Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Regul Save Cleaner

by Onebeld Posted 11th Feb 2021 at 2:38 PM - Updated 12th Feb 2024 at 8:30 PM by Onebeld : Update documentation

269 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 222 Feedback Posts, 46 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 11
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#151 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 5:29 AM
Brilliant mod. Thank you so much. For me it works great.
Test Subject
#152 Old 4th Feb 2022 at 11:03 PM
Hello, again Onebold! I'm having another error regarding the save I sent you last year. Let me know if you need me to resend it for analysis, but here's the error I'm getting. It also appears that my game does not recognize this save anymore either. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

System.IO.InvalidDataException: Expected magic tag 'DBPF'. Found '
at Regul.S3PI.Package.Package.CheckHeader()
at Regul.S3PI.Package.Package..ctor(Stream s)
at Regul.S3PI.Package.Package.OpenPackage(String packagePath, Boolean readwrite)
at Regul.S3PI.Package.Package.OpenPackage(String packagePath)
at RegulSaveCleaner.Core.Save..ctor(String strPath)
at RegulSaveCleaner.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.LoadingSaves()
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#153 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Madam_Hyjinks
Hello, again Onebold! I'm having another error regarding the save I sent you last year. Let me know if you need me to resend it for analysis, but here's the error I'm getting. It also appears that my game does not recognize this save anymore either. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

System.IO.InvalidDataException: Expected magic tag 'DBPF'. Found '
at Regul.S3PI.Package.Package.CheckHeader()
at Regul.S3PI.Package.Package..ctor(Stream s)
at Regul.S3PI.Package.Package.OpenPackage(String packagePath, Boolean readwrite)
at Regul.S3PI.Package.Package.OpenPackage(String packagePath)
at RegulSaveCleaner.Core.Save..ctor(String strPath)
at RegulSaveCleaner.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.LoadingSaves()

Oh no. That sounds like a bad sign. Can you please describe what you did before your save broke.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#154 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FreakyRufus
What animations? The animations in Regul Save Cleaner? I haven't noticed any animations. The progress bars? The highlights on moving the mouse over the saves? The entire window contents?

Sorry if I seem like I'm giving you a hard time, I'm not intending that. I was just curious about it. This is not a particularly graphics intensive program.

On a separate note, version 2.3.0 still removes the family portrait for me. If it makes any difference (based on the notes in the description) my save names begin with "RoPG", my family name is "Luma", and they live in "Roaring Heights" and occasionally send someone off to "Sims University", also they have traveled to "Egypt" and "France", but haven't been there in a long time.

I literally just checked this problem. No problems noted. Everything I described in the new update is working.
Most likely, the game is somehow not saving some data correctly to determine the current family portrait, and so this tool is deleting everything by mistake. There is no other way I can explain this behavior. If you are not satisfied with this answer, please send me your save archive in private messages, I can give you a more accurate answer.
Test Subject
#155 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 9:48 PM
Well, I kind of figured it out. Part of the problem seemed to be that I had gone back to my Steam version of the game. After installing the Origin version, I can see the save when the game loads up, but it's greyed out, saying I'm missing an expansion pack. I checked and all my packs are installed and checked in the launcher, as well the world (Barnacle Bay), so I'm not sure what's up with that. I made sure to remove my mods as well to ensure that wasn't the issue. I'm still getting the Regul error from before as well. Any thoughts?

I really haven't even used this save since the last time I reported a problem with it. At the time, I just wanted to grab some lots and sims out of there, which is what I'm doing again since I accidentally deleted some of my lots. So I haven't played much on it at all.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#156 Old 23rd Mar 2022 at 10:04 AM
Hi so the Mac version is a Windows Executable
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#157 Old 24th Mar 2022 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VitaminKat
Hi so the Mac version is a Windows Executable

Please read the download description carefully. Exe file was attached because of a problem with downloading the archive on MTS. Run the file WITHOUT the extension.
Test Subject
#158 Old 30th May 2022 at 11:35 AM
I can't seem to get it to run on my mac, please help!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#159 Old 31st May 2022 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sdav7d
I can't seem to get it to run on my mac, please help!

Hi! Please send detailed information why the program does not start and what is written in the logs. The sooner I see the problem, the sooner I can fix it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#160 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 10:03 PM
Works perfectly fine, great work! Thank you very much
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#161 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 5:45 PM
Thank you so much for this!

