Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 8:10 AM
Chapter 3.5
You can either get to level 8 or just try the career until you get bored. you can hop back and forth between the careers.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ceinwynie
You know, I have doubts about that too, but if I use only Astrounat, it's easy for a sim to just get a job, go to work and then go to another job and you can fullfill the career hopper like in five days... I think if you have to reach level 8 makes more sense because you will have to work hard to have all five careers... the easiest way is to make your sim gain skills in all the careers you rolled so he can gain levels easier.

Yeah I rolled five careers with very little skill overlap (Dude would have to reach at least level 5 in 6 different skills to make it work, and level 8 in two skills) and they all branch at level 5 or 6. So to pull it off with branching I'd have to basically make a super sim, and get all the career aspiration rewards and just spend his whole life skiling, which is for sure a challenge but might be too intense for me, especially since he's gotta raise 3 kids alone. Good to know there's no hard and firm decided rule.
Test Subject
#28 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 10:41 PM
Yes, the rules are not firm so you can maybe complete at least 3 of the 5 careers... also you have until your heir is an elder to complete the rule.
Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ceinwynie
Yes, the rules are not firm so you can maybe complete at least 3 of the 5 careers... also you have until your heir is an elder to complete the rule.

Actually, the rules are pretty clear:

Quote:
You may jump between these careers as you wish, so long as you have spent a day at work in at least three by the time your sim becomes a full adult, and all five by the time your sim becomes an elder.

My sense of this is that this is largely meant to be hamper someone from focusing on a career, but if there is one among the five that you like, you can do a single shift in the other four and then get going. I seem to get this one a lot, and I typically play it so that my person stays in each career for a week and then settles on the last one. If you get to rolls with the same career but different branches, then I would think you just need to spend two days in the career.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 9:47 AM
I'm curious to know how you guys think Odd Jobs should be implemented into this challenge? I've had a few ideas floating around in my head.

Odd Jobs could be added to the Unconventional Careers list.

Or maybe any sim could take on an odd job, but only 1 per week or 1 every two weeks.

Anyone have any other ideas?
Test Subject
#31 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by geohawk
Actually, the rules are pretty clear:

My sense of this is that this is largely meant to be hamper someone from focusing on a career, but if there is one among the five that you like, you can do a single shift in the other four and then get going. I seem to get this one a lot, and I typically play it so that my person stays in each career for a week and then settles on the last one. If you get to rolls with the same career but different branches, then I would think you just need to spend two days in the career.

Ah, I just wasn't sure if when they say "career" they meant the Criminal career, or specifically the X branch of the criminal career. Because if I have to spend at least 1 day in the X branch of the criminal career, and the y branch of the Gardener career, and the Z branch of the astronaut career, etc. then I have to get to the branching level (which is usualy 4 or five) of each career I rolled and then spend a day in that branching career. But if career just means the entire career, and not the specific branch within it, than there's no issue.
Scholar
Original Poster
#32 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 8:24 AM
@spuzmanzi13, I will add it to the unconvention careers, thanks for the idea
I have another update, Chapter Chapter 3.6
Test Subject
#33 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 8:55 PM
Nice idea adding odd jobs, I will update the site tomorrow or later today with this change!
Scholar
Original Poster
#34 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 8:18 AM
Any ideas for the realm of magic pack
Chapter 3.7
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skyegal19
Any ideas for the realm of magic pack
Chapter 3.7

In my personal notes for the challenge, I've added Potion Brewer to the unconventional careers list. Haven't thought much about Generational Goals or Miscellaneous Fun though.
Test Subject
#36 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spazmunki13
In my personal notes for the challenge, I've added Potion Brewer to the unconventional careers list. Haven't thought much about Generational Goals or Miscellaneous Fun though.

Agreed! Obviously you can’t buy reward potions and sell them, but should we let potion brewers sell potions they make with the junior scientist set as kids? Can painter sims sell child drawings?
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 8:32 AM
Hi, thank you for updating this challenge, I enjoy having a new set of rules to give me something to aim for in my legacies. I realise tigger89 probably made this roller originally but if there is someone who is technologically minded, I'm wondering if there is a way it can be updated http://simsroller.com/ as I notice there is quite a bit missing from it? maybe it would help as sometimes rolling the virtual dice is so time consuming. Anyway, thank you again for updating the rules etc to include all the new packs, it's much appreciated

Dooglebear
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 9:17 AM
Oh I should open my eyes ceinwynie !! I just saw your post and I love your program!!! Thank you so much, that is exactly what I wanted. Thanks for your efforts, I would never be able to create something like that and rely on all you wonderful techy talented people.

Good Work!!!!

Dooglebear
Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 10:23 AM
What would a potion brewer do
I have another update, Chapter 4.1
Test Subject
#40 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skyegal19
What would a potion brewer do
I have another update, Chapter 4.1

It would be an unconventional career, like Gardner. They would brew and sell potions for income.
Test Subject
#41 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 4:37 PM
Can the potions get sold on the street using that table for selling stuff from City Living?
Test Subject
#42 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CartoonJessie
Can the potions get sold on the street using that table for selling stuff from City Living?

Oh man, I think potions can't be sold at all? That doesn't make sense. If you can't make money from potions, than it can't be a career.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 13th Oct 2019 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lovelyhera
Oh man, I think potions can't be sold at all? That doesn't make sense. If you can't make money from potions, than it can't be a career.

I believe you're right, I play with srslysims Minor Alchemy Overhaul which makes the potions actually worth something, along with making the recipes more complex. 1 Apple = Full Needs is ridiculous.
Test Subject
#44 Old 15th Oct 2019 at 6:28 AM
Yes, I was going to add potion brewer as a Realm of Magic's job but they sell for nothing so you can't earn money selling them =(
Scholar
Original Poster
#45 Old 19th Oct 2019 at 9:02 AM
I have another update,Chapter 4.2
Test Subject
#46 Old 20th Oct 2019 at 3:12 PM Last edited by ferckast : 21st Oct 2019 at 1:05 PM.
I just finished my first generation with two children (which I really got lucky with the roll for kids.) This is my family tree so far, minus the dog: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/publ...9740c00070aba8f

Somehow, Katelyn ended up the more well-mannered despite her evilness. Maybe, it was all the times Adeline had to straighten her out that got her to be some well-mannered to the point of setting the table for her own birthday autonomously? Meanwhile, her brother Zach is a creative bean who managed to become a bestselling author. I'm considering to make Katelyn the heir since that'd be a interesting path to see what happens next for her. But, Zach has things going for him that could help support the family besides the money tree that Adeline got with her aspiration points.

I guess I'm looking for a second opinion before I make Katelyn the heir.

Edit: Never mind; I made her the heir, and her rolls were too perfect: Couple, 5 kids, criminal (oracle), professional host, themed display, and partier.
Scholar
Original Poster
#47 Old 26th Oct 2019 at 10:05 AM
Scholar
Original Poster
#48 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 8:47 AM
Test Subject
#49 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 2:35 PM
Skyegal I was wondering if you could update the rules as well as the rolls? The link you have for the Rules goes back to Tigger's rules which are horribly outdated at this point. Mostly looking for the Aspiration list to be updated here but I really liked the tweaks Stormydayz made to the basic rules as well. I have a copy saved on my PC from July 2018 (hadn't played in a while and when I went to update to current it directed me here). If you need that copy to go off of I'd be happy to provide it.

Thanks!
Scholar
Original Poster
#50 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 8:01 PM
@Crowe40217, That would be helpful thanks
I also updated the rolls for Realm of Magic
Page 2 of 13