Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Wooden Stairs - Redux [ recolourable ]

by Reyn Posted 25th Feb 2007 at 5:55 PM - Updated 26th Feb 2007 at 2:17 PM by Reyn

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 6:16 PM
this is cool. i look forward to more stairs by you
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 7:03 PM
Thanks for this! I needed it, because I like you, hate the underpinning, especially when viewing into the basement. This will make my country homes more realistic.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 7:47 PM
Great work! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 10:32 PM
thank you so much (and Numenor too)!! i've been looking for this exact stair.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 1:43 AM
Definitely awesome! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 8:18 AM Last edited by Zhaana : 26th Feb 2007 at 9:21 AM.
I tried it, I installed scriptorium for the occasion and placed the files in the right folders. But I have a small problem, the icon appears blue in the game. I can use the stairs, it's normal with wooden texture, but when I try to put railings, it becomes all blue. Is it my game who's bugging or is it a bug from the stairs ?
I have also numenor wooden stairs installed since months and months
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 12:36 PM
finally no underpinning!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 2:16 PM
Zhaana - I'm not really sure why it would do that, since I have the same expansions and stuff packs and its not doing it for me. However, I'll fiddle around and see if I can get it to happen for me and then try and fix it.

Wait - try going and getting the updated version of Numenor's stairs. He just upgraded them when helping me with these and that could be the problem.

I'll add a note to the main post too.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 5:29 PM Last edited by Zhaana : 26th Feb 2007 at 5:46 PM.
Okay I downloaded the lastest update of the stairs, I'll install them and if it works I'll tell you ! thanks for answering quickly ! ^^

EDIT : Okay it works with railings now !!
I just still have the blue icon but I don't really care cause it works lol
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 6:38 PM
To fix the icon, just delete your thumbnails - the game will redo them.

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#12 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 9:52 PM
Yes, I confirm that it's mandatory to download the updated version of my wooden stairs; I've updated them purposely to work as a repository for these stairs (and for any other stairs that the users will want to create).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 3:54 AM
Thank you, Reyn, and Numenor, too, for this great new stair! It is wonderful to know that you are working on others as well...stairs ARE nice!

More of my work can be found @
Sims2Artists.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 11:58 AM
Hey,
If I include these stairs in a lot, how this will work for others ?
Do they have absolutly to download yours and numenor stairs to get them work ?
Or will the stairs just be included in the lot without being in the catalog ?
I know that Brasstex stairs by example don't need to be downloaded if it's included in a lot, though people can't pick them in the catalog if they didn't already downloaded them.
Is it the same for your stairs ?
I'm just wondering if you know and so what I should write in my "custom contents list" for my future uploaded lot.
;p
The ModFather
retired moderator
#15 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 3:54 PM
My stairs are the "Repository" for all the textures: who doesn't have my stairs installed will see flashing blue stairs.
As for the other part of your question, I haven't tried, but I guess that including them in the packaged lot would be enought (at least, to see them in the lot, but they should not be selectable from the catalog, nor moveable from the position that you've put them in).

Therefore, if you include these stairs on your lots (at the conditions stated in Reyn's policy), you should also instruct the downloaders to install my recolourable stairs.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 5:20 PM
Thanks for the quick answer Numenor !
That's what I wanted to know exactly. Thanks !
Yeah of course I'll instruct people to install your stairs.
Scholar
#17 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 11:53 PM
These are wicked!!! Have wanted these for sooooo long you would not believe it!! Thanks (and to Numenor too!!) x x x x
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 9:58 PM
I can't thank him enough for not only allowing me to use his stairs as a repository but making them so that sims can walk under them and build under them. Great space saver as well as looking much better in open house plans.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#19 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 5:18 PM
Reyn,

is there any chance you'd consider making a stand-alone version of this? One that does not require Numenor's stairs to be installed, I mean? I'm asking because I'd love to use your stairs in houses I upload, but I'd like to keep the required CC to a minimum (and not ask people to install something that they don't even need for that particular lot).

I'd be very happy if this was possible .. like you I hate those things that Maxis have chosen to put underneath 80% of all stairs they make. I much prefer stairs that are open underneath .. and yours are the *only* ones I've seen that are Maxis matching and redistributable at the same time.

PS -- they wouldn't even need to be recolourable. Just the simple plain Maxis brown ones would make me very very happy =).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Inventor
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 3:00 PM
I'd have to do a lot of reverse engineering, though I do understand what you are saying. I'll see if I can figure out how to add the textures back in, since that is the only way to keep it where the sims can walk underneath and doors can be tucked under them.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#21 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 11:42 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 9th Jun 2007 at 2:59 AM.
Thanks for considering it! I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who'd be infinitely grateful for some *normal* stairs .. this kind of edit is boring to make I'm sure, but it would be really really useful. I hope you can figure it out!

ETA: crocobaura has made a standalone version in the meantime, available here, in case anyone else wants them + like me does not check downloads regularly ..

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 30th May 2007 at 5:36 AM
Sweet stuff! Love them, thank you!

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 9:11 PM
Does anybody know where i can find recoulors of these stairs without the underpinning??
Forum Resident
#24 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 3:32 AM
Any of the recolors for Numenor's stairs recolor these stairs.

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Test Subject
#25 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dewshine
Any of the recolors for Numenor's stairs recolor these stairs.

Thank you!!!
Page 1 of 2