Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 8:14 PM
Default Moving about the town.
A random though. I wonder how Sims will travel about in this single large town. If the sims had to travel from one side to another side, what are the options?

By foot would be fun for a while but certainly not regularly.

By car? By bike? Would the sims automatically find its way or would I need to direct the sims? If so does that mean we can drive through the town in a car with our Sims? Sims meets GTA?

By bus? That would be a nice feature have. Waiting by the bus and getting on and off at the correct stop.

By teleportation? Would there be an option that allows the sims to travel directly to the destination without all the mucking about with the actual journey?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 9:16 PM
I hope the walk by foot option will be available. My sims use that most of the time nowadays. Not sure about cars, they get boring after a while if we'll have 5 cars in all for the whole 90 lots neighbourhood. I'd love to see bikes and motorbikes or scooters. Public transportation in the form of buses, or a san francisco type of tram might be a nice touch too.
#3 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 9:28 PM
While I doubt it, it would be nice to see some sims (in particual sims) skateboarding down the street or rollerblading.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 2:06 AM
Yes but then when you are going to a neighbor's house across the street, it would be quite stupid to drive a car. Which makes me wonder if the game will still allow it even though it is very pointless.
#5 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 9:35 AM
I would love to see a working bus and a realistic taxi!!! And it would be so nice when the handsome guy sims would give lift to some beautiful girl sims on a bike......oh!!! I am getting a little tooooo excited about all this.......!!!!!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 4:42 AM
Well I have a feeling it won't be THAT urban in the base game but for a city EP it would be awesome! I would just love a city EP and have real urban styles and ways of life.