With the new update I see that it gives us some more options regarding the specific cache we want deleted. Im just a bit confused regarding some options and what their functionality is in game so I know what Im clearing you know :P

Specifically:
- "All LOG files" what are these log files?
- dcc.ent, no idea what this does?
- Missingdeps.idx, this one almost sounds like an error? no idea what this does though.
- downloadedsims.index??

Thanks so much for this! Love the new design!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#162 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ubercuber123
Thank you so much for this!

With the new update I see that it gives us some more options regarding the specific cache we want deleted. Im just a bit confused regarding some options and what their functionality is in game so I know what Im clearing you know :P

Specifically:
- "All LOG files" what are these log files?
- dcc.ent, no idea what this does?
- Missingdeps.idx, this one almost sounds like an error? no idea what this does though.
- downloadedsims.index??

Thanks so much for this! Love the new design!

Hi, thanks for the review! Explaining each point:

- "All LOG files" is just service information that is useful, in most cases, only to developers. It deletes: Sims3Logs.xml, Sims3LauncherLogFile.log, and DeviceConfig.log.
- The remaining three files are the Launcher cache, it's recommended to clear it when installing/reinstalling/uninstalling CC. I don't use this type of content, so I can't fully explain it. If you don't use the Launcher, you can safely delete them, the game will still work.
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Onebeld
Hi, thanks for the review! Explaining each point:

- "All LOG files" is just service information that is useful, in most cases, only to developers. It deletes: Sims3Logs.xml, Sims3LauncherLogFile.log, and DeviceConfig.log.
- The remaining three files are the Launcher cache, it's recommended to clear it when installing/reinstalling/uninstalling CC. I don't use this type of content, so I can't fully explain it. If you don't use the Launcher, you can safely delete them, the game will still work.

Oh okay perfect! I guess it might be worth to basically check it all then. I was just a bit confused when I saw that missingdeps.idx wasnt checked by default and figured maybe some of these have some importance Im not aware of, but I assume they will regenerate like normal once opening the launcher everytime.

I particularly like the "clear cache" button so that you can clear cache without having a save game available, very smart choice!
Test Subject
#164 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 9:34 PM
hi, I have a probably really dumb question. I can't seem to figure out how to launch the program. the instructions say that for macOS (which I'm running) to ignore the exe called RunNotThisFile, and to instead open the file with a terminal icon called RegulSaveCleaner. problem is, the file called RegulSaveCleaner doesn't have a terminal icon and is a normal document. there are three other files with terminal icons called libAvaloniaNative.dylib, libHarfBuzzSharp.dylib and libSkiaSharp.dylib, but I'm kind of terrified of opening them because I don't wanna accidentally fuck something up, both with the program an my computer in general. please help
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#165 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber<3
hi, I have a probably really dumb question. I can't seem to figure out how to launch the program. the instructions say that for macOS (which I'm running) to ignore the exe called RunNotThisFile, and to instead open the file with a terminal icon called RegulSaveCleaner. problem is, the file called RegulSaveCleaner doesn't have a terminal icon and is a normal document. there are three other files with terminal icons called libAvaloniaNative.dylib, libHarfBuzzSharp.dylib and libSkiaSharp.dylib, but I'm kind of terrified of opening them because I don't wanna accidentally fuck something up, both with the program an my computer in general. please help

