Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2022 at 8:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default What happened to my Jack O' Floor Lamp?
Can anyone explain why the Jack O' Floor Lamp, which should look like Jack o' Lantern on a stand, now just looks like a small black blob? It is part of the Store Halloween Treats set, which I've had it in my game for a long time and often have it placed outside my sim houses for Spooky Night. I used it quite recently without any problem, but now its just a useless black ball. The rest of the set is all present and correct. I tried re-downloading the set and re-installing it, but that made no difference. Short of a witches curse, I can't think what could have caused this strange transformation.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Mar 2022 at 11:27 PM Last edited by Elynda : 1st Mar 2022 at 11:39 PM.
Yes, I was. Is that what's causing it? I thought that it might be the cause and removed it, but the lamp still shows as a black ball.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2022 at 1:53 AM
Ah yes, that makes sense, since I have had the decrap fix for a while now and the lamp has been showing up properly until very recently. It must have got corrupted or deleted by mistake. Anyway, I appear to have fixed it now. I uninstalled the whole set (apart from two items that had 'dependents') and then re-installed. The Jack O' Floor Lamp and all the other items are back the way they should be and no more little black balls.

Thanks for your help nitromon.