Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#401 Old 25th Apr 2023 at 4:14 AM
Speaking of windows, I’m wondering why they didn’t add triangular/sloped windows instead of 1001 flower pots. We even got a “fake” window with the fan.

Are we a joke to you, Electronic Arts?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Theorist
#402 Old 25th Apr 2023 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Speaking of windows, I’m wondering why they didn’t add triangular/sloped windows instead of 1001 flower pots. We even got a “fake” window with the fan.

Are we a joke to you, Electronic Arts?

Because people will buy anything. I've always thought kits were a bad idea, but Maxis has gotten really stingy even with kit content. Eventually the masses are going to get bored with the endless kits filled with unusable clutter ( maybe?) that they could easily get somewhere else for free. Normally I would inject the whole console player caveat somewhere, but people that play on console seem to not to be able to play. Then they get angry when Maxis / EA doesn't listen to them. There has even been gossip about a lawsuit, but if people actually read TS4's end user agreement, it talks about how if the game has issues, it's not EA's problem. Granted, these 'terms' are written in lawyer speak rather than GC speak, but in the end, it's what all the drivel means.

Part of a much longer article regarding this issue:

Decoding the Video Game End User License Agreement

Quote:
If binding arbitration is not enough to make a consumer hesitate before clicking “agree,” in many games, especially those with online-only content, the user is not actually purchasing the game itself. Rather, they are only purchasing a license to use the game.[18] Better yet, there isn’t even a guarantee that the game will actually work at all times, and the companies typically reserve the right to terminate the license at any time for any reason, without notice to the user.[19] Albion Online states they can terminate the agreement at any time without cause, though they will give 14-days’ notice in text form (though the next line reports that their statutory right to terminate the agreement for a compelling reason with shorter/no notice remains unaffected).[20]

https://sites.law.duq.edu/juris/201...user-agreement/

You're not a joke to EA, more like a ATM machine. <---- I'm not being snarky. This is how EA views people....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#403 Old 25th Apr 2023 at 3:06 PM
I still like kit's as a concept, but I hate the over reliance on decorative objects, or the commonly used items - beds, doors, chairs, etc.

How about something simple, like basic MATCHING PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT. Somehow we don't have an actual set of playground things, yet... it's amazing. The could drop a stuff pack right now with playground equipment. Hell, a game pack about parks and outdoor activities. Would simmers not love Tennis/badminton or Mini Golf? Skateboarding?

Theorist
#404 Old 25th Apr 2023 at 10:38 PM
How about something simple, like basic MATCHING PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT. Somehow we don't have an actual set of playground things

Imagine actually having a slide for children (that's not attached to the treehouse)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#405 Old 25th Apr 2023 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Imagine actually having a slide for children (that's not attached to the treehouse)

I'm going to snap if we get hotels and no pool slides.

Mad Poster
#406 Old 26th Apr 2023 at 12:54 AM
I have only gotten a few kits but IMO the plant one was well worth the price I paid for it. I use those items all the time in my game. So far my only eeeeeeeergh regret purchase for 4 was the designer pack. I did get on sale and the items are OK, but the tasks are boring to me and also my game totally jammed on one job and I had to totally quit the job to get out of it.

I have passed on darn near all kits but like the few I got, which is UM, why I got them.
Theorist
#407 Old 26th Apr 2023 at 10:20 AM
Right before they released these last two kits, I saw a preview of everything that comes in them, and at first I was confused as to why the leak/preview whatever was only showing the first page of items... then it dawned on me...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#408 Old 12th May 2023 at 4:22 AM
They’re doing a voting-thing to choose between two different CAS and build kits.

Goth vs Rainbow Core, and Medieval vs Futurism.

Of course the build kits are of two completely random architectural styles when we don’t have something as basic as Spanish Colonial.

I would literally buy a pack of basic doors and matching arches.

Mad Poster
#409 Old 12th May 2023 at 9:50 AM
Of course the build kits are of two completely random architectural styles when we don’t have something as basic as Spanish Colonial.

I would literally buy a pack of basic doors and matching arches.

Totally agree! And we still do not have color matches for most of the components, and with no CASt things can be a PITA when building.
Forum Resident
#410 Old 12th May 2023 at 7:24 PM
Isn't "Rainbow core" just everything we already have in the game? Seriously, the whole game looks like bunch of rainbows and unicorns puked on it. Therefore I hope Goth wins so people will gets lots of new fodder for making dark themed clothes, I refuse to buy kits myself since I don't want to support them in releasing content this way. For the build kits I voted Future since I figured that it might actually contain something useful while Medieval is like the opposite of any content I'd want for the game. Not that I'm buying either of those either though. Literally the only kit I own is that one they gave out for free and if it hadn't been free I wouldn't have it either.

