Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 7-JUL-2016) Ingredient Moodlets From Meals + More Filling Kelp & Fish Meals For Mermaids

by icarus_allsorts Posted 20th Feb 2014 at 4:51 PM - Updated 6th Jul 2016 at 4:41 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#26 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 2:25 PM
Thanks!
Instructor
#27 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 5:36 PM
When my vegetarian sims put chicken in there food they don't get the nauseous moodlet; can you fix that for me please?

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babyliss
When my vegetarian sims put chicken in there food they don't get the nauseous moodlet; can you fix that for me please?

What was the recipe of the food that your vegetarian sim cooked? Or does this happen for ANY recipe?
Instructor
#29 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 12:34 AM
Umm I only tried it with Autum Salad but I will run more tests, sorry I will get back to you ;-p

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 4:21 AM
Umm I only tried it with Autum Salad but I will run more tests, sorry I will get back to you ;-p

Btw, does your sim have the Strong Stomach Lifetime Reward, because that would prevent the sim from becoming Nauseous even when eating meat.
Instructor
#31 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 8:22 PM
No the sim did not have any lifetime rewards for that matter, when I am able to test that save I will let you know the results asap.

Test Subject
#32 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 4:47 AM
Does this mod conflict with Caitie's mod that tweaks Mermaids if I use only the NoDryingUp .package? I want to use your tweaks to mermaid meals but I also don't like my mermaids drying up in the sun.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reynbowz
Does this mod conflict with Caitie's mod that tweaks Mermaids if I use only the NoDryingUp .package?

This is a stand alone script mod, it won't conflict with tuning mods
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 3:44 PM
Hi, this mod is almost perfect for what ive been looking for for my mermaids, and comes with a bunch of awesome other benefits too! Maybe Forbidden Fruit should be added to the mod, in case people have cookable forbidden fruits (giving the eater the plantsim sickness moodlet)?

What I need now is a mod that makes Kelp and Forbidden Fruit cookable, is such a thing out there? Google gave no results
Instructor
#35 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 4:42 PM
Hello @icarus_allsorts the post says it is updated, I was wondering what was updated?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim mania
Hi Icarus, I decided to add this mod to my game today but it's resetting my sims and giving script errors. Whenever my sims eat at the bistro they get resetted but eating at home is fine

Thanks for the report, looks like I made a mistake in the code in my rush to update yesterday causing that. Should be fixed now, so make sure to redownload

Hello @icarus_allsorts the post says it is updated, I was wondering what was updated?

Sorry, forgot to change the date in the updates section!
Field Researcher
#37 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
Thanks for the report, looks like I made a mistake in the code in my rush to update yesterday causing that. Should be fixed now, so make sure to redownload

Sweet! Thanks! Off to download.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 2:09 PM
Would the 'Strong Stomach' LTR also prevent Vampires from getting nauseous eating garlic? I WANT to do away with nausea in my game altogether, but since everyone else seems to LIKE it when Sims get sick (there are plenty of people looking to INCREASE or induce illness, but I'm the only one who wants it eliminated), that is apparently impossible. But avoiding it at any cost would still be nice? >.<
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 5:11 AM
It really bothered me that sushi didn't fill my mermaid's hunger bar! Thanks so much for this.
Alchemist
#40 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 9:14 AM
@icarus_allsorts Hi, are you open for suggestions? Would it be possible for you to include more ingredients that produce moodlets? Some moodlets are related to some ingredients, just like what you did to cocoa and strawberry, but there are still some if you'd like to hear.
1. LuckyLime buff for lime
2. MMMApples buff for apple (this one is actually a moodlet for horses. Considering your apple already has an effect, it might not be necessary)
3. CheeryCherry buff for cherry
4. GleefulGrape buff for all grapes
5. LaidbackLemon buff for lemon
6. MMMCarrots buff for carrot (this one is also for horses, but unlike MMMApples, the moodlet description explicitly states it's for horses)
7. RaspberryRomance buff for raspberry

Thank you for this wonderful mod, by the way!

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
@icarus_allsorts Hi, are you open for suggestions? Would it be possible for you to include more ingredients that produce moodlets? Some moodlets are related to some ingredients, just like what you did to cocoa and strawberry, but there are still some if you'd like to hear.
2. MMMApples buff for apple (this one is actually a moodlet for horses. Considering your apple already has an effect, it might not be necessary)
6. MMMCarrots buff for carrot (this one is also for horses, but unlike MMMApples, the moodlet description explicitly states it's for horses)

Besides the horse moodlets I think I did initially consider adding the moodlets you mentioned, but ended up deciding against them since the moodlet descriptions mention either snow cones or the bubble machine. It's still possible to do so, but I'm afraid I can't afford the time to do any modding at the moment sorry.
Alchemist
#42 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 1:30 PM
Besides the horse moodlets I think I did initially consider adding the moodlets you mentioned, but ended up deciding against them since the moodlet descriptions mention either snow cones or the bubble machine. It's still possible to do so, but I'm afraid I can't afford the time to do any modding at the moment sorry.

Oh, okay. Glad to know that you once considered about it. Thank you for all your work here.

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23

@nikel23: I've updated the mod so that you can add these ingredient and moodlets in your own game if you want to give it a shot (though I'm guessing the horse moodlets may not be applied to human sims, not too sure). Instructions are in the main page if you're interested.
Alchemist
#44 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 10:20 AM
@nikel23: I've updated the mod so that you can add these ingredient and moodlets in your own game if you want to give it a shot (though I'm guessing the horse moodlets may not be applied to human sims, not too sure). Instructions are in the main page if you're interested.

Oh my, a complete customization at our own hand? Thank you so much! I will try it when I have the time!

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 5:27 PM Last edited by kimikobristen : 12th Mar 2015 at 5:39 PM.
Hi, I've put your resort buffet table on a community lot and chose foods with different ingredients including one dish which I added plasma for the vampires. But I noticed that my vampire child's hunger did not get satisfied when he ate the food with plasma. He would autonomously choose to eat the one with plasma I would guess because he is a vampire, but a child doesn't have thirst. I'm not sure this mod controls that instead of the resort table but I post here because I think it's this mod.

Help would be appreciated.

Edit: Actually, now I'm not sure which mod causes that so apologies in advance if I posted this on the wrong mod.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 8:17 AM
@kimikobristen: Children not gaining hunger from meals with plasma fruit in them was a problem with the previous version of this mod, have you tried the latest version?

(EDIT: Oh, just noticed the date of your reply, sorry. Yea, give the latest version a try it should solve the issue)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#47 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 4:40 AM
Thank you so much for the updates, the herbs and other ingredients finally affect you meal This is supercool you genious you :D
Mad Poster
#48 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 5:26 AM Last edited by igazor : 22nd Apr 2015 at 7:56 PM.
Hey, @icarus_allsorts. Several of the new recipes my sims have been preparing have been giving off the Life is Sweet +20 moodlet since this update. These foods are not intended to be sweet and honey was not used in any way. Not exactly game breaking, but a bit odd -- could this mod be doing that or should I be going after the recipe makers?

Thanks as always!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#49 Old 24th May 2015 at 10:28 PM
This is so awesome!!! Thank you!!!
Theorist
#50 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 12:41 AM
Sorry to bother you again so soon @icarus_allsorts, but your mods are so important to my gameplay it really throws me off when they don't work properly. This mod is supposed to make it so Mermaids can eat food cooked with fish, right? Does it only work for certain types of fish? My sims sat down to fish and chips this evening made with Rainbow Trout and it only filled a tiny percentage of her hunger bar.
Page 2 of 3