Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
#2551 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 1:26 PM
I have been playing the same family for a while actually. The Sinnis family. They are a couple with a YA daughter. They are educated lawyers and the daughter is doind a similar degree. I'm doing so many things though she had F last term.

I'm building so many houses during this holiday and has started using my own Wentworth walls again. I must say those walls are beautiful if I may be so frank
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2552 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 1:36 PM
They do look pretty! (I went googling). Vintage is a good look, and useful.
Mad Poster
#2553 Old 21st Dec 2021 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
I realize it's probably not the best idea to let the kids experiment with the spirit realm, but little Nova here seriously has a knack for it.

Totally LOVE this. Amazing photo!
Scholar
#2554 Old 1st Jan 2022 at 10:35 PM
So recently I have been playing with the "pre-made" sims in my desktop install. Mr Gavin Richards is, as you might know, one of the "standard" sims from the game and as he was single I let him having a little "affair" with a sim that my game created. Her name is Ann Dahl and as an adult she is slightly older then Gavin who is still a young adult in this install. Everything went well and eventually I let Ann get a divorce from her husband Martin. Not because he was a bad sim, because he was very boring... There was a little drama but only briefly, everyone are friends now and can have a nice relationship to each other. Ann and Gavin now live in Newcrest and in the same world lives her ex-husband with his new family.

Ann having a friendly dinner with her fiance and her ex-husband (the dark haired man on the left). The woman with the multi colored hair is just a friend of the family.

Gavin talking to young Ingrid, the daughter of Martin and Ann. The teenager do have a good relationship with her mother and her mothers new partner.

Back in the days of playing the TS2 I did have a few sims who had children in game but I remember it as being very hard to play. In the TS3 I did not try it but now I really wanted to see what babies are like. I have been playing parents with a toddler before but not babies. So after Gavin and Ann was back from the date they had on Loveday I did make them "try for baby". And yes, it was successful. Ann became pregnant. This was an other thing I was curious about. Back in TS2 a pregnant sim always did get assigned some extremely boring clothes and I did remember what the pregnancy was like. And I must say that things did look easier here. The mother-to-be moved around faster and so. And she did not grow that big.

Ann three days pregnant. It's summer...

As told, I did not think she grow that big. Not considering what was about to come. the game did not tell me how many kids were would be so when I had two dialogs asking me to fill in a name I thought it was a glinsh... but it was not. Ann gave birth to twins! Two girls that I named Felicia and Fredrica. I did make a temporary solution for the new family members but when the babies turn into toddlers I would rebuild the house to get a better floor plan. And I will use a part of the patio for building. It's to big anyway and my sims don't use it...

Ann feeding one of the twins. Yes, it's a very small nursery but that's just because I did use one of the bathrooms.
Instructor
#2555 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 5:06 PM Last edited by Dixieland : 7th Jan 2022 at 5:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Totally LOVE this. Amazing photo!

Thank you.

I decided to challenge myself and make another household. Actually, it's a household I've been playing since my Sims 1 days. I recreate them in every Sims iteration. :lovestruc

We have here eight women tending to a farm (well, the two that are interested in farming, that is), living in a very haunted house, all while attending university. It's been a complete nightmare to play through--and I love it.

So far the most notable events included:

Having a fantastic entry for the egg competition, only for the judge to repeat the same animation over and over again until the fair closed down without declaring a winner. Our amazing egg disappeared right along with the fair and was never seen again.

Learning that creating molded candles takes forever to do and it does not allow you to multi task--at all. Your sim will just stand there looking bored for an hour or more. They could at least allow them to make other candles with the portion of the table that's not in use, but noooo. And what's the deal with having a bunch of wraith wax, but not being able to craft a candle at the station with it?

Ghosts are real jerks when sims are trying to celebrate. First they cut the power during All Hallows' Eve--luckily a there was a guitar on hand to keep the music going--then later on Winterfest they cut the power just as everyone was caroling.