Files with the extension dylib are necessary to run the program, don't pay attention to them. The only way to run the program is to start the terminal, drag the file "RegulSaveCleaner" into the terminal and in the terminal press Enter (I'll add this to the instructions right now).
Test Subject
#166 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 4:18 AM
I seem to be having some problems with RegulSaveCleaner 3.0.0 for Windows, both the .NET 6 and 4.6.1 versions. Upon trying to run it, each time it creates a log text file with the following error message:
Code:
[08.07.2022 05.12.50.717] | Fatal | [Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.AvaloniaXamlLoader.Load()] Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.XamlLoadException: No precompiled XAML found for avares://RegulSaveCleaner.Assets/Localization/.axaml (baseUri: resm:Styles?assembly=RegulSaveCleaner), make sure to specify x:Class and include your XAML file as AvaloniaResource
   at Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.AvaloniaXamlLoader.Load(Uri uri, Uri baseUri) in /_/src/Markup/Avalonia.Markup.Xaml/AvaloniaXamlLoader.cs:line 74
   at Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.Styling.StyleInclude.get_Loaded() in /_/src/Markup/Avalonia.Markup.Xaml/Styling/StyleInclude.cs:line 54
   at Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.Styling.StyleInclude.TryGetResource(Object key, Object& value) in /_/src/Markup/Avalonia.Markup.Xaml/Styling/StyleInclude.cs:line 91
   at Avalonia.Styling.Styles.TryGetResource(Object key, Object& value) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Styling/Styles.cs:line 128
   at Avalonia.Application.Avalonia.Controls.IResourceNode.TryGetResource(Object key, Object& value) in /_/src/Avalonia.Controls/Application.cs:line 200
   at Avalonia.Controls.ResourceNodeExtensions.TryFindResource(IResourceHost control, Object key, Object& value) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Controls/ResourceNodeExtensions.cs:line 47
   at Avalonia.Controls.ResourceNodeExtensions.FindResource(IResourceHost control, Object key) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Controls/ResourceNodeExtensions.cs:line 23
   at Avalonia.Controls.ResourceNodeExtensions.FloatingResourceObservable.PublishNext() in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Controls/ResourceNodeExtensions.cs:line 155
   at Avalonia.Controls.ResourceNodeExtensions.FloatingResourceObservable.ResourcesChanged(Object sender, ResourcesChangedEventArgs e) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Controls/ResourceNodeExtensions.cs:line 178
   at Avalonia.Application.Avalonia.Controls.IResourceHost.NotifyHostedResourcesChanged(ResourcesChangedEventArgs e) in /_/src/Avalonia.Controls/Application.cs:line 207
   at Avalonia.Controls.ResourceDictionary.Avalonia.Controls.IResourceProvider.RemoveOwner(IResourceHost owner) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Controls/ResourceDictionary.cs:line 175
   at Avalonia.Styling.StyleBase.Avalonia.Controls.IResourceProvider.RemoveOwner(IResourceHost owner) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Styling/StyleBase.cs:line 122
   at Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.Styling.StyleInclude.Avalonia.Controls.IResourceProvider.RemoveOwner(IResourceHost owner) in /_/src/Markup/Avalonia.Markup.Xaml/Styling/StyleInclude.cs:line 99
   at Avalonia.Styling.Styles.<OnCollectionChanged>g__Remove|52_2(IList items) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Styling/Styles.cs:line 269
   at Avalonia.Styling.Styles.OnCollectionChanged(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Styling/Styles.cs:line 289
   at Avalonia.Collections.AvaloniaList`1.set_Item(Int32 index, T value) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Collections/AvaloniaList.cs:line 170
   at Avalonia.Styling.Styles.set_Item(Int32 index, IStyle value) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Styling/Styles.cs:line 109
   at RegulSaveCleaner.App.InitializeLanguage()
   at RegulSaveCleaner.App.Initialize()
   at Avalonia.Controls.AppBuilderBase`1.Setup() in /_/src/Avalonia.Controls/AppBuilderBase.cs:line 287
   at Avalonia.Controls.AppBuilderBase`1.SetupWithLifetime(IApplicationLifetime lifetime) in /_/src/Avalonia.Controls/AppBuilderBase.cs:line 148
   at Avalonia.ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetimeExtensions.StartWithClassicDesktopLifetime[T](T builder, String[] args, ShutdownMode shutdownMode) in /_/src/Avalonia.Controls/ApplicationLifetimes/ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetime.cs:line 208
   at RegulSaveCleaner.Program.Main(String[] args)

I'm not all that much of a coding pro, but my first thought would be problems with localisation files, as I'm using a Windows 11 PC with the OS locale set to nb-NO (Norwegian). I did also notice that my Windows 11 insists on running a Windows Defender scan of the app when I run it, but it'd surprise me if it causes this kind of error.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#167 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dandelion Sprout
I seem to be having some problems with RegulSaveCleaner 3.0.0 for Windows, both the .NET 6 and 4.6.1 versions. Upon trying to run it, each time it creates a log text file with the following error message:
Code:
[08.07.2022 05.12.50.717] | Fatal | [Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.AvaloniaXamlLoader.Load()] Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.XamlLoadException: No precompiled XAML found for avares://RegulSaveCleaner.Assets/Localization/.axaml (baseUri: resm:Styles?assembly=RegulSaveCleaner), make sure to specify x:Class and include your XAML file as AvaloniaResource
   at Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.AvaloniaXamlLoader.Load(Uri uri, Uri baseUri) in /_/src/Markup/Avalonia.Markup.Xaml/AvaloniaXamlLoader.cs:line 74
   at Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.Styling.StyleInclude.get_Loaded() in /_/src/Markup/Avalonia.Markup.Xaml/Styling/StyleInclude.cs:line 54
   at Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.Styling.StyleInclude.TryGetResource(Object key, Object& value) in /_/src/Markup/Avalonia.Markup.Xaml/Styling/StyleInclude.cs:line 91
   at Avalonia.Styling.Styles.TryGetResource(Object key, Object& value) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Styling/Styles.cs:line 128
   at Avalonia.Application.Avalonia.Controls.IResourceNode.TryGetResource(Object key, Object& value) in /_/src/Avalonia.Controls/Application.cs:line 200
   at Avalonia.Controls.ResourceNodeExtensions.TryFindResource(IResourceHost control, Object key, Object& value) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Controls/ResourceNodeExtensions.cs:line 47
   at Avalonia.Controls.ResourceNodeExtensions.FindResource(IResourceHost control, Object key) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Controls/ResourceNodeExtensions.cs:line 23
   at Avalonia.Controls.ResourceNodeExtensions.FloatingResourceObservable.PublishNext() in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Controls/ResourceNodeExtensions.cs:line 155
   at Avalonia.Controls.ResourceNodeExtensions.FloatingResourceObservable.ResourcesChanged(Object sender, ResourcesChangedEventArgs e) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Controls/ResourceNodeExtensions.cs:line 178
   at Avalonia.Application.Avalonia.Controls.IResourceHost.NotifyHostedResourcesChanged(ResourcesChangedEventArgs e) in /_/src/Avalonia.Controls/Application.cs:line 207
   at Avalonia.Controls.ResourceDictionary.Avalonia.Controls.IResourceProvider.RemoveOwner(IResourceHost owner) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Controls/ResourceDictionary.cs:line 175
   at Avalonia.Styling.StyleBase.Avalonia.Controls.IResourceProvider.RemoveOwner(IResourceHost owner) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Styling/StyleBase.cs:line 122
   at Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.Styling.StyleInclude.Avalonia.Controls.IResourceProvider.RemoveOwner(IResourceHost owner) in /_/src/Markup/Avalonia.Markup.Xaml/Styling/StyleInclude.cs:line 99
   at Avalonia.Styling.Styles.<OnCollectionChanged>g__Remove|52_2(IList items) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Styling/Styles.cs:line 269
   at Avalonia.Styling.Styles.OnCollectionChanged(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Styling/Styles.cs:line 289
   at Avalonia.Collections.AvaloniaList`1.set_Item(Int32 index, T value) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Collections/AvaloniaList.cs:line 170
   at Avalonia.Styling.Styles.set_Item(Int32 index, IStyle value) in /_/src/Avalonia.Base/Styling/Styles.cs:line 109
   at RegulSaveCleaner.App.InitializeLanguage()
   at RegulSaveCleaner.App.Initialize()
   at Avalonia.Controls.AppBuilderBase`1.Setup() in /_/src/Avalonia.Controls/AppBuilderBase.cs:line 287
   at Avalonia.Controls.AppBuilderBase`1.SetupWithLifetime(IApplicationLifetime lifetime) in /_/src/Avalonia.Controls/AppBuilderBase.cs:line 148
   at Avalonia.ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetimeExtensions.StartWithClassicDesktopLifetime[T](T builder, String[] args, ShutdownMode shutdownMode) in /_/src/Avalonia.Controls/ApplicationLifetimes/ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetime.cs:line 208
   at RegulSaveCleaner.Program.Main(String[] args)

I'm not all that much of a coding pro, but my first thought would be problems with localisation files, as I'm using a Windows 11 PC with the OS locale set to nb-NO (Norwegian). I did also notice that my Windows 11 insists on running a Windows Defender scan of the app when I run it, but it'd surprise me if it causes this kind of error.

Antivirus is false, the program is safe to use, otherwise this download would have been blocked long ago.

