Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 4 Ultimate Mod Manager V1.2 - SUBFOLDER SUPPORT

by Jibby Posted 22nd Jun 2019 at 5:56 PM - Updated 27th Jul 2019 at 12:57 AM by Jibby

170 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 127 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Test Subject
#101 Old 15th Dec 2019 at 11:38 PM Last edited by genderneutralnoun : 15th Dec 2019 at 11:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jibby

Hi everyone! If you didn't see my post on other platforms, I'm currently working on The Sims 4 Ultimate Mod Manager version 2.0 - a complete rewrite and redesign of the application with more features and a better user experience.

When working on what would have been 1.3, I realised that there were too many bodges and bad coding practices ingrained too deeply in the core of the program which made adding and maintaining things a real headache. Being a total programming noob when I first started development, the main code that runs the program is all over the place and extremely over-complicated. I barely even know what most of it even does anymore and I wrote it!

Taking what I've learned over the course of making The Sims 4 Ultimate Mod Manager, I feel it's time to start again and do it right this time. Bringing things back to the point we're at now will likely take some time, but I promise it will be worth it! I've got big plans for the future of this program, but to achieve them, this is a 100% necessary step.

Thanks so much!

Awesome! I've only recently gotten into modding the Sims and your tool has been invaluable, I can't wait to see how it'll be even better! Is there a specific place I can follow your development? Perhaps even where others can donate to you? I don't have the funds to donate, but I'm sure others would love to support you!

Edit: Also, I have a suggestion: To save space and consistency, I think a better system than having separate folders for mods would be to have them all in one place, but have different "profiles", and check or uncheck specific mods, like with Mod Organizer 2 (for Bethesda games). Also a way to check for errors would be great, like the old TS4 mod manager had. I have no idea how hard either of those would be to implement, though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#102 Old 16th Dec 2019 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by genderneutralnoun
Awesome! I've only recently gotten into modding the Sims and your tool has been invaluable, I can't wait to see how it'll be even better! Is there a specific place I can follow your development? Perhaps even where others can donate to you? I don't have the funds to donate, but I'm sure others would love to support you!

Edit: Also, I have a suggestion: To save space and consistency, I think a better system than having separate folders for mods would be to have them all in one place, but have different "profiles", and check or uncheck specific mods, like with Mod Organizer 2 (for Bethesda games). Also a way to check for errors would be great, like the old TS4 mod manager had. I have no idea how hard either of those would be to implement, though.

Hey, glad to hear you're excited about Version 2! I have a Twitter account for development updates, but I'm not allowed to post the link here. You should be able to find it pretty easy though!

As for donations, I don't currently take them and it's not something I'm really looking into at the moment, but I appreciate the sentiment

Thank you for the suggestions, with this new iteration comes the perfect chance to experiment with new ideas, so I'll definitely be keeping them in mind!
Test Subject
#103 Old 11th Jan 2020 at 4:43 AM
Copied the exe to the same directory asT S4-x64.exe. The Game\Bin directory. When I try to run the exe I get a message that it can't find ts4-x64.exe. Apparently this is on me. Maybe some install instructions might help.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#104 Old 12th Jan 2020 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gottaluvthesims
Copied the exe to the same directory asT S4-x64.exe. The Game\Bin directory. When I try to run the exe I get a message that it can't find ts4-x64.exe. Apparently this is on me. Maybe some install instructions might help.

Hi there! This happens if your Sims 4 exe isn't in the default install location, or the application just fails to detect it for whatever reason. When you click OK, a browse dialogue should pop up that lets you manually select it - then you should be all set!

The 'this one's on you' was intended to be a quirky way of saying that you'll have to take responsibility for finding the file, but I can understand how it might be misleading and not quite informative enough, so I'll see about rewording it - my apologies there. Also, the application's exe can be anywhere; you don't have to put it in your bin folder.