The hiking feature from Snowy Escape is actually really fun--especially in the snow-covered sections. I zoomed out of the map to try to figure out just where my sims were and ended up completely lost.
Screenshots

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Test Subject
#2556 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 8:35 PM
It was fun to read the updates. I'm currently working on an offsite Simlit. My four main Sims have yet to fall in love, and there's gonna be drama in the storyline.
Field Researcher
#2557 Old 23rd Apr 2022 at 11:11 PM
I encountered a few new things today. A server can apparently drop the food plate when they're trying to serve a Sim. A Sim will also sing along if they hear music that they like.
Test Subject
#2558 Old 18th May 2022 at 10:54 PM
My household is my simself and my bfs simself, we are now elders retired and enjoying our grandkids company, the eldest child just had his second child with his high school sweetheart who after years of on again off again, being engaged or married to different people finally tied the knot.

One of our twin daughters also just got married to her childhood friend, not before finding out he was a teen deadbeat dad so I definitely have my eye on him (the neighbourhood stories seems to have an obsession with giving freshly aged up teens babies)

While the other twin has no interest in love and is completely focused on her youtube/livestreaming career, she ghosted the boy she had a bit of a thing with after he hit her up looking for some sweet sweet clout.

The eldest grandchild is kinda just there, he goes to school and back spends a lot of time with his aunt and uncle no real ideas for how I am gonna develop his story, might stir up some drama with his birth mam since she dipped when he was a toddler after his parents split and never even tried visit the house.
Test Subject
#2559 Old 21st Jul 2022 at 11:40 PM
I am currently discovering werewolves! ^^
I play a family with two werewolves and I try to make them follow very different werewolf paths. It's been going pretty well so far!
Field Researcher
#2560 Old 25th Aug 2022 at 11:50 AM Last edited by Craft90 : 25th Aug 2022 at 8:40 PM.
Been dipping my toes into the Werewolf pack... I have never seen a Sim lean against a wall before! I didn't know they could.

Edit. Hold on... is "talk to" (dog) something all Sims can do or just a werewolf perk? Because if a werewolf could talk with dogs then that would be really neat!

Edit. I just realized that vampires has three ambitions (Knowledge, family and good vampire) while werewolves have just one ambition. It also only got one step. They don't seem to have spent much time on the werewolf gamepack... :/
Screenshots
Test Subject
#2561 Old 29th Nov 2022 at 9:44 PM
Playing with pets in TS4 for the first time (with the playable pets mod of course). They're actually a lot easier to manage in TS4 than TS3 imo.
Test Subject
#2562 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 4:33 PM
Currently setting up a save overhaul. I have the Valtores, BFFs, Goths, Sages, Crumplebottoms I've also added Mortimer's parents, and Bella's parents and brothers. I think I'm forgetting a few other households.
#2563 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 8:54 AM
Currently shooting Sean Diaz (ok that pun was in bad taste) for some upload screenies.
Screenshots
Instructor
#2564 Old 21st Feb 2023 at 3:39 AM
So I'm going through the contents of my screenshots folder in order to save space, and thought that the original state of Evergreen Harbor should be remembered forever.

For context, Evergreen Harbor would not render correctly unless you took actual Sims to visit the lots first. The pack released in June of 2020, and the issue was--supposedly--finally fixed in February of 2022. The amount of time it took them to fix it should be able to speak for itself, so here's some screenshots to remember the state it was in for nearly TWO BLOODY YEARS.

Field Researcher
#2565 Old 21st Feb 2023 at 5:51 PM
It still isn't quite fixed. It isn't as bad now (In my game it was never as bad as in some of your pics) but you still need to take a sim to each of the 3 neighborhoods.
Instructor
#2566 Old 21st Feb 2023 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SleepycatDSL
It still isn't quite fixed. It isn't as bad now (In my game it was never as bad as in some of your pics) but you still need to take a sim to each of the 3 neighborhoods.

It's still not fixed!? Here I was thinking that when I finally updated my game again, I would at last be able to utilize Evergreen Harbor. I hope whoever did the testing of that world is ashamed.

Top Secret Researcher
#2567 Old 22nd Feb 2023 at 6:22 AM
Nothing, as Origin insists I need to download the game again, and then won't let me download it.
Field Researcher
#2568 Old 22nd Feb 2023 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Nothing, as Origin insists I need to download the game again, and then won't let me download it.

