Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dolphin's Magic Gardening Gnome (updated 2011-07-07)

by dolphin26 Posted 16th Mar 2010 at 7:44 PM - Updated 18th Sep 2012 at 6:47 PM by Buzzler : added link to updated version

359 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 284 Feedback Posts, 74 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 15
Test Subject
#76 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 12:53 AM
btw THanks alot ur doing a realy good jop by creating this things i luv it
Test Subject
#77 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 1:41 AM
well.. its not working with me but thanks dear
Mad Poster
#78 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Gonna have to think about how to use it without being too cheaty though (I'm afflicted by the puritan work ethic... for my SIMS, if not for myself ). Subtracting some gold every day it's on, or if you wanted to be clever, imposing some other kind of gnome-appropriate cost... like requiring you to buy it pizza or feed it gems... might be something to think about it as an option for a future version
Can we have an alternative version like this, please??? :lovestruc

Money automaitcally subtracting for it's work would probalby be the simpliest way, but I also love the feeding it gems idea. You could add a container type window like on bookshelves, fridges, treasure chests, and nectar makers where you could put in gems that he'd use up over time. Then maybe once he'd used them all, there would be a pop-up message informing that he was out of gems and would need more to continue working.

Maybe it could even be configured to choose btwn money or gems as payment.
Test Subject
#79 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 2:10 AM
I run on the Sims 3 base game. No WA or loft or castaway or anything. just the base game. your gnome works fine with my game =]
Test Subject
#80 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 1:40 PM Last edited by dhqueen : 27th Apr 2010 at 2:51 PM.
Like it alot. However he seems to go on automatic (all On) if i go on vacation and come back, or when i quit the game and come back. (i was using him on pulse mode) He works great unless i leave town then he gets stuck on auto will not stop. (I stop him by going to settings change to medium and the back to pulse.)
Test Subject
#81 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 5:58 AM
I have the base game and i got it into my game. But when i click on it nothing happens. I can't even put it in my inventory.
Test Subject
#82 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 12:00 AM
I installed it and it doesn't appear. I have just the sims 2 with NO patches. Just the original game.
Test Subject
#83 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katie.Beck12
I installed it and it doesn't appear. I have just the sims 2 with NO patches. Just the original game.

I just did the lastest update 1.11 or somethin. I'll see if it works!
Instructor
#84 Old 29th Apr 2010 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katie.Beck12
I just did the lastest update 1.11 or somethin. I'll see if it works!

Maybe you are using the wrong game. Sims 2 will not work with this mod.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#85 Old 2nd May 2010 at 5:15 AM
wow!!!
It is so cute!!
Test Subject
#86 Old 5th May 2010 at 7:43 PM
What do I do if I have d3dx9_31.dll in all 3 locations but it still wont work?
Test Subject
#87 Old 6th May 2010 at 12:40 PM
meaniful, cute and beautiful creation!!

really impressive
Test Subject
#88 Old 14th May 2010 at 4:04 AM
I love this it's so awsome used to take my sims all day to care for her garden now she only harvests best mod ever!
Test Subject
#89 Old 28th May 2010 at 4:54 AM
The Gnome does not work in a clean game or game with some mods. The Gnome has the hand icon when you hover over it making the menu options unavailable. I have all the expantions and stuff packs to date.
Test Subject
#90 Old 28th May 2010 at 6:24 PM
I have the HELS stuff pack and the WA expansion and I still can't get the mod to work. The game is patched to the latest patch. I've read all the detailed instructions for installation and still not working. Any suggestions?
Test Subject
#91 Old 29th May 2010 at 8:33 AM
Great, the one item I really want, and ModTheSims is borking the download some how. When I try to DL this item, I get the error page, and no way to DL it.

Someone at MTS feel like checking to see if the file is still where it's supposed to be please?
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:46 AM
oh my goodness! Thank you dolphin! For months I have been very sad about this and some of Treeag's mods not working but now! Thank you for explaining the .dll thingy!
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 7:36 PM
I have had this mod for a while. I just got Ambitions expansion pack and now this awesome mod no longer works. Just wanted to let you know. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#94 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Riggo4482
I have had this mod for a while. I just got Ambitions expansion pack and now this awesome mod no longer works. Just wanted to let you know. Thank you.

Yeah, it's a pity that it doesn't work anymore. I miss the gnome very much. I hope it can be fixed.
Test Subject
#95 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 5:43 PM
I'm having a bit of a problem. I have the latest patch, no expansion or stuff packs, and have the framework properly installed. But, I'm getting the 'No Interactions Available' message from this and a few other custom objects. Is this compatible with the latest patch?
Test Subject
#96 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 11:03 PM
I have Ambitions installed and I seem to be having absolutely no problems with this. I have placed it in the NEW mods folder that you set up for Ambitions.

Correct answers - $3
Thoughtful answers - $2
Wrong answers - $1
Dumb looks - still free
Test Subject
#97 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snugglypoo4
Yeah, it's a pity that it doesn't work anymore. I miss the gnome very much. I hope it can be fixed.

I have ambitions and all the other ep's and store stuff and it is working fine for me.

BUT when I first restarted playing after installing ambitions I found I had to turn it off then turn it back on then a few game ticks later it was back same as ever.

It is also working fine in my vacation homes that I installed it in after ambitions.

Oh and I am using it in the new "official" mods folder in my documents.
Test Subject
#98 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 12:38 AM
This works with WA, not so sure about Ambitions quite yet, as I ended up deleting it toget the game to run, but I'm retrying it now.
Test Subject
#99 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 2:00 AM Last edited by JusticeP : 4th Jun 2010 at 2:31 AM.
Just installed Ambitions and sadly this doesnt work for me anymore. I tried using the 'mod' folder in documents and that made all the mods not work.
If I put other hacks in the original folder like all other expansions, some still work with Ambitions, but when I put them in the documents or official mods folder they dont work. I have the resource file in there. Does the dxd9 file or whatever its called have to be in there too?

Edit:
No that doesnt work either

Edit again:
The resource file MUST be updated.
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ch_1.12/2.7/3.3

Just put the new file in the mods folder and everything should work.

It does not need the dxd9 (or whatever) to work.

SO glad this still works, its one of those must have hacks.
Field Researcher
#100 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 11:10 AM Last edited by Snugglypoo4 : 4th Jun 2010 at 1:14 PM.
Thank you all for your helpful suggestions! I wouldn't have even tried anything because I was sure that the gnome needs to be updated.

At first I followed the suggestions of JusticeP but it didn't work for me because the gnome wouldn't show up for buying anymore. So I actually couldn't check if it works or not. Then I chose the other way and moved the Mod folder to the official path in Documents. After launching I got a note which scripts were found and I confirmed it. However, no matter whether I selected my saved game or started a new game, the game would crash immediately to desktop. So I deleted ALL mod packages. Then I just added the Magic Gardening Gnome package and restarted the game. This time it worked! So I added my most wanted packages like store all vegetables and store all books and it was still working. I will now add everything bit by bit checking which package may cause problems. I'm a happy camper now!
Page 4 of 15