Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis "Lost & Found" #25: 'Race Car' kid bedroom set - *FOR ANY GAME!* - *UPD 02-jan-07*

by Numenor Posted 31st Aug 2006 at 6:14 PM - Updated 2nd Jan 2007 at 12:47 PM by Numenor : MAJOR UPDATE! Entire set now available for ANY GAME!

205 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 203 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 9
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 7:42 AM
anak_ponti the rug is in Decorative, Misc category because it is base game compatible and in the base game there is no Rugs category. if you want it to turn up in Rugs use simwardore cc catgorizer like i did with all my base game rugs.
Forum Resident
#177 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 1:56 AM
When can I get this simwardore cc catgorizer?
Forum Resident
#178 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 9:43 AM
I notice that I can change the category with simpe, so no need to download simwardore cc catgorizer. Thanks again for the info, the_alien_among_us.
Field Researcher
#179 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:19 PM
I'm confused... did Seasons come with this finally unlocked? Or am I seeing two copies because I accidentally downloaded the Maxis versions as well?

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#180 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 9:31 AM
Lol! No, you are not seeing things doubled Seasons comes with the entire "Race Car" set, fully unlocked.

The differences between "my" set and the one from Seasons are:

1) My set is fully playable in any game (including the rug and the two dressers)
2) The Desk has a separate drawer cabinet: by applying the included "invisible recolour", you can get rid of the drawers.
3) The table lamp (the golden cup) is recolourable not only for the lamp shade, but also for the cup itself.
4) The end table (the tires with the glass plane) is recolourable.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Banned
#181 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 6:27 AM
You can get the set in seasons or download it at thesims 2.com
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#182 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 9:38 PM
I know. Read the differences between my set and the version downloadable at the official site HERE; as for the differences between my set and the version released with Seasons, I can't believe you have not read the post just above yours -

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

#183 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 2:33 PM
I wonder why they decided to release it on the Exchange after so long.

At any rate, great job Numenor
Forum Resident
#184 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 11:15 AM
Cheers 'ModFather' I had a set like this back when I was a kid! - loosely based on a Ferrari 250 GT (hmmm, showing my age a bit here) - anyway, truly wonderful work as always!. 'Molte grazie' - for sharing!.

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Lab Assistant
#185 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DocFX
Cheers 'ModFather' I had a set like this back when I was a kid! - loosely based on a Ferrari 250 GT (hmmm, showing my age a bit here) - anyway, truly wonderful work as always!. 'Molte grazie' - for sharing!.

Me too, but based on a 1993 Mustang GT... I'm younger than you !

Brunswick Industry: Canadian Pride, Canadian Quality !
Test Subject
#186 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 4:48 AM Last edited by daedreem : 5th Jun 2007 at 5:10 AM.
Hi, I have a question..
Kinda off topic, since I am using these items from seasons rather than this beautiful unlocked set.. but..

I've been looking for bedding made for this set... and it doesn't seem to exist.
Has anyone, could anyone, make bedding that would match this set?

for instance a red comforter with the yellow stripe, and maybe make the pillowcase checkered?

Others to match the other colors?

I like this kids set.. but I haven't even used it because I think it looks silly with all the comforters I have...
I know comforters are usually designed for full, and then the game cuts them for use on a single, but I think designing for a single, and just leaving the left side solid for the full would still look good on the full.

And.. I tried doing recolors once when I had more time, and was unsuccessful.. now I don't have time around a 2 year old to even play much.. much less recolor too.

If anyone tackles this, could you let me know please please please?

PS..
I don't know if it came with Seasons, or not.. because I have only bought the cheapest car since seasons came out.. but there's a NEW FORD MUSTANG RACECAR available to download from the Maxis website now.
Just FYI.
-EDIT- typos..
Plus..
The thread seems it won't let me subscribe to it? (sigh)
Please IM me if you know of/create the bedding?

"Born to WooHoo" T-shirts and items.
My other designs. Feel free to request new ones!
Test Subject
#187 Old 6th May 2008 at 11:35 PM
So . . . the differences between the download available here and the Race Car items in Seasons are differences that you created yourself? Or were any of these differences in the original hidden version?
Test Subject
#188 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 6:09 AM
you made this?? this was made by another person at thesims2.ea.com

if your gonna steal someone elses stuff why not give them credit first??
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#189 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 1:01 PM
Uhm... I thought that the title "Maxis Lost & Found #25", the description "Since Maxis released this set on the Exchange..." and the credits "...all the meshes and textures are by Maxis" were enough
Also, I've never stated that *I* created these objects: on the contrary, I stated clearly that "I've created the packages, rebuilding the missing items and fixing the existing files, so to make the objects buyable from the catalog."

If you are convinced that these objects have been created by someone else then Maxis then you are mistaken (MaxoidMonkey and all the other "MaxoidXXX" are EA/Maxis employees). And if someone (NOT a Maxoid) claimed these objects to be created by him, then HE is stealing, certainly not me.

Lab Assistant
#190 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 7:17 PM
I don't understand, I had this set in my game when I had nightlife, seasons, bon voyage and H&M (and I didn't download this)
Test Subject
#191 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 8:52 PM
This is so cool! But for some reason I already had it when I installed the Sims 2 Deluxe (Base game and Nightlife). I'm pretty sure I didn't download the set because I didn't even know custom content existed! Maybe it was just a gift you got for buying deluxe. Well, thanks anyway!
Test Subject
#192 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 5:09 PM Last edited by Yoshi175 : 23rd Nov 2008 at 5:45 PM.
I'm confused, these came with seasons for me...

edit: the rug is even shown in the New Objects part of the booklet
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#193 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 6:07 PM
I posted this set on Aug 31st, 2006, i.e. way before Seasons came out.
Originally, these objects were hidden in Glamour Life; then Maxis published them on the Exchange, and then included them in Seasons.
I'm not going to remove this thread, because there may be people that do NOT have Seasons, or prefer having my versions (that are better recolourble and have more colours then the ones posted on the Exchange).

Test Subject
#194 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 2:13 AM
Hey Numenor, U know U can also find them directly on the Sims 2 Official website in the object exchange area.

Just 2 let U know
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#195 Old 31st Dec 2008 at 2:08 PM
Thank you, Blansive; but have your read my post, immediately above yours?

Lab Assistant
#196 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 11:07 PM
I had no patient to read the whole thing, but I already havo those things0_0they very properly categorized in my game, I think they came with family stuff or something.well,i'm not sure about the dresser,but others i have
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#197 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 9:48 PM
See my post #181, above.

Lab Assistant
#198 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 6:09 AM
Hey Numenor, I love this set. BTW I bought Double Deluxe and never have seen this set before, so I downloaded your version. However when my boys use the bed one night I can not click on it anymore. I can send the boy to bed one time and then there is no pop up coming up anymore.

Not sure what that is
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#199 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 4:37 PM
Does it happen every time? I mean, even if you sell and re-buy the bed? Of course, when the kid wakes up, he has full energy, and no "sleep" interaction will be available...

Lab Assistant
#200 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 6:57 AM
Yes it happens all the time. I send him to bed one night all is fine, next night when energy is low and its time for sleep I can not send him to bed. Even if I buy a new bed over and over at one point I can just not use it anymore.
Page 8 of 9