Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 7:20 PM
Default Help with making NEW minor pet types
I was trying to find a tutorial on how to create custom non replacement minor pets, but all I get when I search is "Stock more minor pets per cage!"

And honestly I do not want to use S3PE. Because I have so many other modding tools already, and I don't want to download another one.

I just want to do some minor ( ) mesh editing and a custom texture, based off of a cloned minor pet. (I think I want to start with a rat)

Can anyone help me with this?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 8:18 PM
It might be possible with S3OC. If you use 'Cloning>CAS part' you will see AC as in Adult cat body. you'll also find some EA painted fur patterns in there. If you clone it and make sure you check the 'renumber/rename internally' you'll be fine. I'd take a look at the 'Ac tail' and 'acTailstub' in case you want to really go deep and see if it works the same as creating clothing. (I think it works this way though, since someone was able to make plumbot parts, and so far I can see, it basically works the same as making clothing for sims (since you're editing the sims body and can select more 'bodies' if we're not thinking about giving our sim different clothing. It's like these toys that you have to change bodies with to give it a different outfit... that's the sims).

But if you want to use TSRW, there are some issues.. so the mesh preview doesn't show the dog if you're looking at the tail I mentioned. You can, however edit the meshing milkshape, or meshing it in Blender, go to milkshape to finish it up, import it in TSRW and see if it works out. You just can't use the 3d viewer since it's all white in TSRW.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
It might be possible with S3OC. If you use 'Cloning>CAS part' you will see AC as in Adult cat body. you'll also find some EA painted fur patterns in there. If you clone it and make sure you check the 'renumber/rename internally' you'll be fine. I'd take a look at the 'Ac tail' and 'acTailstub' in case you want to really go deep and see if it works the same as creating clothing. (I think it works this way though, since someone was able to make plumbot parts, and so far I can see, it basically works the same as making clothing for sims (since you're editing the sims body and can select more 'bodies' if we're not thinking about giving our sim different clothing. It's like these toys that you have to change bodies with to give it a different outfit... that's the sims).

But if you want to use TSRW, there are some issues.. so the mesh preview doesn't show the dog if you're looking at the tail I mentioned. You can, however edit the meshing milkshape, or meshing it in Blender, go to milkshape to finish it up, import it in TSRW and see if it works out. You just can't use the 3d viewer since it's all white in TSRW.

Thanks, but I am not doing cats, dogs, or horses. I'm doing the minor collectible pets, like birds, snakes, rodents, turtles, and lizards. Is there a way I can make one of those?
Inventor
#4 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 8:54 PM Last edited by Arsil : 8th Jul 2016 at 9:36 PM.
Not without some coding. Search the forum for this topic, it was already discussed multiple times.

EDIT: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...564#post4718564
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 7:11 PM
So all I really need to do now is register my custom rodent species in an XML? okiedoke.
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 1:00 PM
One thing, like you mentioned in your first post, this one is for birds. I'm not sure if Arsil or anyone has some rodent scripted download, but if you will use this one your rat is probably going to look all stretchy. You could take a look at the bird script and see how Arsil did it? (if making a rat is really what you want).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 2:39 AM
yeah I do. but I have no idea what the rodent script should look like. Wouldn't The XML be like the bird script without the feathers properties and a rodent tag instead of a largebird tag?

Also I am having trouble finding ALL of the scripts that go with rodents. Everything in the package I opened is mixed up, there's no ordering in S3PE.
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 10:58 AM
In the top you can click on 'tag' 'name', etc. and it will organise it the way you like.

Arsil made more like a stand-alone script so far I can tell. Or more like, a script that made it possible to have another kind of bird. But the rodent and the bird script isn't easily done. Since the bird has a different animation for example and the rodent too. Else it's not going to look pretty. (Unless it has some sort of CLIP file instead. But still, it should be controlled with a script).

I can't really figure out what Arsil did exactly to make a new kind of race.