Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#376 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 12:35 PM
hmmm..i have nothing changed at the maps or textures, i have only work at the mesh, step by step following the tutorial...so i realy have no idea whats wrong...
ok, i `ll try again, and give you report later....
Advertisement
Test Subject
#377 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 1:38 AM
thank you so much!but it is not workin for me.i followed every thing! but i dont know what place to save it in the end!please help!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#378 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 2:38 AM
ncfootba11playa - cannot help you with that description. Everyone assumes they followed the tutorial correctly. But you must be precise - both in following it and in describing exactly what you did, where you are stuck, or what the question is.

The answer at this point is throw away the files you made and start over and go very slowly and carefully and re-read any part that seems confusing. The screenshots should look like your screen.

If they don't, then ask about the specific step and either give us a screenshot of your screen or describe in detail what you see and what your question is and be sure to tell what you were trying to do.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#379 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 8:28 PM
ok thanks..plus i have blender not milkshape.o u kno how to do it with blender?

michael
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#380 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 10:33 PM
You can't just use blender - you must follow the specific extra directions as documented in the FAQ/Infocenter area and use an additional plugin to get blender to work with this method.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#381 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 11:31 PM
Oh thank you! do u know what i should be looking for in the FAQ? im new to mts2 so im a little confused haha.i made my mesh and everything and i merged the back in to one(cuz u cant delete) and i used meshtool but its not showing up on body shopp i guess i need the plugin!

michael
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#382 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 11:57 PM
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=131389

Test Subject
#383 Old 2nd May 2007 at 3:26 AM
i am sorry to annoy you tig.lol.but i just got wings 3d/where can i find plugins for that and tutorials?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#384 Old 2nd May 2007 at 7:51 AM
Same info place I told you before. And neither Blender nor Wings 3d are ideal for doing work on body meshes. You can only move vertices and not too far at that.

Test Subject
#385 Old 2nd May 2007 at 10:43 PM
okay thank you.i am going to just try with blender.its just when i replace the v's i open it in meshtool and it says runtime error.subscript out of range.any ideas on that?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#386 Old 2nd May 2007 at 11:45 PM
Did you go get the blender whatever plugin thing and use it.

Test Subject
#387 Old 3rd May 2007 at 2:33 AM
yes,the simple vert order?yeah.i donno whats wrong!it comes up "Runtime Error '9' Subscript Out Of Range!"

michael
Test Subject
#388 Old 7th May 2007 at 7:48 PM
hi again ,
i think i have now an idea, whats the problem with my mesh ( the wrong "shadow" at the back ). when i open the obj . in milkshape, it doesnt lay down, so i have to rotate it . i think, cause of this ,the light doesnt fall in the right way on the mesh and that causes a shadow at the result .
i have made a new one with the unimesh plugin , without meshtool...and everything works fine *happy*
thank you again very much for your great tutorials
Instructor
#389 Old 8th May 2007 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkSister
hi again ,
when i open the obj . in milkshape, it doesnt lay down, so i have to rotate it .

DarkSister, you dont need to rotate it, when you export the *.obj in SimPE make sure that the Order is set on XYZ.
Banned
#390 Old 8th May 2007 at 10:52 PM
Okay , so it says this.

WARNING: You need managed Direct X.

So where could i find the lin to installe that?
Thanks in advance.

-shniveshnive

PS. This tutorial is terrific! I hope im doing well but this may be me because im a little slow but i get confused in which file or whatever to open ex. you file, downloads,projects,savedsims.
But anyway Thank you sooo soo much Tiggerypum
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#391 Old 9th May 2007 at 4:06 AM
You know - the beginning of the tutorial says about SimPE GET ALL THE STUFF YOU NEED. I cannot find another way to say that. Go back to the SimPE site and GET ALL THE STUFF YOU NEED.

Instructor
#392 Old 9th May 2007 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shniveshnive
Okay , so it says this.
So where could i find the lin to installe that?

