Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 2:05 PM
Hey, uhh, I have a question. It sounds like a stupid question, but I rolled Second Chance for Marital Status and was wondering if the second partner had to take the secondary career? Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 8:52 PM
Is the helper allowed to have children?
Test Subject
#128 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by my_chemical_simsness
Hey, uhh, I have a question. It sounds like a stupid question, but I rolled Second Chance for Marital Status and was wondering if the second partner had to take the secondary career? Thanks

I don't think it's explicitly stated, but if it were me, I'd roll a new career for the new partner.

Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Is the helper allowed to have children?

From rule 10: Your helper can have children (and they will even count towards the number required for the household), but none of their children can become the heir.
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 7:04 PM
Update on my legacy: Story is now a young adult, and as Journey is not allowed to stay in the household I moved her out to live with her husband (I married them once Story had aged to young adult, meaning no rules were broken, and they moved out straight away). I managed to complete all the rolls for generation 1, and now gen 2's rolls are in full swing. Story is progressing nicely with her writing, and has currently published six books. Her fiance, Scorpius Michaels, is at level two in the culinary career, and level 3 of the mixology skill. Story needs 3 kids for her gen, so I had her get pregnant, and she gave birth to triplets! No more babies this gen! In birth order the triplets are: Orion Michaels, Caelum Michaels, and Cassiopeia Michaels. I rolled for heir, and Caelum will be the heir, and I have now rolled for his rules.

Generation 3: Caelum Michaels
Single
2 children
Entertainer (comedian)
Fulfilled
Half-siblings

Not a bad roll I don't think. Looking forward to seeing what the triplets look like as they age up!
Instructor
#130 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 1:30 AM
Looks Awesome I will start playing soon :D

one question though, Is there any way to get rid of unwanted fish/gems without selling them?

because I got the Collector Generational goal and I was thinking to go with fish ^^

All and all, no good.
Inventor
#131 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
I have a rules question.

Am I allowed to build on/modify community lots? I'm asking because some challenges disallow this and placing a microphone on one or both of the park lots would greatly help my double-Freelance Comedian roll.

Thanks!

Sorry to bother you again with this question, but I'd really like to get back to playing my TS4 RLC, which has been on hold while I wait for an answer. One would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
#132 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
Sorry to bother you again with this question, but I'd really like to get back to playing my TS4 RLC, which has been on hold while I wait for an answer. One would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

There's nothing in the rules that says you can't. It is really a judgment call. Does it thwart the point of the challenge? I try not to do this sort of things, but I've put some toys in the children's room in the library to help some of my children with Creative goals.
Test Subject
#133 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 5:14 PM
I love the challenge. I did it in the sims 3 and I am begin in the sims 4. It is a lot of fun. I am posting my pictures in my http://manadarinarock.tumblr.com/tagged/McMahom-legacy
This is my Gen 1
.GEN 1
A.marital status: single
B.Children: 2
C.Job: Unconventional Career: Freelance

Painter
E) Generation Goals: Fulfilled
F) Miscellaneous Fun- My Precious
A) I finds it, it's mine

This is my heir: Maia McMahom (the name is random too and i use a http://www.behindthename.com/random/ )

Thanks for the challenge! I love it!
Test Subject
#134 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 9:46 PM
Don't know if anyone else found this, but: http://randomlegacy.com/
It's made for Sims 4 and it rolls everything for you! I just found it by googling the challenge looking for blogs I'm so happy.
Test Subject
#135 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 2:53 AM
Nooooooooo My heir died. He was yound adult for 3 days and when he goes to ask for married, the girlfriend said "No" and he died (to much shame poor guy). Now? The twin is married and live in another house. My heir was always the first child. Now? I think my legacy is a big fail (((( I read the rules but said nothing about it. What do you do? (sorry my english, my spanish is better) Thankss Vyo. (so sad)
Test Subject
#136 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 7:56 PM
Thanks!
Quote: Originally posted by fluffy_fan22
It's made for Sims 4 and it rolls everything for you! I just found it by googling the challenge looking for blogs I'm so happy.

Thanks for this! That was fast!
Test Subject
#137 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluffy_fan22

Put together by one of our forum members - @goodhanded
Test Subject
#138 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 7:57 PM
I'm sure someone has already asked about this, but I couldn't find it through the comments.

I rolled (for my 3rd generation) that he will be single with help and must have three children. Since he cannot have a romantic, live-in partner, then how can be have 3 children? I read the rules and single rules talked about moving in a Sim through the pregnancy... Soooo I am just going to move in 3 different female sims, love them up (lol), then kick them to the streets!

Am I following the rules right? If not, please let me know! Even though it may be a little too late.... haha

Also, secondary careers, does that apply only to spouses or helpers too? What if you have more than one helper; do you roll secondary for the amount of helpers you have?
Test Subject
#139 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 11:22 PM Last edited by Scojen : 18th Jan 2015 at 11:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LadyLestat
I'm sure someone has already asked about this, but I couldn't find it through the comments.

I rolled (for my 3rd generation) that he will be single with help and must have three children. Since he cannot have a romantic, live-in partner, then how can be have 3 children? I read the rules and single rules talked about moving in a Sim through the pregnancy... Soooo I am just going to move in 3 different female sims, love them up (lol), then kick them to the streets!

Am I following the rules right? If not, please let me know! Even though it may be a little too late.... haha

Also, secondary careers, does that apply only to spouses or helpers too? What if you have more than one helper; do you roll secondary for the amount of helpers you have?

