Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 11:46 PM Last edited by animenut31 : 13th Sep 2011 at 12:14 AM.
Default how do i....
change a .dds file into a .package file? what would be a good program to convert the files?

what im trying to do is to put a custom painting in the sims 3 game. (its not working) i used the adobe photoshop cs3 program to edit the file. (hence the .dds file).

help would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by animenut31
change a .dds file into a .package file? what would be a good program to convert the files?

what im trying to do is to put a custom painting in the sims 3 game. (its not working) i used the adobe photoshop cs3 program to edit the file. (hence the .dds file).

help would be greatly appreciated!
You cannot change a .dds file into a .package file...fortunately you don't need to in order to make a custom painting. What you're wanting to do is export the existing .dds from the .package, edit it so it has your custom image on it, and then import the edited .dds back into the .package.

The painting tutorial thread you posted in yesterday shows how to do this to make a custom painting. Give it a try and, if you still have questions, post them in that thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
You cannot change a .dds file into a .package file...fortunately you don't need to in order to make a custom painting. What you're wanting to do is export the existing .dds from the .package, edit it so it has your custom image on it, and then import the edited .dds back into the .package.

The painting tutorial thread you posted in yesterday shows how to do this to make a custom painting. Give it a try and, if you still have questions, post them in that thread

thank you for your help