The program seems to have detected an empty language code (and how is that possible?). There is nothing wrong with the localization files. Also your language code is different from what is in the program. I suggest you a workaround: download the settings file, create a folder "Settings" in the program (if you don't have one) and put the settings file in that folder. If anyone encounters this, find the Language section in the settings file and change the language code to your own.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  regulSettings.zip (639 Bytes, 25 downloads)
Test Subject
#168 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 7:02 AM
I can confirm that the settings file works. Thanks.

Now that you mention language codes, I know that quite a few tech projects over the years have run into problems with whether to use "nb" or "no" for Norwegian (They're usually the same in everyday life), with OSs (esp. Android) usually requiring "nb". Usually I've recommended to those projects to make one of them the alias of the other, just in case.

I knew that your program is 110% safe, but who knew at the time what Windows Defender would think, with its whole "Let's treat all rarely downloaded exes as suspicious by default" thingie.
Test Subject
#169 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 9:47 AM
the program does not open, it gives an error "unknown software exception (0x0434352) in the application at 0x000000007646С7D2.
And creates a text file with content:

[09.07.2022 13:37:09.144] | Fatal | [PleasantUI.PleasantTheme.InitStyles()] System.TypeInitializationException: Инициализатор типа "PleasantUI.PleasantUiSettings" выдал исключение. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Заданное приведение является недопустимым.
в PleasantUI.Extensions.ThemeExtensions.WindowsThemeIsLight()
в PleasantUI.PleasantUiSettings.Setup()
в PleasantUI.PleasantUiSettings..ctor()
в PleasantUI.PleasantUiSettings..cctor()
--- Конец трассировки внутреннего стека исключений ---
в PleasantUI.PleasantTheme.InitStyles(Uri baseUri)
в PleasantUI.PleasantTheme..ctor(IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
в RegulSaveCleaner.App.!XamlIlPopulate(IServiceProvider , App )
в RegulSaveCleaner.App.!XamlIlPopulateTrampoline(App )
в RegulSaveCleaner.App.Initialize()
в Avalonia.Controls.AppBuilderBase`1.Setup()
в Avalonia.ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetimeExtensions.StartWithClassicDesktopLifetime[T](T builder, String[] args, ShutdownMode shutdownMode)
в RegulSaveCleaner.Program.Main(String[] args)
[09.07.2022 13:37:21.696] | Fatal | [PleasantUI.PleasantTheme.InitStyles()] System.TypeInitializationException: Инициализатор типа "PleasantUI.PleasantUiSettings" выдал исключение. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Заданное приведение является недопустимым.
в Avalonia.ClassicDesktopStyleApplicationLifetimeExtensions.StartWithClassicDesktopLifetime[T](T builder, String[] args, ShutdownMode shutdownMode)
[09.07.2022 13:37:27.704] | Fatal | [PleasantUI.PleasantTheme.InitStyles()] System.TypeInitializationException: Инициализатор типа "PleasantUI.PleasantUiSettings" выдал исключение. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Заданное приведение является недопустимым.
[09.07.2022 13:37:33.673] | Fatal | [PleasantUI.PleasantTheme.InitStyles()] System.TypeInitializationException: Инициализатор типа "PleasantUI.PleasantUiSettings" выдал исключение. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Заданное приведение является недопустимым.
[09.07.2022 13:44:20.607] | Fatal | [PleasantUI.PleasantTheme.InitStyles()] System.TypeInitializationException: Инициализатор типа "PleasantUI.PleasantUiSettings" выдал исключение. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Заданное приведение является недопустимым.
Test Subject
#170 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 2:09 PM
when I tried to clean my save my Mac popped up the following content and the program crashed

[09.07.2022 20:44:33.859] | Fatal | [System.IO.Strategies.FileStreamHelpers.Lock()] System.PlatformNotSupportedException: Locking/unlocking file regions is not supported on this platform. Use FileShare on the entire file instead.
at System.IO.Strategies.FileStreamHelpers.Lock(SafeFileHandle handle, Boolean canWrite, Int64 position, Int64 length)
at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy.Lock(Int64 position, Int64 length)
at System.IO.Strategies.BufferedFileStreamStrategy.Lock(Int64 position, Int64 length)
at System.IO.FileStream.Lock(Int64 position, Int64 length)
at Regul.S3PI.Package.Package.SavePackage()
at RegulSaveCleaner.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.Clean(LoadingWindow loadingWindow, List`1 cleaningResults)
at RegulSaveCleaner.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass53_0.<StartCleaning>b__0()
at System.Threading.Thread.StartCallback()
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#171 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Agnelid
the program does not open, it gives an error "unknown software exception (0x0434352) in the application at 0x000000007646С7D2.
And creates a text file with content:

Hi, please tell me your operating system. The problem is related to the definition of the theme on the OS.

