Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

College Tuition and Student Loans

by kestrellyn Posted 24th Jun 2018 at 11:48 PM - Updated 6th Jan 2024 at 6:05 AM by kestrellyn

187 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 161 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 8
Test Subject
#76 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 2:25 AM
For some reason I have not been abled to get the mod to charge my sims. I have initialized, set payees, set sponsors. I have done everything I was supposed to and still can figure it out. What could I be doing wrong? I love the concept of this mod, I can't wait for it to work for my game!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#77 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 2:51 AM
If you're expecting it to deduct from family funds, it doesn't. It accumulated debt (or decreases balance) in the college fund tracked by the token, and then you can pay off the debt from family funds (or add money to the account to be deducted).
Test Subject
#78 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If you're expecting it to deduct from family funds, it doesn't. It accumulated debt (or decreases balance) in the college fund tracked by the token, and then you can pay off the debt from family funds (or add money to the account to be deducted).

Oh ok, I thought it would come from the family funds. I have set all of my sims grant money to go to their college fund but it still goes in the family funds. Also I have never gotten the little message that says my sims have paid the tuition.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#79 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 9:32 PM
Hmm. What settings did you give them with Professor Von Ball? Can you do a scan with HCDU?
Test Subject
#80 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 7:57 PM
I can't use HCDU because I have Mac unfortunately. However I have tried changing the settings to almost all the ways you can on Professor Von Ball and no luck :/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#81 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 8:25 PM
Hmm, well that's annoying, I can't imagine life without HCDU. What other college related mods do you have?
Test Subject
#82 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 10:52 PM
I have Simsky faster university education mod in. I tried taking it out and I still couldn't get the tuition mod to do anything. And I also have MajorsMadeEasier by FrikaC (no custom majors yet), have not tried taking that one out.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#83 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 11:55 PM
Are you running in debug mode?
Test Subject
#84 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 3:31 AM
No don’t think so. I haven’t turned it on if I am.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#85 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 4:13 AM
Type ctrl+shift+c and then "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true", and then play the game until tuition is supposed to be billed. If nothing pops up when that happens, try creating a folder in your downloads named "zzzz" (or something similar that is alphabetically after everything else in your downloads) and putting the mod there, and see if it works.
Test Subject
#86 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 3:12 AM
I've tried both on their own and both separate and nothing has worked. Do you think it just has to do with my Mac?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#87 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 3:24 AM
Did you try putting it in the "zzzz" folder?
Test Subject
#88 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 3:44 AM
I did. However all my downloads are in different folders to keep it organized. I’m not sure if that would change anything. Also the z’s were capitalized if that makes a difference. Do you mind telling me what the z’s are supposed to do?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#89 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 4:20 AM
They are supposed to make it come after all the other folders alphabetically, which I already said. This causes the game to load it last. You put the folder directly under Downloads, right?
Test Subject
#90 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 2:48 PM
Yes I did. Didn’t seem to work.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#91 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 12:30 AM
I don't know. If you are telling the truth, than it should work.
Test Subject
#92 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 2:19 AM
Yeah I have no idea what it is. I’ve tried all the things you said and tried taking my other mods out. Uninstalled it reinstalled it. Used different sims. Some made in the college CAS some that started as children. Initialized them at different prices (I get the message that this has been done correctly). The only mod I have that I think could affect it is the Monique computer mod. I’ll try taking that out too but has anyone else had an issue with the two mods?
Test Subject
#93 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 2:21 AM
I also have the no free hand outs mod that keeps the game from giving them 20000 simoleons anytime you move them out. I’ll also try taking that out.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#94 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 2:46 AM
Neither of those mods should interfere with this.
Test Subject
#95 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 3:26 AM
Hmm. Yeah I have the folder named "zzzcollegetuition" without the quotes and the file inside. Still not working
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#96 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 3:36 AM
No folders are alphabetically after it?
Test Subject
#97 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 4:34 AM
None. I even checked my car folder which I thought would be after it. Since they tend to have weird names
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#98 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 6:56 AM
I'm talking about the folders, not the files in the folders.
Test Subject
#99 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 2:33 PM
Oh yeah then defiantly.
Mad Poster
#100 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 3:31 AM
If it's not too much of a problem, could you consider letting Sims add money in the hundreds? It's okay if not.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 4 of 8