Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2022 at 3:41 PM Last edited by acquarius74 : 26th Nov 2022 at 8:58 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] Clothing Custom Content duplicate (with custom bodyshapes in thumbs!)
Hi all,

i never used bodyshapes and custom clothes together before so it's the first time i see an issue like this.
In my downloads i have Warlokk's Hi-Res Female BodyShapes - Teen in C and D breast cup size, with L and XL hips .
With Maxis Teen Swimwear Sets by the Mystical One (4 sets ) and Warlokk's meshes, i should see ONLY 24 swimwears for each combination: C-L, C-XL, D-L, D-XL, but i have 4 MORE swimwears: C-L, C-XL, D-L, D-XL in two textures, as in the picture below:

I have no other custom clothing installed. What could be the problem? I've searched for some missing mesh or clothing i didn't see, even using SimPE and Download Organizer, ain't no missing mesh and all the clothes i have are these swimwears...

Last time i asked for help nobody answered, hope this time someone will have mercy... finger cross!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Nov 2022 at 4:59 PM
Do you have a picture of these files in your Downloads folder, and/or a link to that particular download?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Nov 2022 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do you have a picture of these files in your Downloads folder, and/or a link to that particular download?

Yes, this is the final part fo my folder with the meshes ( swimwears are 96, too many to show them all):

Here the links:

https://modthesims.info/d/236336/ma...hape-sizes.html
https://modthesims.info/d/236463/ma...hape-sizes.html
https://modthesims.info/d/236466/ma...hape-sizes.html
https://modthesims.info/d/236468/ma...hape-sizes.html

thanks
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Nov 2022 at 6:51 PM
Have you counted them in Bodyshop, or seen if the rest of them appear elsewhere? Could be a sorting issue, a naming issue in the tooltip, or a counting mistake.

The files look fine, from what I can see. Those two outfits are included in the sets. Not sure why there's just two of each in your Bodyshop - are you sure you put in all the ones you wanted?

Those two are "SwimwearRedBikini" and "SwimwearBluePaisley"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Nov 2022 at 11:17 AM
Have you counted them in Bodyshop, or seen if the rest of them appear elsewhere? Could be a sorting issue, a naming issue in the tooltip, or a counting mistake.

The files look fine, from what I can see. Those two outfits are included in the sets. Not sure why there's just two of each in your Bodyshop - are you sure you put in all the ones you wanted?

Those two are "SwimwearRedBikini" and "SwimwearBluePaisley"

Yes, i've put all the swimwears of all sets, so i have 24 "models" for each combination: C-Lg, D-Lg, C-XL, D-XL, 24x4=96 swimwears in total.

I've checked in the whole Bodyshop to see if some of them appear elsewhere, they are not. If i put out the folder, the problem disappears (together with swimwears, obviously...)

I've seen the thumbs of any file with Clean Installer, and they seem to be all ok. One of the mesh seem to have the texture of the "SwimwearRedBikini"... Don't know if it’s related... You know i'm not skilled as you in these things.

Weird issue... i've also searched in the Comment pages of downloads to see if someone had this problem before... i found nothing... Don't know what to do...
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Nov 2022 at 11:46 AM
Another try with another set.

Just to see if the problem is systematic, i put all the Maxis Undies for the same Warlokk's meshes: 12 models, the usual four measures: 48 in total.

As you can see from the picture above, the bug is systematic:

Very frustrated...
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Nov 2022 at 6:28 PM
I didn't look at the mesh files the first time around...

Do you have the files with just "Warlokk_tfBody_(size)_Swimwear" that followed the meshes? I'm pretty sure those are the ones you're seeing at the end. They appear to be the red and paisley bikini, so that would explain why they show as duplicates. If you remove these (the ones with just "swimwear" without pattern/color text) you won't get the duplicate files.

If you see similar issues for other sets, check the mesh topic to see if they already had those particular textures included (pictures would likely show it).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Nov 2022 at 8:27 PM
I didn't look at the mesh files the first time around...

Do you have the files with just "Warlokk_tfBody_(size)_Swimwear" that followed the meshes? I'm pretty sure those are the ones you're seeing at the end. They appear to be the red and paisley bikini, so that would explain why they show as duplicates. If you remove these (the ones with just "swimwear" without pattern/color text) you won't get the duplicate files.

If you see similar issues for other sets, check the mesh topic to see if they already had those particular textures included (pictures would likely show it).

Yes, you are right. The files "Warlokk_tfBody_(size)_Swimwear" are superfluous. It's the same with Undies sets. I've put them in because i thought they are needed to keep the custom bodyshape also when they are nude (like in the shower), as i said in the first post, it's my first time using bodyshapes. I've read a lot of Warlokk's info but I'm still trying to figure out how this works.

A million thanks :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Nov 2022 at 10:47 PM
For these ones, you just need the meshes from the mesh topics.

The texture files are there to make the outfits show up in Bodyshop if you don't have other recolors of the outfits, for instance if someone wants to make recolors. They'll show up ingame and in Bodyshop, since they're just a normal outfit.

---

Bodyshape clothes are just clothes with a different shape. They don't act any different than other clothes. There are a few sorting systems and such, but essentially these are just there to make it easier to differentiate between the items - the clothes are just clothes.

Showerproof bodyshape skintones are essentially regular skins, but the "true naked outfit" that shows when the sim is taking a shower or bath (or is naked in some or another way) is linked to a different top/bottom mesh set than the ingame ones, so that set of meshes are needed for the bodyshape to show when the sim is naked.

When the sim isn't naked (all other outfits), you need the bodyshape clothes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 11:28 AM
For these ones, you just need the meshes from the mesh topics.

The texture files are there to make the outfits show up in Bodyshop if you don't have other recolors of the outfits, for instance if someone wants to make recolors. They'll show up ingame and in Bodyshop, since they're just a normal outfit.

---

Bodyshape clothes are just clothes with a different shape. They don't act any different than other clothes. There are a few sorting systems and such, but essentially these are just there to make it easier to differentiate between the items - the clothes are just clothes.

Showerproof bodyshape skintones are essentially regular skins, but the "true naked outfit" that shows when the sim is taking a shower or bath (or is naked in some or another way) is linked to a different top/bottom mesh set than the ingame ones, so that set of meshes are needed for the bodyshape to show when the sim is naked.

When the sim isn't naked (all other outfits), you need the bodyshape clothes.

Thanks for your clear explanation, you are like a lighthouse in the dark... :lovestruc