Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teen Homework Fix v2

by scumbumbo Posted 12th Nov 2014 at 5:24 AM - Updated 23rd Jan 2016 at 8:10 AM by scumbumbo

65 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 3:01 PM
Thank you. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 9:48 PM
so funny how much they do leave it around and I am saying thanks for saving me aggravation, and I can just play.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 5:34 AM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 5:33 AM
Thank you for fixing this very annoying bug =(
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 10:28 AM
Thank you very much
Field Researcher
#31 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 7:25 AM
Does this help with Children not always putting it back in their inventory as well? I'll download anyway I'm sure; I'm just curious.
Deceased
Original Poster
#32 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 6:14 AM
I have checked this mod for compatibility with the January 13 game update and there do not appear to be any changes required.
Deceased
Original Poster
#33 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shadedgrey63
Does this help with Children not always putting it back in their inventory as well? I'll download anyway I'm sure; I'm just curious.

No, the XML for the children's homework appears to be correct. I had some issues with children starting to forget to pick up their homework after the December game update, but it appears to have been caused by faulty objects. After selling the table the children kept forgetting their homework on and replacing it things started to work fine again.

Clearing your game cache files may help too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 3:35 AM
thanks! I really hate it when my teen forgot his/her homework "somewhere", because I'd have to remember the last place we went to search for it
Deceased
Original Poster
#35 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 7:50 AM
This mod has been checked against the latest game patch (Feb 3, 2015) and no changes are required to the mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 6:46 PM
I've noticed this homework bug with many of my families on sims...thanks for the fix!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 8:20 AM
This was bugging me;Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 5:09 PM
ありがとう
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 1:19 PM
I lose a lot of time on finding the homework! thanks for the mod. I will never ever search for those again.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 5:31 PM Last edited by Tysakasa : 15th Apr 2015 at 9:13 PM.
I think you may have a problem in the V2 fix. When sims try to clean up dishes, they don't. The most they do is pick it up and move it else where or simply put it back from where they got it from. This issue only occurs when the mod is installed.

Update:
Okay so decided to have a sit down with my mods to see which may have been causing the clean up issue when this mod is installed (puzzled as I have few that really alter the game). Cleared game cache and only had this mod enabled. Everything checked out. Then started slowly turning them on one by one and everything continued to be fine. Even cleared game cache after everything was re-enabled and they still continue to clean up instead of placing object back onto a surface. So have no idea what was causing that issue. Maybe that particular game save is bugged somewhere (testing on a newer save since I started a new game when I got Get To Work). So here's hoping for continued workings. Cheers.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tysakasa
I think you may have a problem in the V2 fix. When sims try to clean up dishes, they don't. The most they do is pick it up and move it else where or simply put it back from where they got it from. This issue only occurs when the mod is installed.

I have this mod in, and I am not having the problem you are. My sims pick up and wash their dishes with no problem.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 2:33 PM
Thanks, Scumbumbo!
Test Subject
#43 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 3:04 PM
With this installed, my teen finished their homework the following ensued IMMEDIATELY after: teen got up from table with homework in hand, went to the bathroom, took a knee in front of the toilet, raised his homework up slightly as if about to perform an exorcism and then froze. He was not selectable and could not be reset. The whole game became unresponsive and informed me it would have to shut down that it could not save yet gave no error nor successfully CTD, I assume that's what it was trying to do. I tried going into different menus, pausing the game, resetting Sims and/game however nothing but the ambient sounds and grunts of the stuck sims were still heard and the parents' heads and arms moved throughout pause and various menus which was off putting. Wound up having to kill the process and remove the mod. With the mod removed, all is well except the fact the teen leaves his homework on the table. I'm patched up and have OR & GTW installed. It's probably an issue of mod conflict with something else I have installed since it appears to be working for most. I wanted to report this as removing the mod this did not occur after the teen finished his homework -same family, same teen.
Deceased
Original Poster
#44 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aeonfluxx75
With this installed, my teen finished their homework the following ensued IMMEDIATELY after: teen got up from table with homework in hand, went to the bathroom, took a knee in front of the toilet, raised his homework up slightly as if about to perform an exorcism and then froze. He was not selectable and could not be reset.

That's really weird!! (and a great description, btw)

I don't know of any mods that would be conflict with this one, it only changes one XML resource associated with teens doing homework so if there is a conflict that should help you narrow it down. It may also have just been a one-time bug or a problem with a mod that isn't necessarily conflicting with this one but isn't compatible with the latest patch. If you figure something out, let us know!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tysakasa

Update:
Okay so decided to have a sit down with my mods to see which may have been causing the clean up issue when this mod is installed (puzzled as I have few that really alter the game). Cleared game cache and only had this mod enabled. Everything checked out. Then started slowly turning them on one by one and everything continued to be fine. Even cleared game cache after everything was re-enabled and they still continue to clean up instead of placing object back onto a surface. So have no idea what was causing that issue. Maybe that particular game save is bugged somewhere (testing on a newer save since I started a new game when I got Get To Work). So here's hoping for continued workings. Cheers.

You fixed it by clearing the cache. That's the usual fix for the dish washing problem.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 4:57 PM
Thank You =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 14th May 2015 at 6:42 AM
Thanks for your hard work :)
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th May 2015 at 2:31 PM
Hey, does this mod work as of the latest patch (1.7.62.1020)?

Thanks in advance
Deceased
Original Poster
#49 Old 18th May 2015 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amyr41693
Hey, does this mod work as of the latest patch (1.7.62.1020)?

No changes are required to this mod for the latest patch.
Deceased
Original Poster
#50 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 8:29 AM
This mod has been checked for compatibility with the July 9 game patch and no update is required.
Page 2 of 3