had not worked, all 4 kids should also have had that face. Instead, each of the 4 clearly had a face that was a combination of the plastic surgery features I gave to the parents (and quite an endearing group of freaks they were too!)
Mad Poster
#147 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 12:00 PM
Does it change personality to be genetic ... is personality even genetic to begin with?
Scholar
#148 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 1:34 PM
@Charity: Genetic Personality? In a manner of speaking, but not exactly... There *are* two sets of personality traits for each sim, and one of them *is* considered the *genetic* set. To determine a baby's personality, the game uses the genetic personalities of both parents. It may use a few of the father's traits and a few of the mother's, or all of the father's or all of the mother's. But it may also add or subtract some random points from any traits it uses to allow for variety.

During the course of its life, a sim may, however, be encouraged to change certain traits. Those changes do *not* make it into the genetic set, though, unless something odd happens to the sim that *makes* it so. Like one of the features in my Alien Experiments mod, which can cause the current set to overwrite the genetic set, or vice versa. But normally, encouraged changes do not make it into the genetic set, and are therefor not usually transferred to a sim's children.
Test Subject
#149 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 2:06 PM
is there a cheat that moves things like half tile or less?

I have downloaded some houses with other lot sizes than I have in the game, is there a way to change the lot size in game or do I need downloads/ convertions or what do I need to get these lot sizes without houses?
Scholar
#150 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 2:28 PM Last edited by BoilingOil : 18th Mar 2016 at 2:43 PM.
@wolfenhase: Yes, there is such a cheat:

CTRL-SHIFT-C "setQuarterTilePlacement on". This cheat will allow you to move objects a quarter tile at a time. It may not work well with some objects, and it's possible that some chairs, beds or other objects are less well accessible if they are not snapped into proper tiles, tho.

CTRL-SHIFT-C "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false" is also an option. This cheat allows much finer control of where to place objects. But I would only advise that for use with OMSPs and decorative objects that go on them. Objects with slots may not be very usable when placed with this cheat active.
Page 6 of 1339