Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2016 at 6:30 AM
Default TestingCheatsEnabled True, Shift-click -> Object/Delete does not work for street signs
Hi all

I am having the exact same issue as in this thread: http://modthesims.info/t/457132

BUT the sign is not selectable to go object/delete. I can't even get the nRaas menu, it's like it's a part of the land itself. So weird.

Anyone got any ideas? It's driving me crazy!

Cheers in advance

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 12th May 2016 at 1:46 PM
Well, street signs are part of the roads. Well see them as a part of the roads. I mean, we can't delete roads, which might be why the street signs won't work out. So I guess there isn't really a way around but editing the world through CAW >-<
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2016 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Well, street signs are part of the roads. Well see them as a part of the roads. I mean, we can't delete roads, which might be why the street signs won't work out. So I guess there isn't really a way around but editing the world through CAW >-<

Thanks for your response! I guess that makes sense. I can open SV in CAW, imported from program files (ie a brand-new SV) but when I try importing the info from my save file to get my currently played world it doesn't open. I can't seem to find a way to edit a world that's being used. If I'm just googling in the wrong places, would someone please point me in the right direction?

Otherwise thanks anyway

Virtual gardener
#4 Old 13th May 2016 at 2:57 PM
Maybe this thread could help you out?: http://modthesims.info/t/471397
Else, make sure your don't run the sims 3 or maybe open one of the files with either savecleaner or S3PE.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th May 2016 at 8:14 AM
I'd tried this ( http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...25#startcomment ) method before but CAW had always crashed. But this time, it worked! Here is what I did, for anyone else looking to edit a played world:

Summary: import .nhd into the .world file of the clean copy.

1) Create a copy of the world in an unplayed state as detailed in http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469942 . You may want to check it opens ok in CAW at this time. Close it once you're satisfied.

2)a Use S3PE to open the "WorldYouWantToEdit.world" found in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Create A World Tool/UserToolData/Worlds.
b Along the top click "Resource -> Import from -> Package" and browse to the the yourworld.nhd file in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves/******.sims3
c Change nothing in the dialogue, just click 'import'. When it asks to autosave after each package, click 'no' (would take a long time and S3PE crashed once when I clicked yes by accident. Not recommended. Works well enough with no.)
d I suggest "Save As" instead of "Save" so the unmodified file is available should you need to try again. (You probably will.) Close the file in S3PE.

3) Attempt to open your .world in CAW! If it works, great! If it doesn't, don't panic, sometimes these things are picky and you probably sat at the computer wrong or something. Try again.

Getting the world to open is half the battle. The other half is saving and exporting it once modified. I cannot address this yet, but will update if I remember to! But I can finally delete that damned street sign. So satisfying.

Happy simming
Sheep

P.S. Hint: In the CAW folder of the same world name, delete the subfolder called "Lots" if it is there.

Virtual gardener
#6 Old 15th May 2016 at 1:53 PM
Glad you figured it out! Let me know if you succeed to delete that annoying street sign! ^-^