Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 7:21 AM
Default .sims3pack to .package conversions won't load in Blender
The Sims Resource has all the objects I am wishing to use as props in my poses, but everything is .sims3pack. Once I convert them to .package files and try to load them as props in Blender, it either has a traceback error or Blender crashes completely. I have Blender 2.67 installed and all the objects I downloaded from TSR are at least 2-3 years old. Are the packages you get from Delphy's multi-extractor different than normal packages? I have no problems when importing .package files that weren't originally .sims3pack.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 11:11 AM
It's not the extractor, nor the sims3pack (since these weren't updated since the pets patch so far I can tell, if they would have been updated at all). It's actually the blender version you use. Each time Blender releases a new blender version, it will break plugins. I would say using the suggested Blender version that the site you downloaded the plugin from the site.

Here is the link to the older versions of Blender: http://download.blender.org/release/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
It's not the extractor, nor the sims3pack (since these weren't updated since the pets patch so far I can tell, if they would have been updated at all). It's actually the blender version you use. Each time Blender releases a new blender version, it will break plugins. I would say using the suggested Blender version that the site you downloaded the plugin from the site.

Here is the link to the older versions of Blender: http://download.blender.org/release/

I downloaded the plugin and my rigs from some Tumblr page, and everyone recommends version 2.67 of Blender, which I have. I don't believe the plugin works with any other version after 2.67.
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 11:21 AM
And you do have the b version of the 2.67 blender? Else the issue might be the fact it uses an old bones system (Which EA changed somewhere back in 2011.)

What's Blender saying when it gives you the traceback error?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 6:45 AM
And you do have the b version of the 2.67 blender? Else the issue might be the fact it uses an old bones system (Which EA changed somewhere back in 2011.)

What's Blender saying when it gives you the traceback error?
https://imgur.com/gallery/ELuSL
I blurred the name out because I am using a friend's PC. And no, I don't have the B version, I'm pretty sure.
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 10:25 AM
According to the traceback error, it seems to load everything pretty well, just not the faces of the mesh.

You did make sure you used 'load prop' right? The way CASparts and Objects (or props) are packed in the .package file, which is why these two are seperated from each other when you would look at the script.

Anyway, if you look at the window where you see all these names (affeet, afbody, afeyes, etc). Do you see something in that list that isn't anything that starts with 'af' (which stands for adult female). Or RIG? Because then, Blender did import the object, it's just.... invisible. Or so far I can read from that traceback error, that might be the case, or it's not loading at all.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 1:36 PM
According to the traceback error, it seems to load everything pretty well, just not the faces of the mesh.

You did make sure you used 'load prop' right? The way CASparts and Objects (or props) are packed in the .package file, which is why these two are seperated from each other when you would look at the script.

Anyway, if you look at the window where you see all these names (affeet, afbody, afeyes, etc). Do you see something in that list that isn't anything that starts with 'af' (which stands for adult female). Or RIG? Because then, Blender did import the object, it's just.... invisible. Or so far I can read from that traceback error, that might be the case, or it's not loading at all.
It appears to be just invisible. On the right, a sculpture rig appeared when I imported the prop, but I don't see anything.

♦ a raggy soul of the simmer variety ♦
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th May 2017 at 4:18 PM
I seem to be having this problem as well, though it isn't with models themselves it's the hair! They just won't load, blender insists on giving me errors every time I load a hair! May I ask for some assistance?
Virtual gardener
#9 Old 30th May 2017 at 8:16 PM
I do know that some high poly meshes is something the plugin hates to import and basically goes all "nope bye" whenever that happens With that, I mean like newsea hair, or leahlilith, etc. If it's a cloned EA hair (or store even) Thennn it should import it without any trouble! (If you went with either Blender 2.67 or 2.65) The plugin just seems to be a bit broken, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't >.< Also make sure the hair is not an old CASpart! Like, something before the pets patch
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 7:09 PM
I do know that some high poly meshes is something the plugin hates to import and basically goes all "nope bye" whenever that happens With that, I mean like newsea hair, or leahlilith, etc. If it's a cloned EA hair (or store even) Thennn it should import it without any trouble! (If you went with either Blender 2.67 or 2.65) The plugin just seems to be a bit broken, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't >.< Also make sure the hair is not an old CASpart! Like, something before the pets patch

Darn! I knew that could have been the problem! Though, I have a lot of Kijiko Hair and those don't seem to load either, however one did load correctly; while the others never showed and gave me an error! Is it like a version issue? Or...?
Virtual gardener
#11 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 10:29 AM
Hmm I'm not sure yet actually, I think it's a version issue, but then again, I tried basically all blender versions that should be compatible with the plugin and usually they kinda work? I guess it's due to the granny bones, a bones system the sims 3 used to have before the pets patch, and I remember CC like that either will crash on you ooor not, though Kijiko's hairs should do fine!

I actually have a work around from not having to use the plugin which includes Milkshape, sadly:
Open S3PE - Export the highest LOD, from a GEOM file. It should say S3_NAME.simgeom whenever you're exporting it
- Import it with Milkshape's GEOM tool
- Export it as a OBJ (If you wanna work with bones, I'd suggest checking out Blender's M3SD in-build plugin, which basically let's you opens up milkshape saves within blender, so in that case, you wanna save your project in Milkshape first)
- Import the OBJ into blender, or open the M3SD save. Do make sure you already checked it in the plugin viewer.

And tada! Pretty much a work-around but it works! I rather skip the milkshape bits too though but it seems to be the most ts3 compatible 3D program out there, especially when it comes to milkshape's in build stuff. I usually mesh my stuff in Blender, since I hate meshing it in Milkshape. Dang you 4 screen windows! >->
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 8:34 AM
Hmm I'm not sure yet actually, I think it's a version issue, but then again, I tried basically all blender versions that should be compatible with the plugin and usually they kinda work? I guess it's due to the granny bones, a bones system the sims 3 used to have before the pets patch, and I remember CC like that either will crash on you ooor not, though Kijiko's hairs should do fine!

I actually have a work around from not having to use the plugin which includes Milkshape, sadly:
Open S3PE - Export the highest LOD, from a GEOM file. It should say S3_NAME.simgeom whenever you're exporting it
- Import it with Milkshape's GEOM tool
- Export it as a OBJ (If you wanna work with bones, I'd suggest checking out Blender's M3SD in-build plugin, which basically let's you opens up milkshape saves within blender, so in that case, you wanna save your project in Milkshape first)
- Import the OBJ into blender, or open the M3SD save. Do make sure you already checked it in the plugin viewer.

And tada! Pretty much a work-around but it works! I rather skip the milkshape bits too though but it seems to be the most ts3 compatible 3D program out there, especially when it comes to milkshape's in build stuff. I usually mesh my stuff in Blender, since I hate meshing it in Milkshape. Dang you 4 screen windows! >->

Excuse the late reply, as I have been busy! I've tried that method with little results, how unfortunate! Though I do have this, it's the error that I keep getting when importing .package file into Blender: http://sta.sh/02c97rh9xf4k
I wish I knew the problem...!