Quote: Originally posted by saewasuic
when I tried to clean my save my Mac popped up the following content and the program crashed

Strange that no one reported it, although this error appears with 100% probability. Thank you very much for the information!
Test Subject
#172 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 7:41 AM Last edited by Agnelid : 19th Jul 2022 at 7:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Onebeld
Hi, please tell me your operating system. The problem is related to the definition of the theme on the OS.

Windows 10

Update: Sorry, I answered late, just downloaded the updated version, now there is no such problem
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator THANKS POST
#173 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 3:56 PM
Hey! Just wanted to say, keep up the awesome work!

I downloaded the tool back when it came out, but hadn't gotten around yet to grab the update yet (Till today) and it blew me away with how many awesome features you've added after that very first version! I mean, image saving?! And getting to choose which Thumbnails/images you'd like to delete? I love it Saves me some time too to be able to save/store these or delete them myself in S3PE Other than that, I just want to say as a UX designer myself, I absolutely adore the Themes you've made as well as how easy it is to understand the tool without needing to find a tutorial on how to use it!

Anyways, all I wanted to really say is, thank you! And keep up the hard work!
Test Subject
#174 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 12:59 PM
I can't seem to be able to clean any saves (Acess Denied)
When I click "start cleaning", it will instantly open up a txt file, and close a few seconds after. From what I can tell, it says "acess denied":

[20.07.2022 08:49:36.715] | Fatal | [System.IO.RandomAccess.WriteAtOffset()] System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\USUARIOS\PERFIL\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves\Appaloosa Plains.sims3\AppaloosaPlains_0x0c50c56dExportDB.package' is denied.
at System.IO.RandomAccess.WriteAtOffset(SafeFileHandle handle, ReadOnlySpan`1 buffer, Int64 fileOffset)
at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy.Write(ReadOnlySpan`1 buffer)
at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.Strategies.BufferedFileStreamStrategy.WriteSpan(ReadOnlySpan`1 source, ArraySegment`1 arraySegment)
at System.IO.Strategies.BufferedFileStreamStrategy.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.FileStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at RegulSaveCleaner.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.Clean(LoadingWindow loadingWindow, List`1 cleaningResults)
at RegulSaveCleaner.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass53_0.<StartCleaning>b__0()

Operating System information:
OS name: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.19043.0
OS platform: Win32NT
OS architecture: X64

Default language information:
Name: pt-BR
Display name: português (Brasil)
English name: Portuguese (Brazil)
2-letter ISO name: pt
3-letter ISO name: por

Other information:
.NET version: .NET 6.0.7
Process architecture: X64

[20.07.2022 08:50:27.920] | Fatal | [System.IO.RandomAccess.WriteAtOffset()] System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\USUARIOS\PERFIL\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves\Appaloosa Plains.sims3\AppaloosaPlains_0x0c50c56dExportDB.package' is denied.
at System.IO.RandomAccess.WriteAtOffset(SafeFileHandle handle, ReadOnlySpan`1 buffer, Int64 fileOffset)
at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.Strategies.BufferedFileStreamStrategy.WriteSpan(ReadOnlySpan`1 source, ArraySegment`1 arraySegment)
at System.IO.Strategies.BufferedFileStreamStrategy.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.BinaryWriter.Write(Byte[] buffer)

Other information:

[20.07.2022 08:57:27.445] | Fatal | [System.IO.RandomAccess.WriteAtOffset()] System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\USUARIOS\PERFIL\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves\Appaloosa Plains.sims3\AppaloosaPlains_0x0c50c56dExportDB.package' is denied.

Other information:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#175 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hey! Just wanted to say, keep up the awesome work!..

Hi, I'm glad you like this tool!

Quote: Originally posted by Amorbus12
When I click "start cleaning", it will instantly open up a txt file, and close a few seconds after. From what I can tell, it says "acess denied":..

It seems that your save (folder or file) has a "Read Only" attribute, which prevents the program from "replacing" the old file. Right-click on the file or folder, go to properties and make sure the "Read Only" option is unchecked.
If that does not help, try running the tool as administrator.
Page 7 of 11