Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 4:35 PM
Default Yes Yes Yes! New Pokemon Games Confirmed!!!!
Okay so I LOVE Pokemon, I've been playing it since Red and Blue were first released, and I've played every Pokemon game since, including Platinum, and I am pleased to announce that Nintendo and Gamefreak have confirmed that the remakes of Gold and Silver are not just mere rumors but are actually coming soon! Check it out:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/980/980931p1.html

OMG OMG I SOOOO CAN'T WAIT!!!! What about you?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 4:46 PM
Umm... that was made official in may or something I can't wait, too, though! :D

ingeborgsk
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 7:50 PM
I'm getting Soul Silver. And my starter's gonna be Cyndaquil.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:51 AM
I am so also getting soul silver as silver was my favorite in the gold and silver saga...I'm probably gonna get totodile as my starter as water pokemon are my favs! :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:09 PM
im so excited about this, i found out bout this when i picked up platinum and was loikin up the diffrences. I cans believe that you first sim will follow u around lik in yellow!! Wohooooo!!

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 1:32 AM
I'm getting Gold. And starting with Chikorita.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 2:34 AM
Im gonna try get both one for me one for my bf ill prop get gold. Which one had a poliwag you could get at the start??
*rushes to go find gameboy colour*

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 3:09 AM
Neither... Where are you from?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 1:45 PM
the uk, why does that matter?? Maybe it was crystal, that had it at the start.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 5:25 PM
No, I had Crystal. Poliwag wasn't a starter.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:05 PM
Oh sorry i wasn't meaning as a starter pokemon. You could catch a poliwag in the grass at night near the start, and i can't remember what one it is.
My gold version has broke i cant save any data so annoying.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 7:44 PM
ohh.... Now I get it.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 9:51 PM
i shld have explained betta haha.
When is the remakes out, i remeber reading it but i cant remember. Hopefully its out soon, not too soon cause im not even half way through platinum.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 9:55 PM
Meh, I'm stuck on the 7th Leader. =p
I started with Turtwig, which is now a level 50 Torterra, and Dies almost instantly from Ice attacks. So, I'm raising a Monferno I got over Wi-Fi and have a Flareon and a Magmar in the daycare. =p
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 10:26 PM
I can't even get pokemon over wifi, i recently changed internet providers from bt to sky and its not compatable with my ds. Its so frustrating for diamond i had all pokemon and i was used to going to the room in the game and gettin excited to see if i had a new pokemin. Its sad that i will never feel that again.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:37 PM Last edited by fling-89 : 23rd Jul 2009 at 7:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by angel4rab
i shld have explained betta haha.
When is the remakes out, i remeber reading it but i cant remember. Hopefully its out soon, not too soon cause im not even half way through platinum.

The remakes come out in Japan on Sep. 12 2009, which unfortunately means that they won't be out here in the US until 2010 sometime , I'm guessing early in the year. LOL, I beat Platinum 4 days after it came out...No cheats either!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 8:38 PM
cool, i went to grab it yesterday, and loaded up my save and and i was like 'this aint my Pokemon' long story short my nephew had gotten a hold of it and started fresh. He figured out how to delete the save file. Hes really a lot smarter than i give him credit for. so that's me started again.
It will probably be 7 months after the japan release. Can't wait and you can have any Pokemon follow you not just the starter.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by angel4rab
Can't wait and you can have any Pokemon follow you not just the starter.

I know I soooo can't wait!
Also, you remember how in Yellow when Pikachu was sent out to batle that he would say "Pika" instead of using a pokemon cry??? Well I guess all of the pokemon will be able to do that in Heart Gold and Soul Silver!
It's gonna be AWESOME!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 11:48 PM
You mean it ties in with the Anime more? YES!
Inventor
#20 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 12:19 PM
i'm gonna try and collect all the pokemon hand held games, right from the beginning, i only have emerald and diamond :/
i love collecting games ^^
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by supersimoholic
i'm gonna try and collect all the pokemon hand held games, right from the beginning, i only have emerald and diamond :/
i love collecting games ^^

LOL, well I can at least help you get a list going, (if you already don't know which I'm sure you do but anyways) you're gonna need the following games *excluding Emerald and Diamond*:

- Pokemon Blue Version
- Pokemon Red Version
- Pokemon Yellow Version
- Pokemon Silver Version
- Pokemon Gold Version
- Pokemon Crystal Version
- Pokemon Ruby Version
- Pokemon Sapphire Version
- Pokemon Leaf Green Version
- Pokemon Fire Red Version
- Pokemon Pearl Version
- Pokemon Platinum Version

As I'm also sure you already know (but just for anyone who sees this and doesn't know) Emerald came after Sapphire and before Leaf Green and Diamond came out after Fire Red and before Platinum...I just love flaunting my Pokemon knowledge ^^

Yeah I've played EVERY Pokemon game since the Red and Blue versions originally came out here in the U.S. back in like '98, and I have no plans on stopping now! Oh but I don't play those Pokemon Ranger and Mystery Dungeon type games because I think they're lame and that's not how Pokemon was meant to be played! If you wanted to collect every Pokemon game EVER made it would have to include those type games and that GameBoy game Pokemon made called "Pokemon Trading Card Game". That's why eBay is my friend