Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 1:13 PM
Default Connect custom careers to Maxis Degrees
Hi all!

Im making a mod full of careers from past sims games and other careers I felt like adding. I wanted to have it so that getting a Maxis degree would create a career boost for my custom career. I looked online and could not find my answer anywhere! I would gretaly appreciate help! Thank you! :p
Advertisement
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Apr 2022 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rubberducc
Hi all!

Im making a mod full of careers from past sims games and other careers I felt like adding. I wanted to have it so that getting a Maxis degree would create a career boost for my custom career. I looked online and could not find my answer anywhere! I would gretaly appreciate help! Thank you! :p

The boost comes from distinguished degrees only, so I'd start there. For example, Level 6 Botanist career has a line in the career level 6 tuning that attaches it to the distinguished degree. This page details each career level associated with a degree, which could help you in figuring out the required tuning for your careers: https://www.ign.com/wikis/the-sims-...guished_Degrees. It's easiest to find the tuning files using Sims 4 Studio/Tools/Extract Tuning, then type in a career name on that list. You'll see career_level/career_...... files, and those are the ones to look at.

Good luck!!