Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dolphin's Magic Gardening Gnome (updated 2011-07-07)

by dolphin26 Posted 16th Mar 2010 at 7:44 PM - Updated 18th Sep 2012 at 6:47 PM by Buzzler : added link to updated version

359 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 284 Feedback Posts, 74 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 15
Test Subject
#51 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 12:03 PM
^^ I have the same thing.

Josette
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 4:42 PM
Excellent !
We've thinked same idea. I wanted do it with a waterpump. you're faster than me.

It works on my game :
Base game 1.10.6.4002
WA 2.5.12.4002
HELS 3.1.7.4001

Just a little problem : I have french version of Sims (I'm french), and catalog's name and description doesn't appear. I've the "french key value" instead. I have added "strings_FRE_FR" in your package, and problem have disappeared.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babboo
I can't use the "weed option" can you do something about that, I don't need translations but I just would like to see the words not the *** ......*** things...

I've updated translations to use English, so please download another copy and the *** should go away.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neogolfo
Hello, I installed the base game,WA and HELS. When I'm inside the game and using your object, go the same codes when that hateful patch change the language of the game

Pd: I'm Spanish and I am using the google translator ... jejej :D

Please update. Previously this was broke if you used a language other than English. Now it should work (although it still will be in English until someone translates it...)
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 8:22 PM
thanks dolphin26 !!
Test Subject
#56 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 8:35 AM
no go. Same problem as slaughterkitten and used tikis advice and still nothing.
Test Subject
#57 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 11:24 AM
The new version isn't working at all for me, I get no interaction with the gnome. (I have the Dutch version)

Josette
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 4:15 PM
Sorry to everyone that is having problems with non-English languages. My fix didn't work, and I think I know what is wrong. I'll update it again tonight.
Test Subject
#59 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 7:18 PM
if your having no interaction problems go here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=395828
it worked for me
Test Subject
#60 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by angelmarlo
if your having no interaction problems go here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=395828
it worked for me

it didn´t for me
Test Subject
#61 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 9:29 PM Last edited by Princess Robijn : 21st Mar 2010 at 1:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by angelmarlo
it worked for me

The old version worked, it just wasn't practical. It's only the latest version that doesn't give any interactions.

Josette
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Princess Robijn
The old version worked, it just wasn't practically. It's only the latest version that doesn't give any interactions.

Josette

Sorry Josette, the previous version had a problem; try 0.95 please.
Test Subject
#63 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 10:26 PM
Thanks, I'll try that.

Josette
Field Researcher
#64 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 10:46 PM Last edited by Snugglypoo4 : 21st Mar 2010 at 8:34 AM.
YEAH! This version works for me! I'm using the German Sims 3 World Adventures. Thank you so much for all your effort!

BTW, I can translate the text to German if you want.
Test Subject
#65 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dolphin26
Angelmario and Slaughterkitten, are you sure you have your modding framework properly installed? Specifically, you must have d3dx9_31.dll in each of your sim game's bin directory. That means if you have both world adventures and high end loft stuff, you need d3dx9_31.dll in these three directories (assuming you used the defaults during installation):

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff\Game\Bin

If you are missing d3dx9_31.dll in any of these locations, that could cause the problem you speak of, because your game wouldn't recognize non-signed DLLs like the one embedded in my object. I know I had a problem like the one you had when I installed an EP but didn't copy the dll to the new game directory. Standalone objects and XML hacks would probably still work, by script mods like this one would not.

For more information about how to install the modding framework, see this article.

THANK YOU!!! I can finally get mods to work! Would never have thought of putting the file in every bin myself. :D
Test Subject
#66 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 3:52 PM
when i click on it it say no interaction what do i do i have d3dx9_31.dll in sims w.a. h.e.l.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#67 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cross127
when i click on it it say no interaction what do i do i have d3dx9_31.dll in sims w.a. h.e.l.

Make sure you have a fresh copy, there was a version up previously that had a problem, but it's been fixed.
Test Subject
#68 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 1:12 AM
I wanted to say thank you for making this awsome mod and others of yours I have been using. Ive enjoyed your work.
Test Subject
#69 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 12:23 AM
Good job. Here's Russian translation.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Dolphin26_MagicGardeningGnome_Rus.zip (229.6 KB, 205 downloads)
Test Subject
#70 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 1:07 AM
Hi there, This may not have anything to do with your mod, but when I turned the Gnome on he did everything he was supposed to including grow the plants. Looks like my plants were already ready to harvest though. So my sim went to tend the plants and every plant he harvested they died. So odd. haha. So I used the debug shift-click cheat to revive the plant, but no they won't grow anymore because their stage says barren. Ohhhhh well. Guess I have to start over. I'll try again with a plant and report if it dies when he harvests again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#71 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dennistv
Hi there, This may not have anything to do with your mod, but when I turned the Gnome on he did everything he was supposed to including grow the plants. Looks like my plants were already ready to harvest though. So my sim went to tend the plants and every plant he harvested they died. So odd. haha. So I used the debug shift-click cheat to revive the plant, but no they won't grow anymore because their stage says barren. Ohhhhh well. Guess I have to start over. I'll try again with a plant and report if it dies when he harvests again.

This is normal behavior... you just had some unfortunate timing. Plants have only so many harvestables before they die, and if you revive them they are barren. Money trees have a very high number of harvestables so they are basically immortal, but most plants have a relatively low nubmer of harvestables. For example, tomato plants have 20 lifetime harvestables, and apple trees have 40. I've tried to be able to override this behavior using scripting, and have come to the conclusion that it isn't possible that way without having a core hack. However, it would be possible to increase the amount of harvestables for a certain plant type globally using an XML style hack. It looks like someone may have already done it, but I haven't used it:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=396141
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 9:06 AM Last edited by Azureale : 4th Apr 2010 at 7:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Princess Robijn
Lovely work! I am wondering, is there a way to also let the gnome harvest the veggies and put them in the inventory of the active sim?

This would be a great addition. Do you think it is workable ?

It works great in my game (I use it for mostly for weeds) except that after a few hours the gnome will go crazy and keep changing position very quickly (it doesn't prevent him from doing his job).
edit : this happens only when the settings are on "pulse"
Test Subject
#73 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 3:14 AM
dolphin26 great idea... i love the gnome concept but I dont think it works with the latest patch I have Sims3 v1.11.7.005002

anyway you could test your creation against this new version and upload a new gnome download for the latest patch?

many thanks sir for your efforts :D
Test Subject
#74 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 1:14 AM
Hey I finally got the gnome working I hadnt put the frame work in WA and HELS

sorry about that dolphin the gnome works great

thanks so much bro nice work
Test Subject
#75 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by slaughterkitten
okay i will try this and hopefully it will work.. or else no gnomie for me

N thx for the help i appreciate it :F

i hqbe the same problem ill try to and if i notice any thing ill tell u ^_^