You can move someone in till she has the baby then you have to move her out.
Secondary careers is for helpers also.
Test Subject
#140 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scojen
You can move someone in till she has the baby then you have to move her out.
Secondary careers is for helpers also.

Thanks!! :D
Mad Poster
#141 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 5:40 PM

My family so far. Taking the kids on vacation before their birthday. And as soon as they got home...

The twins, Trevor and Heather, grew up. Heather's the oldest so she's gonna be the heir.

My roles for Heather:

Marital Status - Couple
Number of Children - 5
Primary Career - Conventional - Culinary (Chef)
Generation Goal - Change of Scenery
Misc - Perfect Attendance
Test Subject
#142 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 10:23 PM
Default I'm in!
I've just started my RLC! I'm so excited I decided to start a blog to follow my sims story... It's here is you want to check it out: http://murphylegacy.blogspot.com.au/

This is my founding sim, Akala Murphy.

Wish me luck!
Test Subject
#143 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 6:28 AM Last edited by ysolla : 28th Jan 2015 at 7:31 AM.
Here is my second generation sim...

Check out the story http://murphylegacy.blogspot.com.au/
Test Subject
#144 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 1:15 PM
I have a question. I have already played this generation for a while and saved all the paintings, but yeah. My sim has a painting aspiration. Don't remember the name completely. He wants to sell paintings and so on to get further, send them to galleries etc. Is he allowed to do that? Because of his aspiration? I didn't really understand that part. Now he has A LOT of paintings in his inventory and there will be more, since he also works as a painter.

Another one: My generation goal is to have a full collection of anything. Does the main sim for the generation have to collect all these things by himself or can children/other spouses help? I thought that they can, because it's a generation goal and not only a goal for the specifik sim, or am I wrong?

Getting mad over these questions so please help me! Haha
Test Subject
#145 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 3:14 PM
And another one... haha.

The generation goals. I'm gonna roll for my second heir soon. He's a child, soon to be a teenager. Can I start working on his generations goal while the first one's not finished? I thought that I read that the generation goals can start as soon as you have rolled for your next heir. But I didn't understand if the first goal has to be finished first? Maybe I have to wait for the next generations goal until the heir's a YA?
Test Subject
#146 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Skogsraah
I have a question. I have already played this generation for a while and saved all the paintings, but yeah. My sim has a painting aspiration. Don't remember the name completely. He wants to sell paintings and so on to get further, send them to galleries etc. Is he allowed to do that? Because of his aspiration? I didn't really understand that part. Now he has A LOT of paintings in his inventory and there will be more, since he also works as a painter.

Another one: My generation goal is to have a full collection of anything. Does the main sim for the generation have to collect all these things by himself or can children/other spouses help? I thought that they can, because it's a generation goal and not only a goal for the specific sim, or am I wrong?

According to the descriptions of the career rolls, a painter career person may sell their "crafted" paintings.

The heir (main sim), spouse, children and helpers can help with the collecting.

Quote: Originally posted by Skogsraah
The generation goals. I'm gonna roll for my second heir soon. He's a child, soon to be a teenager. Can I start working on his generations goal while the first one's not finished? I thought that I read that the generation goals can start as soon as you have rolled for your next heir. But I didn't understand if the first goal has to be finished first? Maybe I have to wait for the next generations goal until the heir's a YA?

I'm pretty sure you can start working on the goals for the second generation as soon as applicable. For instance, in my legacy, Generation 1 has the Deadbeat Parents goal, but Generation 2 has the Fulfilled Goal. Generation 1 also has 5 children from different parents (so, except for the first child, she has to find a new partner to cheat with, deal with the fall out, etc.), so that is taking quite a bit of time. By the time the youngest child has aged up and Deadbeat Parent has been completed, it could well be too late to complete Fulfilled if the Generation 2 heir is the oldest child.

Does that make sense?
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 3:19 PM Last edited by Finaleia : 30th Jan 2015 at 11:43 PM.
Quick question. Rolled Freelance Comedian for my founder. Picked Joke Star as her aspiration. It won't let me go any further unless I join the entertainer career at the second tier. (The full requirements are: Become an Adult, Own a Microphone and Join the Entertainer career.) Would it be okay for me to join the career just so I can advance? Or should I pick another aspiration? It looks like a recent patch changed the requirements for this one.

EDIT: On second thought, I think I will change it since I also rolled the "Friendship is Forever" generation goal. Hopefully that's okay. Upon further research, it seems that you can't complete the aspiration without at least reaching the branching point of the Entertainer career. I'm only like 2 days in now so I'll just restart.
Test Subject
#148 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 1:07 AM
Hello Everybody! (or anybody who reads this rather, lol) I was really wanting to make a blog/story of my new Random Legacy Challenge, I made a Let's Play video on youtube but quickly found out that I have NO IDEA how to make that work right lol (seriously, the 30 min video was like 24GB - I have no clue what I was doing)! So I thought making a blog would be simpler/easier, although I know it probably wont get as many views.
My question is, what is the best blogging site to make this on? Or should I upload it to a free web-comic hosting site and make it in the image of a comic?
Let me know what you think!!
Test Subject
#149 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 4:40 PM
Default new careers
need to add new careers

17: Athlete (Body Builder)

18: Athlete (Prosports)

19: Business (Management)

20: Business (Investor)

Test Subject
#150 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 6:17 PM
Quick question...new to doing challenges. My first gen heir has completed their aspiration, and the second gen heir just came of age....What do I do with the first gen heir now? do I move them out of the house?
Page 6 of 26