Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Regul Save Cleaner

by Onebeld Posted 11th Feb 2021 at 2:38 PM - Updated 12th Feb 2024 at 8:30 PM by Onebeld : Update documentation

269 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 222 Feedback Posts, 46 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 11
Scholar
#26 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Onebeld
Yes, you can. So far I have done it on the .NET Framework so that there are no problems. I'm not sure about .NET 5, since the speed is almost the same, and the memory consumption is lower for the Framework.
Sorry for the inconvenience

I just tried the downgraded version, it doesn't run either. I tried reinstalling .NET 4 and it said I have the updated version installed already so I'm not sure what else to do.
Thanks for your work anyway, it looks like a really useful program and better than the other cleaner. Hopefully one day I'll get it working
Scholar
#27 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HanoM29
I don't think this is a Framework issue at all. I noticed, with all three versions, it seems to create an error in the logs folder. Here are the contents of it.

I have that too!
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 1:48 AM
didn't work for me either. i'm using windows 10 fully updated, computer built end of last year, never had problems opening anything else.
  • downloaded, extracted, opened the .exe, nothing then log was created, opened as admin, same
  • deleted it, downloaded .net frameworks, told me already installed
  • redownloaded regul, extracted, opened, same as before

i included the log (i hope) idk if it will help
Attached files:
File Type: txt  RegulSaveCleaner.exe_13.02.2021.txt (3.1 KB, 31 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 2:06 AM

hello this definitively solves the error 12 I have been with this error for years and I want to know what exactly this tool does
Test Subject
#30 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 2:07 AM
hello this definitively solves the error 12 I have been with this error for years and I want to know what exactly this tool does
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HanoM29
I don't think this is a Framework issue at all. I noticed, with all three versions, it seems to create an error in the logs folder. Here are the contents of it.

Oh, I completely forgot about the logs. Thank you so much for providing!
It looks like I didn’t make a function that when the localization was incorrectly defined, I used English by default. And this issue was not with .NET 5.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annie280
I was able to get the .Net5 version to work for me, so my question is do I update to the latest version of the program or can I wait till there's a newer version?

If I may request a feature to this mod? The feature of showing size of file before and after the cleaning takes place?

1.1.0 will be released soon, in which, I hope, I will fix all the errors, and there will be new functionality.
Sizing before and after cleaning? Will be done! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 8:54 AM
This is a nice tool. Though it would greatly help if each checkbox is explained in detail in the download description. And I'm curious if there are only three checkboxes to tick, because the scrollbar tells me that there are more..

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Scholar
#34 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 9:22 AM Last edited by desiree101 : 13th Feb 2021 at 10:55 PM.
1.1.0 will be released soon, in which, I hope, I will fix all the errors, and there will be new functionality.

Yes! This one works for me! Thank you so much for the time you spent on this Wow the size difference (since using the old cleaner) is massive!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 9:47 AM
@Onebeld thank you very much for this tool. It opens as it should but unfortunetly it says, that my save files can't be found and after I ticked ok on that message the whole program closes. Is there a way to manually assign the folder which this program should clean?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fluse
@Onebeld thank you very much for this tool. It opens as it should but unfortunetly it says, that my save files can't be found and after I ticked ok on that message the whole program closes. Is there a way to manually assign the folder which this program should clean?

Interesting case. Do you have your save files on this path: "Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 / Saves"?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
This is a nice tool. Though it would greatly help if each checkbox is explained in detail in the download description. And I'm curious if there are only three checkboxes to tick, because the scrollbar tells me that there are more..

Okay! I will definitely add.
In fact, there are only 6 of these checkboxes, just scroll down with the mouse wheel or by clicking on the scrollbar itself. You can also hover your mouse over the checkbox for additional information.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 11:31 AM
All working now. Tried it on one of my saves and I can't believe how smooth it's running!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 4:21 PM
Thanks! :)
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 9:15 PM
@Onebeld Yes, I have my saves on this path. I have two ssd's.
Sims 3 is installed on D, but the saves are on C:/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves (in my mother tongue, not in english)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 11:22 PM
Thank you for the update. Works great.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 2:08 AM
Thank you for the update and the credit!! Installed the new version, It works wonderfully and love that we get to see the file size before and after.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 2:10 AM
Thank you so much for adding that feature!!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fluse
@Onebeld Yes, I have my saves on this path. I have two ssd's.
Sims 3 is installed on D, but the saves are on C:/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves (in my mother tongue, not in english)

Strange, the path is correctly spelled out, but the save folder does not read.
Okay, I'll try to fix it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 5:46 PM
This is perfection for my saves ❤
I´ve used Kuree´s SaveCleaner before but this is a big upgrade. Thank youu! Looking forward to the whole Regul Project
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 7:57 PM
Default Unzip Issue
I encounter a issue while I unzip the mod , I get that error who said :

An unexpect issue block to copy/paste file.
Error 0x8004005 : No Specified Error
Avalonia.Animation.dll

I'm on Windows 10 , what it could be ?
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 1:42 AM
I tried downloading and unzipping the current version (v1.1.1). That went fine. I then tried to run the program and it's in a different language and am not able to change it back to English.

I still have a working copy of the program, but wanted to give others a heads up just in case anyone downloads the current version and isn't able to get it to work.

If I may request to put back up the "older" working version, please?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annie280
I tried downloading and unzipping the current version (v1.1.1). That went fine. I then tried to run the program and it's in a different language and am not able to change it back to English.

I still have a working copy of the program, but wanted to give others a heads up just in case anyone downloads the current version and isn't able to get it to work.

If I may request to put back up the "older" working version, please?

I forgot to delete the settings before publishing. This is always the case for me - when publishing, some problem will appear.

Go to settings ("gear" in the lower left corner), then click on the second lower combobox and select your language.
Second way: delete the settings file. It will automatically detect the language.

Sorry about that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SecretX
I encounter a issue while I unzip the mod , I get that error who said :

An unexpect issue block to copy/paste file.
Error 0x8004005 : No Specified Error
Avalonia.Animation.dll

I'm on Windows 10 , what it could be ?

Try downloading the archive again, or use 7-zip to unzip it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 8:52 AM
okay, I'm posting to THANK YOU!! I wanted to use this on this save file I play with since 2016 and I couldn't travel anymore due to how much stuff was in it and after cleaning it, it works! I'm in Oasis Landing again haha thank you so much!!
Page 2 of 11