Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2022 at 3:24 AM
Default Adding Icons to custom Interactions.
I would like to know how to add icons to custom interactions. Whether they be social or immediate interactions. For example the "Better Polyamory" mod by lizcandor has Icons on their custom interactions. I tried looking into their interactions in ILSpy, but I was unable to deduct how lizcandor managed to add custom icons to their custom interactions. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Nov 2022 at 4:02 AM
Oh, that's not anything special that I did - it's just the usual thing where if an interaction is encouraged by a trait the active sim has, that trait's icon appears next to the interaction. So if what you want is to put something like a logo for your mods next to all your custom interactions, I have no idea how to do that unfortunately (but I'm sure it can be done and would be cool if you got it to work!) - but if what you want is just for your custom traits to encourage certain interactions, just add the name of the custom trait to the ATE (for Actor Traits Encourage or something, I think?) line in the interaction's social data. Check out the DiscussPolyamory entry of the SocialData_Polyamory XML in the polyamory mod's package for an example, that interaction is encouraged by both of the mod's custom traits.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Nov 2022 at 5:48 AM
Hey lizcandor, thanks for explaining how the icons worked in your mod. By any chance would you happen to know of any resources such as tutorials that explain how the SocialData_ xml is made or anything I can use to better understand this? The only thing I can think of that may be related is this tutorial Here , but I am honestly unsure. Again thank you so much for your answer!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Nov 2022 at 11:07 PM
Sims MX's explanation in this thread is how I learned! Super helpful and clearly written.

That post also explains how to make a SocializingActionAvailability XML, but that part isn't strictly necessary if your interaction has its own class - as far as I've encountered, everything the SocializingActionAvailability XML does and more can also just be done in the interaction's test method if it has one. Still worth learning how to use them anyway though, I think, especially if you just want to make something simple.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Nov 2022 at 4:56 AM
Thanks lizcandor, you're the best! I hope to put this new resource to use.