What I'd truly want is Futuristic Goth mix though, I just want to see what they'd come up with that sort of theme and feel that it could be really fun consider goth is like black and dark and futuristic often translates into bright lights and white everything.
Theorist
#411 Old 12th May 2023 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
Isn't "Rainbow core" just everything we already have in the game?

Right? I was thinking the exact same thing in the sample they showed us on the voting screen "this is looks like CAS already"
Top Secret Researcher
#412 Old 12th May 2023 at 9:45 PM
Goth and Medieval were both winning heavily last time I checked, which was yesterday.
Mad Poster
#413 Old 13th May 2023 at 12:31 AM
I just voted. Goth was easy for me and build a bit harder but picked Medieval for perhaps stained glass and items for churches and other builds?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#414 Old 13th May 2023 at 1:24 AM
“Rave” would have been an easy mix of the two, but that’s too hard.

Add some rave build items… the dance sphere… new dance moves… strobe lights… different types of rave types as parties… it’s a stuff pack… 😐

Top Secret Researcher
#415 Old 15th May 2023 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I just voted. Goth was easy for me and build a bit harder but picked Medieval for perhaps stained glass and items for churches and other builds?

I'm a largely historical gamer, so Medieval was a no-brainer for me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#416 Old 19th May 2023 at 2:58 AM
My issue with medieval building is what kind of furniture will we fill it with? We can fill a futuristic home with the Cosmoflux build items in the base game. I’d much rather International or BauHaus.

I’d also like a gameplay kit around something super simple. Board Games, Pottery, Nectar Making…

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#417 Old 30th May 2023 at 6:02 PM
Two new kits have been announced - Book Nook Kit & Grunge Revival.

I don't care about CAS, so I won't speak on it, but Book Nook gives me missed opportunities for several types of built in, like bookcase bay window seats, bookcases in stairs, bookcase coffee tables, bookcase room dividers...

Theorist
#418 Old 31st May 2023 at 8:43 AM

Is it just me that sees the joke here? Team Maxis must be hanging out on Reddit too much lately.

Don't conform, but yet people can see non-conforming attire every time they open their game. TS4 townies are always ready for a clown show. People would think something was wrong if townies dressed in jeans with a red plaid top and red hat. If the shoes are supposed to be making a point, think bigger, try harder, Maxis.

People don't need to buy this kit. If they need ideas, all the non-conforming cray-cray outfits are readily available to copy.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#419 Old 31st May 2023 at 10:43 AM
The stuff from the grunge kit isn't even grunge. Lmao.
Lab Assistant
#420 Old 31st May 2023 at 3:57 PM
Saw an overview of all the items in the grunge kit, I SWEAR I've already seen these in CaS before...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#421 Old 31st May 2023 at 5:56 PM
This is probably why we see more Build/Buy cats than we do CAS kits. There are only so many ways to make a shirt, pants, and skirts look unique - especially after 10 years. You run into needing odds and ends or recolors of things, not a complete style.

Whereas with furniture and architecture, there are limitless options based on locations, activities, time periods, etc. - A perfect example is garages. We don't have cars, but we can still have garages and a static cars to interact with (repair junker cars, listen to music, woo-hoo in, move down a garage and fade out). With a garage, you can have stuff to fill it with - lawn equipment, deep freezers, storage, work benches, - and a variety of garage doors and driveways.

There's still a variety of places to go and handful of rooms or objects to fill we don't have, or architectural styles and build items.

Theorist
#422 Old 31st May 2023 at 8:16 PM
Yeah, there is only so much that they can do with CAS, but that isn't the problem or at least not from where I'm sitting anyway.

The issue for yours truly is their moronic messaging which is nothing new.

Maxis: Don't conform.

Also Maxis: Buy this pack = conforming to what they think how sims should be dressed.

I guess the moral of their story is that it is okay to conform as long as it is EA's pockets being filled.

This new Maxis is so frickin' predictable and annoying at the same time. They blab their BS from both ends all the time....
Mad Poster
#423 Old 31st May 2023 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Yeah, there is only so much that they can do with CAS, but that isn't the problem or at least not from where I'm sitting anyway.

EA cannot win. If they stay within a box people complain and get upset about that. When they go out of it there are people that get upset. So they have to figure out what the balance is, and yes, it is a corporation that is in business to make money, like all are.

I think those clothes are ridiculous. But there are some people that will buy that kit.
Forum Resident
#424 Old 31st May 2023 at 9:51 PM
But why would you want a medieval kit if it's impossible to use it in those pre-made worlds? xd
Mad Poster
#425 Old 31st May 2023 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
But why would you want a medieval kit if it's impossible to use it in those pre-made worlds? xd

I just re-downloaded a boatload of Sims Medieval stuff into my 3 game, and when went through it all only kept a few items as thought would never use the others.
Page 17 of 18