I really hope that helps! Please let me know if you're still having issues and I'll do my best to help get it all sorted
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 2:27 PM
Is there a way to change where the libraries are stored? I'd like them on a different drive so I don't clog up the drive with my documents.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#106 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arwe
Is there a way to change where the libraries are stored? I'd like them on a different drive so I don't clog up the drive with my documents.

I'm afraid it isn't possible in the current version

In 2.0 (which is currently in development), this will be fully configurable though!
Test Subject
#107 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 1:34 PM
Can't wait for 2.0 ^_^

Quote: Originally posted by Jibby
I'm afraid it isn't possible in the current version

In 2.0 (which is currently in development), this will be fully configurable though!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 3rd Feb 2020 at 1:35 PM
Hi. Thanks for this wonderful program, maybe i do it wrong but i like to know when after creating more than 20 libraries and added the mods and files.
1 how will the files go back into the library folder i created when i unload ?
2 how can i select all library folders if i want to load them all so i dont have to load 1 by 1.
thanks
Test Subject
#109 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 2:30 AM
Does this mod detect what kind of CC the file is (wall, floor, hair, etc) and auto-categorize them into folders, or is that something that can be added at some point? That's what I want most of all because I have..........almost 5,000 mods. (I have a really good gaming computer, don't look at me like that...)
Test Subject
#110 Old 3rd May 2020 at 3:20 AM
In Mod Conflict Detector application it says 'unable to load game components disabled by user". Help?
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 19th May 2020 at 6:59 AM
is there an option for loading order?
or will there be an option for this?

it's pretty important to me for mod translations
it's usually better for the translation package to load first
Test Subject
#112 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:07 AM
Hi, thank you for this amazing tool! However, I encountered some issue when loading back my biggest library (~ 2k files). Files got mixed up with other libraries that were already loaded. I don't know if it has already been posted, I'm sorry I didn't take time to read all the feedbacks before mine... Thanks again
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#113 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beaminyoongles
Hi, thank you for this amazing tool! However, I encountered some issue when loading back my biggest library (~ 2k files). Files got mixed up with other libraries that were already loaded. I don't know if it has already been posted, I'm sorry I didn't take time to read all the feedbacks before mine... Thanks again

I'm really sorry that my application mixed up your libraries! I've not tested it with large collections, so this behaviour is new to me. I'll keep this in mind for the next version.

And yes, for everybody still checking in, I still intend on releasing version 2, I've just not had enough time to actively work on it lately. It is coming though.

Thanks for your patience!
Test Subject
#114 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 12:22 PM
thanks for the great tool , can you publish the source code plzz ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#115 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiraieee
thanks for the great tool , can you publish the source code plzz ?

Hi there! I don't have plans to publish the source code of this iteration of the application.

However, I am currently in the process of rewriting the application from scratch to allow for more features and (hopefully) cross-compatibility with macOS and Linux.
Making this upcoming new version open source is something I have been seriously considering, but nothing is set in stone just yet.
Test Subject
#116 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 9:04 AM
hi! i'm testing this out, because i was looking for a cc manager to hopefully be able to jump from my cc-heavy setup to no cc so i can build things that don't automatically have the cc flag on them even if i didn't use any. the libraries are confusing me a little though, and i'm seconding the person who suggested profiles like mod organizer 2 (which is basically the feature i'm looking for). from some messing around, it looks like i need to copy cc manually to be able to include it in a second library? for example, i created a library called "no cc", which has absolutely all of my cc unloaded into it. but then of course if i want to make another library for my usual selection of stuff active, there's nothing to choose from because it's all unloaded into "no cc". so would i then need to copy the files i want? and i assume i can't have multiple libraries open at once, which would be the other solution; having separate libraries for create a sim, build mode items, etc., and loading them all together.

the good news is that this program works well with the other sims 4 mod manager i have (copyright logic complex 2014; i forget where i downloaded it from). if i load everything in yours and then open the other manager, it remembers what i had checked and unchecked, so i suppose that's a decent enough workaround for me for now!