You need to get it from SimPE's site it says, needed programs to run SimPE go check it
Test Subject
#393 Old 11th May 2007 at 8:29 PM
Sorry, 1 question: When a person makes a tutorial do they upload it like they would some clothes, for example?
(sorry, I am absolute junk at making stuff, so I thought I could try my hand at tutorials)

Wake up and smell the phycosis
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#394 Old 11th May 2007 at 10:11 PM
moppyXD, in order to create a good tutorial, you need to know how to create good content. If you're gonna teach someone how to make something, you want to teach them not only to make -something- but something -good-. And you can't teach someone how to make something good until you know how to do that yourself.

Go through the tutorials we already have on the site and keep working on your skills. Use our Creator Feedback Forum and post pics of your work so you can get pointers and tips on how to improve. When you're comfortable at making your own content and have some uploads that are well-received, then consider doing some tutorials.

Tutorials are done as new threads in the relevant forum - a tutorial on recolouring clothes would be posted as a new thread in Body Shop Skinning (the same place you'd ask questions about recolouring clothes) with the word Tutorial in the subject. Then a moderator will take a look and see if it's a useful tutorial that will be helpful. If so, they'll move it into the tutorials area.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#395 Old 24th May 2007 at 2:57 PM
A little late
i know that it is a little late to post a prolem but whenever i have got everything i need installed on my computer it runs extremely slow it takes up to half an hour for the sims2 to load this is why i cannot make any clothes but i have three computers in one room and i can share files so i was thinking if i installed SimPE and all its compnents on one computer and made my meshes and everything could i import it into the game ?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#396 Old 24th May 2007 at 6:40 PM
sims2galply4, if you have more technical questions please post them in a thread by themselves, not in a tutorial thread, your question isn't about this tutorial.

That said, sims 2 must be installed on the computer you are running SimPE on or you can't extract anything. Same for bodyshop. If you have a lot of custom content in your game, move it to your desktop (except for what you need to do your project) and things will load faster. Otherwise, look to upgrading the computer - it might need more RAM, for instance. But please look for info about that in the GAME HELP area.

Test Subject
#397 Old 15th Jun 2007 at 10:31 PM Last edited by stoneydork : 16th Jun 2007 at 12:01 AM.
Hello,
I am having the most silliest problem and feel absolutely stupid for having to ask what my problem is. I am at step 7 I searched afbodydresslongloose like it says, and I hit start. Then the green load bar went to like 70% stopped a while, then finished. The I waited as long as about 40 minutes (since you said it should run its thing twice and would take a while) but still, under Results, it doesnt ever finish. It stops and doesnt let me scroll through the whole list. The scroll bar doesnt even have a bottom arrow on it to use manually. So I either have to drag the bar down or I have to use my scroll wheel on my mouse. And still I cant scroll through whole list to get to the sim03.package

I hope this makes sence. Im lost.

EDIT: I found another way to open so NVM I got it though Great Tutorial and thanks! I was all the way to where you save the file after changing the mesh, but.. (my mistake) I accidently installed the NON trial version of Milkshape by accident so I couldnt import it haha, so then I uninstalled and reinstalled Milkshape to trial, and (my mistake again) I accidently EXPORTED the body file which saved it to an empty mesh file lol. What a day . My first time tryin to edit a mesh and I mess up completely. But on the up side.. At least I know It would have worked since I got to the end lol. ill try again later Thanks again!
Test Subject
#398 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 12:53 AM
Default help?
okay i got pretty far in the steps, but i cant figure out where to get the Miche and Delphy’s Sims2MeshTool , and i was wondering if it was really nessesary, or if you could tell me where to get it.
Test Subject
#399 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 5:52 AM
Default Help the Newb!!!
Please will someone help me.. I can't seem to even find body shop... I want so badly to creat my own sim.. I hope that someone can help me. I did read the it installs with the game but I can't find it... I have Sims 2 , no expansions or anything just the sims 2.. Thanks for replying if you do.. I appreciate it.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#400 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 5:34 AM
merryadocbrandybuck - uhm, you click on that link in the beginning of the tutorial where it says "WHAT YOU NEED" and next to meshtool there is a link. When you get there you scroll to the end of that first message for the attachment (kinda like how it is on the downloads pages) and you click that and install it.

thess21532 - bodyshop does get installed when you install your game. Look around in your Program Files/EA Games/The Sims 2/ folders. Or search your hard drive.

Page 16 of 21