Had the same issue... I switched to the new EA App. Now it works. With Origin being taken offline that's probably why.

As for my current things? Playing as a werewolf is getting less and less fun with these annoying temperaments. I feel like I've gotten the worst of the bunch. I got the lone wolf one, the wolf brain one, the night wolf one and now the meat eater one... Basically, my Sim can no longer hold a job (as all jobs are during the day time), he keeps getting angry for not always hanging around other wolves, he can't read any books to increase skills and now he can only eat raw meat... I'm so annoyed. I can't wait until I get to re-roll the temperaments for something not terrible.
Top Secret Researcher
#2569 Old 26th Feb 2023 at 12:59 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed that that is the issue here, too.

What's happening in my game if I can get back to it is that I've nearly hit the Roman period and I'm excited by what I get to give my poor suffering sims now (swimming pools! more (CC and otherwise) fruits and vegetables! yoga mats!), as well as by the new decor options.
Field Researcher
#2570 Old 3rd Mar 2023 at 9:54 PM Last edited by Craft90 : 15th Mar 2023 at 8:47 PM.
Apparently Hammy the Hamster throws atomic bombs around... what the f? This is the first time I'm touching My First Pet since getting it and that caught me off-guard.

The Sims feels pretty dang dumb sometimes. I had one guy autonomously destroying his relationship with someone he had a romantic interest in. The guy has no "evil" traits. Yet he kept pushing actions to insult the other. Then he get upset that the relation was bad. He literally ruined it himself? Then we have sims constantly flirting with each other which leads to bad emotion states and traits. They're sabotaging for themselves at this point.

Meanwhile I'm over here trying to keep their needs up. 7 sims and a pet in a household was a mistake. I don't get to direct them to do anything meaningful. I'm tempted to turn off free will.

I also had a sim roll a whim to become boyfriends with another sim. I checked their relation meters and while it's green, it's on the lower side and with no romantic interest. Why does he want to be boyfriends with someone he barely knows?

Edit. Gremlins... I played the apartment with the gremlin trait. I figured, "It can't be that bad". First night, everything broke. I removed that trait right away.
Theorist
#2571 Old 3rd Apr 2023 at 8:42 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 4th Apr 2023 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Edited to add
Default Ash is realising he is not the favourite child

I told Dad to pick him up out of his crib, and change his clothes. What did NOT tell him to do, is walk him all the way outside a put him down directly in a pile of trash next to the outdoor garbage bin...

ETA: It got worse, the next morning instead of putting him down on the floor of the play room with his brother and sister, grandma walked all the way across the house to set him down directly on a dirty diaper. This kid is gonna have a complex when he grows up.
Instructor
#2572 Old 9th Apr 2023 at 11:11 AM
Oh noting much at all. I decided to put Nina Calente in the Goths House. She is going to be with Alex (tee hee) It is just here and Bella Alex and Nina. One random time her MOM called yea Katrina :-O I was really trying to build a relationship with Bella *B U S T E D* :-P I did not answer her.
I felt bad but I can not invite her over because the 6 households is maxed out
Dina Katrina Don (baby)
Then I can not have Cassandra Darren (kid)
:-O There is a problem here and Alex are Katrina both spellcasters :-O

NOTICE
If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Theorist
#2573 Old 15th Apr 2023 at 12:32 AM
Default Hold Up
Did... Did the Romance Guru just tell my Sim to go kill herself?;;;
Field Researcher
#2574 Old 15th Apr 2023 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Did... Did the Romance Guru just tell my Sim to go kill herself?;;;

Does the guru ever say anything besides "your romantic destiny is bleak"? I've yet to get any other response from him/her.
Theorist
#2575 Old 15th Apr 2023 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
Does the guru ever say anything besides "your romantic destiny is bleak"? I've yet to get any other response from him/her.

They definitely say more than that, this is the first time I've gotten this pair of responses. I think it hlpes if you have an active romance or are already in a relationship.
Page 103 of 104