Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #25: 'Race Car' kid bedroom set - *FOR ANY GAME!* - *UPD 02-jan-07*

by Numenor Posted 31st Aug 2006 at 6:14 PM - Updated 2nd Jan 2007 at 12:47 PM by Numenor : MAJOR UPDATE! Entire set now available for ANY GAME!

205 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 203 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 9
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#126 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 11:03 AM
Thanks for reporting. The bed was one of the objects that was most heavily rebuilt in order to make it work in the game. It's basically a clone of a base-game bed, so perhaps this is the reason. But does this means that *all* the custom beds cloned from base-game beds now don't have the Pets interactions? Hope not...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#127 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 5:41 PM
I'm having trouble with the end table. It won't show up in the catalog but I can see all the other items. I do have all expansions and stuff packs installed.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#128 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
But does this means that *all* the custom beds cloned from base-game beds now don't have the Pets interactions? Hope not...

Yes! None of the custom mesh furniture made pre-Pets has any pet interactions. Except for counters oddly enough. Cats can sit on custom counters but pets can't interact with any other custom mesh objects. So they'll leave your gorgeous custom leather sofa alone and tear up the Maxis garbage can instead.
Test Subject
#129 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 10:56 PM
I like it...Parsimonious.org has something like this..with coordinating walls and floors. It will be nice to mix and match them.(for Sims2... located in Nursery, kids, teens rooms..page 7 its called Vroom)Its Free Also!!!
Test Subject
#130 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 11:50 PM
Wow..cool, I found something like this over a year ago, with coordinating walls and floors At Parsimonious.org...works well with all my expansions..It will be nice to mix and match the items.(Loctated in Nursery, kids, and teen rooms page 7 for Sims 2) and its free. Hope this get your Sim children off to a good race...
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 6:00 AM
I got this as soon as I got GLS, but everything except the rug shows up. I really like the set but a rug would complete it. I'll try to download again...
Thanks or the set.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#132 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 10:30 PM
I don't know what to say... This set has been a nightmare since the beginning: users had random objects not showing up. One lacks the bed, one the rug, one the ent table...

Maxis says they left this set purposely hidden for me to "reveal" it? Well, I'm grateful for the gift, but I start thinking that it was a sort of punishment, rather than a gift

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#133 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 3:24 AM
I've also seen that some other maxis lost and found items won't show up in the catalouge, but it may just be particular combinations of expansion packs.
Space Pony
#134 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 8:26 PM
Thanks, it is great !

SHOPxADDICTED

SHOPxADDICTED

Like to see more, click here !
Test Subject
#135 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 6:38 PM
Thanks for extracting this set.

The german page simszone.de has an article about the features of the new EP. They were invited to a Sims Fan Day by EA. http://www.simszone.de/simszone/spe...ufen.php?page=2
(only german texts)

It is mentioned in the text that this set will be included in the new EP:
http://www.simszone.de/php_inc/scre.../seasons/46.jpg
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#136 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 8:15 PM
Didn't they say that this set would have been included in Pets and/or released as downloadable objects on the Exchange?
Oh, now that I think of the Exchange... Perhaps I should include this set in a lot and upload it on the Exchange, so the entire set would be registered as created by ME! I guess that - for once - the Maxoids would realize how irritating it is!

Instructor
#137 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 8:57 PM

Neither "perhaps" nor "should" - just do it, you have to :D
As they want to fake us with offering already included sets as "new creations" extra for the new EP they can just realize how irritating they are :D
So go and upload a lot, basta! :D

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Instructor
#138 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 1:28 AM
OK, not required - did you know this already? :D

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#139 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 2:24 AM
Yes, I already knew that blog; but now they have put even an actual link to this thread! Astonishing! Is it Christmas? lol!

Instructor
#140 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 2:38 AM
Feels more like carnival, Papa Smurfmenator is wearing his cardboard nose

I don't want to be the spoil sport, not at all (actually I think it's pretty cool, fair play) but what do you think how many people take the time to read in old blogs, searching for additional appearing links?

Test Subject
#141 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 1:07 AM
Great set! Everything works for me but... the armoire and dresser don't show up in my catalogue. Odd.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#142 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 10:33 AM
pacsunqtaz - I'm sorry, but this set is wicked - I actually think that Maxis pulled a prank on me!

Khaibit - Good point indeed! I bet you are right

Instructor
#143 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 10:58 AM

Uuuuh, I wish I wouldn't in this case!
I mean, because of the text itself in this blog it would be worth it to re-read it, I think. What about linking from this thread to the blog which links back in here? As long as you explain why it would be intresting to take a look again... :D

BTW, for some reason the whole set doesn't appear in my catalog...

Lab Assistant
#144 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 7:14 AM
I've seen a picture for the sims 2 seasons and it had a desk that looked just like the set- only a little different. Seems as if seasons definitely comes with it.
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 21st Dec 2006 at 2:28 AM
I've noticed with some of the "lost and found" items, they are in maxis made screenshots or used for something else, like the CAS! stand for example, but not with all of them. This is strange of maxis...

Anyway, if I had glamor life, I would download this. Nice bed :D
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 12:39 AM
Poor Numenor, all this trouble to get it up on here, fixing bugs and so, and now it's up on the Exchange! (This Set, in the objects section)

.Call me Bec.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#147 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 9:42 PM
Thanks for your sympathy, Bexstar, but it was announced, so I'm not surprised.
What surprises me is this picture shown on the Exchange, depicting the bed:

Please notice the bedding: it's blue-flashing! Seems that they too had some problems extracting this set!

Anyway, several items were NOT published on the Exchange: the rug, the armoir and the dresser; so, the Lost&Found set is still better!

Lab Assistant
#148 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 12:37 AM
It's okay, I'm a *cough* sympathetic person.
I noticed the bedding too and I thought it was a little suss. They missed out items too, I think they had MORE problems extracting than you did.

.Call me Bec.
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#149 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 10:48 PM
I'll stick with your extracted set Numenor

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#150 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 10:59 PM
I do have a question though, as a creator with a website, I know some folks want official "straight from maxis" objects, if I were to upload some of my lots, & wanted to include the little bit of the set from maxis, do you think having your set, & having maxis set both in my game would conflict each other? You see, I don't download much, except for your stuff :P

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Page 6 of 9