Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old Yesterday at 12:54 AM
Default SimPe Build DXT Texture Opacity Issues
Hello,

I have been having issues when editing textures in SimPE lately that I believe can be summarized as the transparent part of my texture images appearing in game as an opaque color (usually black/white).

On my current project I am making a default clothing replacement for a basegame outfit using a castaway related clothing item. I have attached a picture which shows the image I imported into my default file with a transparent background. The second photo I have attached is how the outfit appears in game (with opaque color blocks showing over the sims entire body when the body should be bare besides the cloth diaper). The last picture is how the original castaway outfit looks when edited through body shop which I think helps identify the texture image background is where the outfit in game is pulling those opaque colors from - but my problem is I do not understand why this is happening or how I can fix it.

Let me know if you have any suggestions! Thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#2 Old Yesterday at 1:20 AM
What settings are you using when you build the DXT?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old Yesterday at 1:47 AM
The only part in DDS Builder>Settings I change is Sharpen: from Smoothen to None

The other settings are automatically set to Levels: 10, Size 512x512, Format: DXT5Format, Filter: None Selected
Mad Poster
#4 Old Yesterday at 1:53 AM
When you import the texture, make sure it's set to DXT5 in the importer. The default setting is usually DXT3 from ingame.

Can you post a picture of how the DXT screen looks, and the Plugin screen with the texture after you've replaced it?
Is the alpha applied on the outfit in SimPE?

Can you post the actual outfit file?

Did you do any changes in the PropertySet?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old Yesterday at 2:13 AM Last edited by UncleHayseed : Yesterday at 2:32 AM.
Hey here are the pictures and the file. I do not believe I have made any changes with the PropertySet or anything with alpha as I just tried to follow the below tutorial:

https://le-plat-du-jour.livejournal.com/22703.html

Also, to add I didn't include the mesh to the default file as the outfit mesh already exists in my game files from a castaway clothing download on https://simfileshare.net/folder/147016/ under ParaisoCASUpdated.rar>CSOutfitsReCat1
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  pfbodydress_DefaultTest.zip (88.5 KB, 1 downloads)