Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 9:23 PM
I guess that depends on your playstyle. Some of us like TS4 because of its abillity to customize sims and houses, but some of us dislike it. I will be as objective as I can, but I will still share a bit of my own opinion.

TS4 really does need a lot of DLC to make it more interesting. That is a problem with all of the games in TS series, but it is especially a problem with TS4. Things like laundry and dust cleaning (basic life chores) are in a DLC. Also, TS4 is TS4 and weather is still a DLC. The parenting skills come with Parenthood which is not acceptable to me because those are skills that are not hobby-oriented. Every sim who is a parent should have them.

TS4 is not a mayor improvement in TS series. TS2, for example, allows you to build your own worlds while in TS4 you cannot even place lots. TS4 does have an improved CAS though. The claylike system of building or creating your sim is very easy and rewarding because it is very easy to make pretty sims regardless of what a person considers attractive. So, if you only want to create sims, buy TS4 when it is on sale. Things like CAST and the colour wheel that allow the player to recolour items like objects and clothing are gone, but they were present in TS3. There is no open world, which means that there is a lot of loading screens, which is not acceptable for the fourth sequel.

The gameplay aspect of TS4 is what also gets a lot of negativity and criticism. There is lack of details that is noticable. For example, there is no carpool which means that sims dissapear of the lot when they need to go to work. In previous games, TS2 for example, there were special cars that would pick the sims up when they need to go to work. There is no grocery shopping or clothes shopping (everything is already available which is, in my opinion, unrealistic in the contex of a life simulator). Some say that the emotions in TS4 are not implemented well because, as an example, when a sim gets cheated on, they still feel happy, if the room is decorated well. Some say that the game misses the charm and charisma of the previous games. In my opinion, sims in TS4 are a bit creepy because they are always smiling (that is their idle animation).

There is a lot of bugs, everybody is saying that. I cannot play the game because the sims have weird and unexplained routing issuses. The game is unplayable because of that. I suggest that you wait for some time and then that you buy DLC. Also, the game is very easy to play (in my opinion) and the previous games had more consequences for the player.

A lot of stuff and DLC in TS4 is for young adults and adults (Parenthood is an only exception). Children get very little to do; they are neglected in that aspect. Teens also; they are the same height as adults and there are no preteens to balance out the life continuity. I can come up with a few creative ideas like libraries and different school subjects (and buying everything for school), different hobbies for children like collecting stickers or toys, going on field trips with your class, going to tutor classes, playable schools (that was, again, for some reason added in a expansion pack), kindergartens (for toddlers and children before they go to school), teaching your child how to read and write, going grocery shopping with your parents, having a diary, having an imaginary friend, teaching your toddler or child how to swim and so on, but no. Children in TS4 get a few stations and that is it.

TS4 has so many DLC and yet TS2 and TS3 have more to do. Everything is a bit toned down, especially in comparison with TS3. As an example, TS3 had three huge worlds where you could explore tombs, while TS4 has one such world. TS4 has vacation spots, but there are no hotels like in TS2. And not just that; you can build your own vacation spots and hotels in TS2. Both TS2 and TS4 have apartments, but, again, you can build your own apartments in TS2 and not in TS4. TS2 and TS4 have restaurants, but restaurants in TS4 are unplayable because of bugs which were acutally fixed by a player of the game. Also you cannot be a chef in your own restaurant in TS4. Both TS2 and TS4 have a retail system, but this system is much more complex in TS2 because there is a whole list of special perks for your business and there is more special and complex animations regarding your business.

In my opinion, everything should be more advanced because what is the point in the opposite case? EA gives very little to TS which is sad because there is currently no game like TS.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 14th Dec 2022 at 5:28 AM Last edited by legacyoffailures : 14th Dec 2022 at 5:43 AM.
Strangerville and Star Wars game packs are the most cringey packs the Sims 4 ever had.

Edit: They are the most cringey packs of all the series. Even Katy Perry's hideous candy bra looks more interesting than stupid tentacle plant.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Field Researcher
#28 Old 14th Dec 2022 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Casimir
I guess that depends on your playstyle. Some of us like TS4 because of its abillity to customize sims and houses, but some of us dislike it. I will be as objective as I can, but I will still share a bit of my own opinion.
. . .

In my opinion, everything should be more advanced because what is the point in the opposite case? EA gives very little to TS which is sad because there is currently no game like TS.

As it has already been said before, TS4 was set up to be a money grabber. TS2 and 3 were better and more complete because Maxis, and later, EA, weren't out to get every ding-dong dime a player had. The base game was skimpy so that you'd pay to get the necessary additions for a better game. (Unfortunately, tho, the additions did not make for a better game. Plus they took their good time fixing bugs - some which they never fixed.)

It's all too bad because TS4 could have been a super-duper, colossal, extremely entertaining time-passer because, as you said, the more advanced technology at Maxis' disposal - plus everything they already knew from doing the previous games.

And so, for this reason, for most of us, it's hard to get really excited about TS5.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Mad Poster
#29 Old 14th Dec 2022 at 10:29 PM
Clint said it all. 4 is meh. It ain't horrible but it is far from wonderful. I have played, some, but it does not hold my attention for long.
Page 2 of 2