in version 2 i'd also love to see some sort of image to provide more info on the items, even if it's just the thumbnail or icon that shows up in the game. it would make organizing and cleaning a lot easier. thank you for all your hard work on this program, it looks great (despite my confusion lmao)!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#117 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by somnomania
hi! i'm testing this out, because i was looking for a cc manager to hopefully be able to jump from my cc-heavy setup to no cc so i can build things that don't automatically have the cc flag on them even if i didn't use any. the libraries are confusing me a little though, and i'm seconding the person who suggested profiles like mod organizer 2 (which is basically the feature i'm looking for). from some messing around, it looks like i need to copy cc manually to be able to include it in a second library? for example, i created a library called "no cc", which has absolutely all of my cc unloaded into it. but then of course if i want to make another library for my usual selection of stuff active, there's nothing to choose from because it's all unloaded into "no cc". so would i then need to copy the files i want? and i assume i can't have multiple libraries open at once, which would be the other solution; having separate libraries for create a sim, build mode items, etc., and loading them all together.

the good news is that this program works well with the other sims 4 mod manager i have (copyright logic complex 2014; i forget where i downloaded it from). if i load everything in yours and then open the other manager, it remembers what i had checked and unchecked, so i suppose that's a decent enough workaround for me for now!

in version 2 i'd also love to see some sort of image to provide more info on the items, even if it's just the thumbnail or icon that shows up in the game. it would make organizing and cleaning a lot easier. thank you for all your hard work on this program, it looks great (despite my confusion lmao)!

Hi somnomania, thank you so much for this genuinely valuable feedback!

You describe a fundamental flaw with my application which I'm 100% aware of (it's bugged me too!) and it's something that I'll be reworking in version 2.0 for sure. A workaround for now would be to have two subfolders in one library. One with your usual selection of mods, and one with the heavy CC collection. That way, you can keep both collections in one library and load/unload the entire subfolders as you need them.

Showing in-game thumbnails in the mod manager is a long term goal of mine, but I haven't been able to figure it out how to achieve this just yet.

Thanks again for your comment and I'm really glad you've found the app useful! If you have any more questions, absolutely feel free to get in touch
Test Subject
#118 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 3:44 PM
I have over 13,000 Mods in my PC. hehe he I need to start cleaning much more efficiently :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#119 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 2:58 PM
Oh wow, this just became a featured upload!

That's so cool, thanks so much :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#120 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 6:35 PM
Thanks mate :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 8:19 PM
Is it functional with the new update? The new update broke everything!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#122 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Merov
Is it functional with the new update? The new update broke everything!

Hi!
This is a standalone application, so it should still function just fine regardless of any updates to the game
Test Subject
#123 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 11:00 AM
Hi, im new to this program, sounds great from what i read. have a question...

im trying to set up 2 libraries to help make things easier when new updates are released.
i made one library for mods and one library for cc. is there a way to load both libraries at same time?

i am hoping this is possible so when necessary i can quickly unload my mods and play with a cc library alone til mod updates are available.

I guess for now i'll just leave my cc in my main mod folder til i have more info.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#124 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misfit203
Hi, im new to this program, sounds great from what i read. have a question...

im trying to set up 2 libraries to help make things easier when new updates are released.
i made one library for mods and one library for cc. is there a way to load both libraries at same time?

i am hoping this is possible so when necessary i can quickly unload my mods and play with a cc library alone til mod updates are available.

I guess for now i'll just leave my cc in my main mod folder til i have more info.

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch!

Unfortunately, this is isn't possible in the current iteration of the application. In the future, I will be adding functionality to allow for something like this, but it's not currently implemented.

As a workaround in the meantime, you could create two subfolders in a single library (one for mods and one for CC) and then load/unload the folders themselves. I understand that's not ideal, but it should let you do what you're looking to do until I can sort out a better solution.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need anything else
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 4:45 PM
Thanks so much, I tried to use Vortex because I already had it for Witcher reasons and it was not about the subfolders.
Page 5 of 7