Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2022 at 6:06 PM
Default Sims 4 changing UI Character portrait selection size only
Hi everyone, so I finally got a much stronger computer, and am returning to the Sim 4 (and 3 later on) after nearly 4 years away from it. I have a question about the UI size. Now I understand that I can use the UIscale manually change ini setting, or the UI scaling under accessibility, but that changes the whole UI, which I don't want. Let me try to explain more clearly.
So I love playing with 8+ sims households (biggest I gotten was 20+ using mods obviously, but back then my older computer couldn't handle it). However the problem with that is then their portraits wher eyou select them gets so small that it's hard to see. If I change the UI size using the methods listed above, then the whole thing gets changed, which makes other UI things (like the simology needs etc) too small, or too big.
TL;DR version is, is there a mod or UI mod that lets me only change the size of the sims character selection portrait size? I could have sworn there was one, but it's been such a long time, or I didn't search the terms correctly. That would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 1:13 PM
I could be wrong (anything is possible ) but I don't think there's a mod or cheat that can change only a certain area within the game screen, such as the UI. As I said in a previous post some time ago, if the sim portraits are made bigger, more gamespace will be used - and the more sims, the more space taken up. 20 portraits blown up could possibly cover the whole screen and you won't be able to see what's happening. Which is why Maxis in their wisdom (WHAT ????) shrinks the portraits down with each added sim.

I'd love to see how they handle something like this with Sims 5

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury