Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 1:44 PM
Default Choosing Aspirations
Hi everyone! I love learning how other simmers play their games and I was wondering how you guys chose aspirations for your sims.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 2:43 AM
I like to stick with the Aspiration they were born or generated with, but theres always a few on the side, like if you living in a mansion then selecting Mansion Baron will give you a big chunk of points without actually doing anything.
Scholar
#3 Old 24th Oct 2022 at 10:32 PM
I assign them the aspiration that comes with the correct bonus trait I want them to have. A stay at home parent is way more likely to get City Native (providing Home Turf, a bonus for being in their home neighborhood) than Super Parent (providing Domestic what just gives better relationships with family members). A gardener who doesn't go collecting doesn't get anything from the Collector bonus trait that comes with the Gardening aspiration, I'd rather give them Cuisine for their starting one and then switch to Freelance Botanist the moment they leave CAS. The bonus trait from the Batuu aspiration is great for explorers, even if they never ever go to Batuu - it fills needs whenever the sim travels.

Then in actual gameplay I switch aspirations to whatever my current short-term goals are and whatever gives me points. Since I only allow reward store traits that are "in character" for my sims, they often have excess points, but I just can't stop farming them regardless.