Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 2:31 PM
Default Saving Appear's That It Doesn't Work And Going To Edit Town Takes More Time To Load On TV Mãos Neighborhood
So, i having this bad problem i have with my neighborhood, the game refuses me to save because the game is doing Random Tasks like, increasing memory, decreasing memory, disk activity too much, and after 15 minutes that saves my neighborhood, the game crashes because the game did not recognize what i'm saving the game, i did see CurrentGame.sims3 to see if writes anything, but the game did not write anyting to this folder.

And where i'm going into Edit Town, the game takes 1 hour to make the Edit Town completely fully loaded because the game is doing Random Tasks and waiting 1 hour until the game fully recognizes the Edit Town.

I need to fix this because when the Version 5.0 is going to be released on 14 November 2022, the Student Union is not completed, i did make 2 times the lot and trying to save, but no work because the game doesn't recognize the Saving section, there it's released without the Student Union completed!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 3:15 PM
what's version 5.0?

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by David Manaia
So, i having this bad problem i have with my neighborhood, the game refuses me to save because the game is doing Random Tasks like, increasing memory, decreasing memory, disk activity too much, and after 15 minutes that saves my neighborhood, the game crashes because the game did not recognize what i'm saving the game, i did see CurrentGame.sims3 to see if writes anything, but the game did not write anyting to this folder.

And where i'm going into Edit Town, the game takes 1 hour to make the Edit Town completely fully loaded because the game is doing Random Tasks and waiting 1 hour until the game fully recognizes the Edit Town.

I need to fix this because when the Version 5.0 is going to be released on 14 November 2022, the Student Union is not completed, i did make 2 times the lot and trying to save, but no work because the game doesn't recognize the Saving section, there it's released without the Student Union completed!

You probably need to post this in the creating section, and hope someone who does CAW can help. https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=593 ... and scroll down to the appropriate forum to post a "please help me".
Forum Resident
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
what's version 5.0?

It's most likely the OP's CAW world. I have seen that he often has many different problems with his TS3 and computer. I think he upgraded his machine, and has now been trying to make his own world... Pretty sure that's what is referenced by V5.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 5:48 PM Last edited by David Manaia : 2nd Nov 2022 at 5:50 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the folder deletion,
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
what's version 5.0?

Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
You probably need to post this in the creating section, and hope someone who does CAW can help. https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=593 ... and scroll down to the appropriate forum to post a "please help me".

It's most likely the OP's CAW world. I have seen that he often has many different problems with his TS3 and computer. I think he upgraded his machine, and has now been trying to make his own world... Pretty sure that's what is referenced by V5.

The version 5.0 is focused on renovations of lots, like adding 2 parking lots to Big Show Venue. See more information about this version: https://modthesims.info/showpost.ph...61&postcount=35

I cannot put on creating section, because the CAW world file contains a plus road that expands the world size and a lot called Big Park which is empty, the world file is old and only the completed lots and everything is on a save file.

I didn't upgraded the machine yet. And i world i create is from the save file since on September 2021 i lost the world file to created it because i deleted the CAW folder and i cannot restore it, but i still have as world file exported but it's old and it's from September 2021.

Can someone knows how to fix the saving crashing issue that takes 15 minutes and then crashes because of random tasks and edit town taking 1 hour load until loads completely because of random tasks that my save is doing. More information about error to fix here is on Post #1.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 7:29 PM
The version 5.0 is focused on renovations of lots, like adding 2 parking lots to Big Show Venue. See more information about this version: https://modthesims.info/showpost.ph...61&postcount=35

I cannot put on creating section, because the CAW world file contains a plus road that expands the world size and a lot called Big Park which is empty, the world file is old and only the completed lots and everything is on a save file.

I didn't upgraded the machine yet. And i world i create is from the save file since on September 2021 i lost the world file to created it because i deleted the CAW folder and i cannot restore it, but i still have as world file exported but it's old and it's from September 2021.

Can someone knows how to fix the saving crashing issue that takes 15 minutes and then crashes because of random tasks and edit town taking 1 hour load until loads completely because of random tasks that my save is doing. More information about error to fix here is on Post #1.

Off the top of my head, perhaps make a copy of the NHD file and save it somewhere. Start a new game, make a throw away Sim and save. Then copy the NHD file of your town to the new save series folder. Then go on vacation to your world, assuming it shows as a vacation world, as other download worlds do. Once there, save again. Then switch to the household you want to play. You can delete or Nraas total annihilate the throw away Sim you used to move. Never did any of that, but trying to come up with something for you to try.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 10:19 PM
I didn't upgraded the machine yet.

As mentioned here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=665720
You've consistently had problems whilst building this neighbourhood, it does seem that it's overtaxing your computer. Remember, your machine doesn't meet the minimum required specs for playing the game, so complex worlds may be too much for it. When the computer is taking so long to load Edit Town, this is because it is running out of memory and having to write to a swap file. When even this is insufficient for the task, the program will hang or crash, which is what you are seeing.
Maybe you should try finishing one of your other worlds, to see if you get the same errors there? I recall you had one which was going to be simpler for people with low end computers.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 12:11 PM
Default Solved!
Off the top of my head, perhaps make a copy of the NHD file and save it somewhere. Start a new game, make a throw away Sim and save. Then copy the NHD file of your town to the new save series folder. Then go on vacation to your world, assuming it shows as a vacation world, as other download worlds do. Once there, save again. Then switch to the household you want to play. You can delete or Nraas total annihilate the throw away Sim you used to move. Never did any of that, but trying to come up with something for you to try.

I did a different method.

So I created a new save, I created a random Sim, place the Sim on empty lot, saved the game, going back to main menu, copied the NHD file to a new save, played the new save, saved the game this time and it did save correctly.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 2:03 PM
I did a different method.

So I created a new save, I created a random Sim, place the Sim on empty lot, saved the game, going back to main menu, copied the NHD file to a new save, played the new save, saved the game this time and it did save correctly.

Great! Glad you got it, because nothing worse than doing work on a project, and losing it to the ether! But, you MUST understand that if you are still using your old machine, it will eventually crash or code 12 again, as you continue to add to the world you made. More buildings, more Sims, more chance to crash. (((