Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Any Game Starter 3 [Updated: v. 2.6]

by jonha Posted 17th Jun 2010 at 12:44 PM - Updated 1st Dec 2020 at 6:34 PM by jonha

292 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 253 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 12
Lab Assistant
#251 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 12:53 PM Last edited by Simlicious : 29th Nov 2012 at 6:08 PM.
Since I installed Seasons, I cannot access any of my custom profiles anymore
Note: I activated the Seasons addon in the individual profiles. I have Windows 7 64 bit.
The ts3w.exe appears in the process list for a short time and then just disappears without actually starting the game. When I open the launcher of the profile, the launcher opens - but once I click on the play button, the launcher closes and Sims 3 never starts.

I already deinstalled and reinstalled AGS twice and created new profiles, cloned profiles, all to no avail.
The only thing that still works is the default profile. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Lab Assistant
#252 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 8:14 PM

Does anybody know why this appears? I can start the default but when I try to open a custom profile this appears :/
Screenshots

BYE!
Inventor
#253 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 1:55 PM
Too bad, I had to install the new version of The Sim +Origin since 1.47 patch hat shot my Sims and the original DVD is unreadable ..
Therefore no longer works with Origin
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#254 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 5:11 PM
Could do with a update..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#255 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 2:20 AM
thanks it worked
Test Subject
#256 Old 28th May 2013 at 12:38 PM
Hello! First of all, thank you for this awesome prog! I have a question about using the AGS and CC Magic. Is it possible? I mean, I tested and my problem is, that the CC I ran through CC Magic, which is in my Base-Profile, is in all the other Profiles automatically, which I don't want. I used the AGS, to have a 'Create Game' and a 'Play Game' with much less CC. So uhm, is there a way to merge my CC with CC Magic, for both of my profiles equally?
Thanks in advance!
Instructor
#257 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 5:30 PM
Can you help me please? I start a new profile and launch it but when I click the open profile option, I keep on getting a popup window saying the profile could not be found? When I click ignore though, all the necessary files are there...and how come there is no support files for the program?
Help would be appreciated thanx!

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Field Researcher
#258 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 11:39 AM
does this still work with the latest expansion packs?
Lab Assistant
#259 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Minaki
does this still work with the latest expansion packs?

Yes - make sure to have the latest version of the any game starter

--
Would be nice if a feature to manage custom content (example. searching an object and uninstalling just this object)...
Test Subject
#260 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 4:09 PM
Default custom profiles not working
i'm having trouble making this program to work.
the default profile is working fine and was able to start sims 3 but when I tried running sims 3 with a custom profile with only a few EP checked, sims 3 doesn't even open up. all i get is a pop up box that says that sim 3 has stopped working. any solution out there? thanks!

but still, thank you for the program!
Test Subject
#261 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 10:18 AM Last edited by loxadhir : 4th Dec 2013 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Typo
This program works great for me, nice work

the only problem I have is that not all my installed store items show up in the game
Test Subject
#262 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by loxadhir
This program works great for me, nice work

the only problem I have is that not all my installed store items show up in the game

That's because it treats each profile as a seperate game folder.

You can copy all of your installed content into the profile folder and it will work (providing the expansion packs that are required for it are actully part of that profile, of course).

-PodRED-
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#263 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 2:44 PM
Oh my...
Thank you so much...
Test Subject
#264 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shilsdon
That's because it treats each profile as a separate game folder.

You can copy all of your installed content into the profile folder and it will work (providing the expansion packs that are required for it are actually part of that profile, of course).

-PodRED-

doesn't work my multitab for example should work in sims 3 only and it doesn't show up
If I open the Dashboard it immediately crashes
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#265 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 9:45 PM
ooo, this sounds useful. Can't wait to try it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#266 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 7:41 PM
my firewall keeps deleting the file

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#267 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 11:04 PM
Hello, not sure if this has been asked / answered before, but is it possible to create a shortcut ot an anygame launcher? thus far I've only been able to create a shortcut to the actual game. What I mean is... normally the anygame desktop shortcut leads you to ts3w.exe or ts3.exe whichever one, but I would like it to lead to Sims3LauncherW.exe or Sims3Launcher.exe is that possible?
Instructor
#268 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 2:22 AM
Which should I download? This version or the one at Simlogical? Does it work well with patch 1.63?

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#269 Old 1st May 2014 at 2:14 PM Last edited by anakinatka : 1st May 2014 at 4:10 PM.
Works fine so far, but I guess I'm being very blonde here. Where exactly would the new user file/folder be created? I would just love to use all my store content and mods, but there is no "games" folder under programme/Any Game Starter 3. Can't find instructions either.

edit: figured it out, really blonde!

As for store content: the multitab was also not showing up in my game, but I guess that's a problem of the launcher itself, not Any Game Starter! redownloading it from the store fixed that problem. yay!
Test Subject
#270 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 5:42 PM
Thanks for making this! I've read through the last half of the comments but I'm not finding what I need, so sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm running Sims 3 on Steam, and when I open up the program it just says when I try to create a new profile "Sims 3 for Steam - Can't disable expansions". Am I mistaken in thinking you can use this program for that purpose on Steam?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#271 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 12:21 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#272 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 12:15 AM
Thanks You Verry Mutch
Test Subject
#273 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:55 AM
Hi!

Soft works pretty nice, but I had encountered unhandled exception in your code. Nothing THAT serious, but it can be easily fixed (I'm a dev too). Report is here:
http://pastebin.com/wdrDRFGM

Software can continue despite it, but throwing exceptions isn't really user-friendly so I wanted to share.

Take care,
Mati
Test Subject
#274 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 3:37 AM
I'm also getting the 'System.InvalidOperationException: This access control list is not in canonical form and therefore cannot be modified.' error when ever I try to use one of the profiles or go to properties. I have the origin version of the sims and the expansions up to supernatural.
Test Subject
#275 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 12:28 PM
What can I do when I have only 3 languages to selection?
Page 11 of 12