Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 10:10 AM
DazStudio 4.5?
Forgive me if I'm not posting this in the correct place.

I just downloaded DazStudio 4.5 (it was free and I thought why not?) and I was wondering if you can use it to create Sims 3 hair/clothes/poses/animations?

And if possible, do you know of any add-ons that I need to make these?
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 5:15 PM
you still need Milkshape or Blender to convert the obj format(for CASparts that is)
Maybe if CMAR adds OBJ format to Toolkit, then people will be able to use any 3d program of their choice
Think poses and animations are best done with Blender
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd May 2016 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
you still need Milkshape or Blender to convert the obj format(for CASparts that is)
Maybe if CMAR adds OBJ format to Toolkit, then people will be able to use any 3d program of their choice
Think poses and animations are best done with Blender

This would be Awesome and so much easier for animating and posing too. I have Daz 4.9 and Poser 10, would LOVE it if CMAR, one of The Gods of for animations could add in the code for open 3D programs.

I have had to import a sim .obj to adjust the scale on my figures in Daz to make sure they line up proper for poses or animation sequences before I upload to blender to Upload to game. Wow it's a cycle for sure.

Good Luck