Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAST yourself a chimney!

by armiel Posted 31st Jan 2011 at 5:37 PM - Updated 29th Oct 2011 at 2:39 PM by armiel

100 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 6th May 2012 at 9:04 AM
Quick note on something I just learned the hard way: When using the fake pieces (all of the chimney pieces, not just the top) on a chimney not included in this or the or the pets pack (I used the chimney from MSS, I love that chimney) you can not recolor the pieces.

If you use moveobjects to delete one of these chimneys you already placed and try to place a different chimney in the remaining cast your game will crash. Or at least mine does, every time.

"Until our shattered selves once again collide."
Instructor
#77 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 2:02 AM
I too am having trouble with this working properly. The fireplace casts. The chimney will cast only the floor level of the fireplace. The foundation below it and the second floor level of chimney above it will not cast, giving an error message that it is not recastable when I try to use the CAS tool. I am running a Mac, with base game and Ambitions only. The update tool says I am fully up to date with patches. I made sure to build the second floor before I placed the fireplace. I cannot understand what I must be doing wrong.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 4:26 AM
rhiamom, as the "How to"-part in the post says:
"only the part behind fireplace has ability to be clicked for cast, you need to drag the pattern in cas-tool to the rest of the pieces."
So I suppose you're not doing that.
(There is even a video!)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#79 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 1:20 AM
Ah, I was trying to drag the pattern from the already cast area onto the uncast area. I had no idea you could drag patterns from the cast dialogue box. If I drag a palette of colors will it recast a patterned design in the palette colors? I am terribly excited with ew capability! I thank you, Armiel, for taking the time to help me. I was a simmer and creator in the old Sims 2 days; I learned how to mesh, even, but I most enjoy building pretty and playable houses. I have just begun playing Sims 3, so I am only a noob.
Test Subject
#80 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 5:41 PM
can you re colour the brick any colour and does this work for downloaded fireplace say the sims 3 store? and great mod
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#81 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blondiegirl95
can you re colour the brick any colour and does this work for downloaded fireplace say the sims 3 store? and great mod
Yes. No. Thanks. :D
Field Researcher
#82 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 4:15 PM
Can you do this again with the fireplaces that come with Sims 3 master suite stuff, and with Sims 3 Supernatural?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 6:34 PM
Train_guy,
Nope, sorry. You can use the pieces for those chimneys anyways, just MO (use moveobjects on cheat) them in place.
Test Subject
#84 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 3:13 PM
Is this compatible with 1.42?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#85 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 4:31 AM
Soltis,

Try out and let me know too? :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 3:17 AM
Hey I have been looking everywhere for this mod! I was so tired of my Chimney not matching my house now it totally matches thankies!
Test Subject
#87 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 6:53 PM
I just began playing Sims 3 again... fresh install after purchasing all of the xp's through Seasons and have been searching for all of my favorite cc and mods from before. The Castable Chimney by Armiel was a favorite when I only had the basegame and can report it does work, beautifully, with all xp's and patches through Seasons. Thanks again for a wonderful mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#88 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 11:29 AM
Thank you so, so much for this - makes such a huge difference to the look of the lots! Brilliant addition to the game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 8:56 AM
Thank you so much! I've been dying for chimneys not made of red brick! They just don't suit my style of building.
Hopefully this works since I've got all the EPs except Showtime installed.

Kiitos! <3
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 10:16 PM
I'm sad to find that with this installed my game is unable to load. It sits at 0% on the neighborhood load and the game tips don't rotate. Such a shame, this would have gotten rid of all the ugly colored chimneys attached to pretty fireplaces.

We can't all be ninjas but it doesn't take much to be a pirate.
mature minion
retired moderator THANKS POST
#91 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 2:28 PM
Such and improvement, no idea why EA didn't do this originally. Thank you Finn!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 9:02 PM
Love this awesome mod thank you ~
Scholar
#93 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tee Hee Hee
Such and improvement, no idea why EA didn't do this originally. Thank you Finn!

I will 2nd that!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 7:02 PM
I absolutely adore this mod. I cannot thank you enough. I've wanted to be able to do this since I started playing, now you've made it possible with your awesomeness.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 12:04 PM
So so crazy this wasn't standard in the game -thank you so much for it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#96 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 12:46 AM
Oooh! This looks so helpful! Now I don't have to "Box in" my chimneys or delete them!
Test Subject
#97 Old 16th May 2014 at 5:45 PM
I only recently discovered this upload and was also very happy as I hate the red brick default ones from EA. My game loads fine, and they show up next to the originals as you said they would in the chimney section in build mode, but the minute I click on one to use it, my game crashes right there. Checked with dashboard, no conflicts that it can pick up, literally, it's only when I click on one to place it that my game crashes, instantly. I have EP Ambitions/Pets/Supernatural/Into the future and I'm all patched up to the latest versions. Anyway, I've removed them for the time being and thought I'd let you know. I see majority of these posts are from years ago, so, it might be the latest patch that is causing a problem? But I really wouldn't know, I'm not a modder, so I'm not sure how that all works.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#98 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 2:18 AM
Great job. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 1:14 AM
Wow, thank you! This was *really* bugging me. Looking forward to better chimbleys!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#100 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 10:07 PM Last edited by RedMallie : 5th Mar 2017 at 5:08 AM. Reason: ETA
Thank you for these CASTable fireplaces, Armiel!
I must comment that just like it happened to MrsPixie (post #98 above),my game crashes when trying to use one of the fireplaces. I have successfully used the ones from Ambitions, but when I was trying today to use the very first fireplace from Base Game, the brown wood one in the picture where you show all 6 styles that's when my game crashed. I attempted this twice with the same result.
I have all EPs and SPs (except K Perry). My game is patched up to 1.69
I will try to use the other BG fireplaces and see what happens.

Edit: I tested using the other fireplaces in this set and all worked well. No game crashing at all. The only one that seems to be causing a problem is the first one the one that is like the Pyro-Pit from base game.

If Armiel ever wishes to look into this issue, it would be fantastic, but if not, at least we know not to use that one fireplace. We still have more than enough options, and the CASTable chimneys are wonderful.
Thank you, Armiel!
Page 4 of 5