Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Any Game Starter 3 [Updated: v. 2.6]

by jonha Posted 17th Jun 2010 at 12:44 PM - Updated 1st Dec 2020 at 6:34 PM by jonha

292 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 253 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 12
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#276 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 4:45 PM
Please update
#277 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 5:53 PM
I like and appreciate this mod... but lately it doesn't seem to work. I leave the Pets expansion pack out, but my world is overrun by these sad, heartbreaking homeless pets. I started the launcher in the mod, and it indeed says PETS is not installed, and in custom content the pet store is X out, but somehow, PETS still shows up in the actual game play.

How did I screw this up? Clue please!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#278 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 12:47 PM
You saved my life!!!!!! THANKS A LOT!!!! I LOVE YOU!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#279 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 1:10 AM
I love it <3 Thank you.

But is there a way to include sim3pack files in your games as well? I know you can put in the package for separate games but the sim3packs never appear in the game...
Space Pony
#280 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 1:27 AM
Okay. It is malfunctioning, and when I try to launch the default profile (and reboot), it STILL launches the secondary profile. WHY?! I'm a flipping computer nerd, and even I don't know what to do!
#281 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 2:02 PM
Just wanted to share info. I'm on Steam, have all expansion packs and on patch 1.67. The game runs fine. After I installed the last verison anygamestarter3.exe (2.6), there is a pop up box saying "Sims 3 could not be found. Please reinstall the game. Exit now?"

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Field Researcher
#282 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 2:25 AM Last edited by SeaZephyr : 25th Aug 2015 at 2:49 AM.
I used this in the past and it was a life saver, but I no longer have any of my game disks so I have to use the version EA provides through Origin after you register your copies and any time I try to start my 2nd profile...it just opens the Origin client. I realize that this is EA's doing and in no way the fault of the creator of this fine utility, so I am steaming mad at EA. I want to easily be able to create some households that are uncluttered with store content, CC and even certain expansion packs and apparently the only way for me to do this is to *completely* uninstall everything and only install the one or two packs I want to use to create my uncluttered families because EA has seemingly hard coded it so that no matter *what* you do, the Origin client absolutely has to be launched before the game is. Because of this, Any Game Starter 3 no longer functions as it was intended.
Test Subject
#283 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 2:37 AM
Installed this without a problem and made a new profile. Got the prompt that because I was playing a profile for the first time, some permissions for registry keys have to be fixed and/or confirmation was needed from the admin. I selected yes, only to have the Fix Registry Rights exe open for a split sec then immediately close out, stating that the program stopped working, permissions could not be changed and to run FixRegistryRights.exe. Problem is, the exact same thing happens when I go into the program folder that AnyGameStarter was installed and click on FixRegistryRights.exe. Was then given 3 possible solutions to try:

-logging in as an admin,
-running FixRegistryRights from the program file,
-giving the current user full registry access to 'HKLM\Software\(Wow6432Node\)Sims\*"

I tried the first two solutions to no avail, and I have no idea how to attempt Solution 3. Any help in this matter is most appreciated.

FYI: I have all expansion packs and all stuff packs with the exception of Katy Perry's Sweet Treats.
Base game, expansion packs and stuff packs were installed via Origin,
I have Windows 8 on my laptop and am the only user
Had installed V 2.6, then uninstalled and tried again with V 2.0
Lab Assistant
#284 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 1:27 AM
Unfortunately, the last patch from today, which updated launcher, also made Origin required to run the game and changed the way the game is launched. Thanks to that, AnyGameStarter is unusable. Please, if it is possible, could you upgrade the app so it works again? I really need this, it's one of my essential Sims 3 mods and I don't know how I could live without it
Lab Assistant
#285 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 11:42 PM
I know Jonha hasn't been around in years, but has anyone gotten this to work with Windows 8? I keep getting an unhandled exception when I try to right click on a custom profile to open the profile folder.

It says: Access to path C:\users\myname\Documents\AnyGameStarter3\Games\customprofilename\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windoes\INetCache\ContentIE.5 is denied.

Anyone even know what that means?
Lab Assistant
#286 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 12:30 AM
Simply put, this hack just doesn't work.
Even the language changer is crap. I switched from Russian to English and it made everything German.
This program is crap. DO NOT DOWNLOAD!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#287 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 3:57 AM
Thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#288 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 4:20 PM
I'm getting unhandled exceptions as well. I just upgraded to Windows 10 and unfortunately patch 1.69. Not sure which is the issue.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#289 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 2:18 PM
Thanks man!
Test Subject
#290 Old 30th May 2017 at 10:23 AM
Is it working for anyone? I installed all my games through origins and I guess I have to play through that anyway. This was always an essential mod for me. Has anyone got it working or something similar going?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#291 Old 15th Oct 2019 at 12:51 AM
This is working pretty much perfectly with one exception: multi-rabbiholes have the unavailable opportunity bug.
I think this is probably due to the fact it was never updated past 1.4 when the bug was addressed, but still it makes for a very frustrating annoyance when playing in worlds with combined rabbitholes.
Test Subject
#292 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 12:18 AM
When I try to play a profile with Ambitions,Seasons,Gnerations and Pets it says something about the 'path' is already in the dictionary. I will try putting the disc in to see if it works.

Also can I use this to build worlds in CAW?
Thanks
Page 12 of 12