Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 7:12 PM Last edited by ThoughtfulUnknownSandwich : 9th Nov 2022 at 7:25 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sim didn't come back from university, then got duplicated
I'm having trouble with my university playthrough; I've been playing with a couple of sims I created, all goes well until the end of the semester when they're supposed to go back home. One of the sims (usually the guy) gets the "Go Home" (or whatever it's called) interaction, while the girl only gets a generic "meet here" and goes to the front of the dorm; loading screen and I find myself in the homeworld with only the guy sim, while the girl only shows up ion the relationship panel as a distant relationship (as in, that lives in another world, like sims met in vacation worlds). I tried to take a look at the university world through Edit Town but the girl was nowhere to be found. Okay, close, reload save, try again: same thing. She just gets left behind for whatever reason. This time I thought I'd try inviting her to visit, ask her to move in and just act like nothing went wrong. But when I invited her over she got, duplicated I guess? Other than the original sim in the relationship panel I also had a clone of her at zero relationship (who also ended up being assigned as a stall vendor). I tried to ignore it but once she came over to visit her relationship got wiped, meaning that now she's only an acquaintance with the guy.

Here's a screenshot of the relationship panel so you can see what's going on:

Should also be worth mentioning that I already have nraas MasterController, Overwatch, ErrorTrap etc. installed, and have tried both cleaning the file and resetting the neighbourhood.
I've been trying to get them to finish their semester since yesterday and at this point it's starting to feel like a samsara, will my sims ever be able to get out of university?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 9:08 PM
You shouldn't actually need to invoke a player-controlled interaction at the end of the term. That Sat afternoon the trip timer should wind down and the loading screen should come up all by itself, taking what should be your entire active household (of two sims in the travel party) back home no matter what they really happen to be doing at the time. Still no good?

Does your NRaas, etc. collection of mods include Traveler? That's the one that should be stepping in (silently) to prevent things like this from happening. Overwatch can only fix foreign world related issues after they have happened and ErrorTrap then tries to clean up extra data that is replicated once active gameplay is back in the homeworld.
Instructor
#3 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 9:52 PM
the author didn't mention whether they were turning in-game story Progression on or off or installing Twallan's Story Progression as alternative. I used to have a similar problem, but my sim never went home, got stuck and the loading screen never showed up. It was because of the super glitchy Maxis story progression. It was after installing Overwatch, ErrorTrap and Story Progression (without Traveler) that I never bumped into that stupid bug no more.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 10:21 PM
As a clear up, I only invited over the missing sim after they came home from college (or rather didn't), when Saturday came I got the "adventure ended" and loading as usual

Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Does your NRaas, etc. collection of mods include Traveler? That's the one that should be stepping in (silently) to prevent things like this from happening. Overwatch can only fix foreign world related issues after they have happened and ErrorTrap then tries to clean up extra data that is replicated once active gameplay is back in the homeworld.

Well this is embarrassing, I really thought I was better than this. I was so sure I had all the necessary nraas mods I didn't even bother to check if Traveler was included. With Traveler installed they do finally both come back from college... along with the rest of the dorm. It's kind of hilarious honestly, I have no idea what this could be related to, but I should be able to just kick them out right?

Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
the author didn't mention whether they were turning in-game story Progression on or off or installing Twallan's Story Progression as alternative. I used to have a similar problem, but my sim never went home, got stuck and the loading screen never showed up. It was because of the super glitchy Maxis story progression. It was after installing Overwatch, ErrorTrap and Story Progression (without Traveler) that I never bumped into that stupid bug no more.

I used to have Twallan's Story Progression but I ended up getting rid of it because the constant popup notifications and infinite options were making me go insane, so as of now I only have the in-game story progression
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ThoughtfulUnknownSandwich
With Traveler installed they do finally both come back from college... along with the rest of the dorm. It's kind of hilarious honestly, I have no idea what this could be related to, but I should be able to just kick them out right?

We've seen some reports of this happening on occasion. Of course that is not intended unless you used MC to Add Sim these former dormmates to your active household while still in Uni World. But you know college students -- like any other sims if you feed them, give them a warm place to sleep, and play games or snuggle with them once in a while, they are bound to stick around for more.

I would replay that until it doesn't happen. But no, it's not harmful to kick them out or, if you want, MC > Add Sim them to another household or give them one of their own in town if you like them but just not enough to have them invading your personal living space.
Instructor
#6 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ThoughtfulUnknownSandwich
I used to have Twallan's Story Progression but I ended up getting rid of it because the constant popup notifications and infinite options were making me go insane, so as of now I only have the in-game story progression

Ah I see, it was probably in-game story progression's fault. Even if with Overwatch and ErrorTrap installed, they could not stop Maxis' own madness (if I were you, I'd rather turn it off entirely just for the sake of my sanity). Glad that Traveler was able to fix your problem. I've only recently installed it to disable weather stone and fix the moronic future descendants.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Nov 2022 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
But you know college students -- like any other sims if you feed them, give them a warm place to sleep, and play games or snuggle with them once in a while, they are bound to stick around for more.

Yeah I figured it was something like that
I tried again and they still insisted on coming along, so I just moved them out, at least my sims will have some friends
I also managed to finally figure out Twallan's Story Progression so I reinstalled that as well,
Thanks y'all