Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 3:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Some Questions about Saved Sims
I wanted to clean up my saved Sims folder. I was wondering if I could move my saved Sims (.Sim files) to another folder? Would any custom content associated with the Sims I moved be uninstalled? Would the Sims .SimsPack be uninstalled as well? Thank you very much!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 1:11 PM
For sims you saved to the bin, it’s fine to move those files to another folder on your computer. Custom content will not be affected or uninstalled by moving these .sim files.

However, it is a different story with sims installed through the launcher from what I can recall. Moving a .sim file associated with a sim installed through the launcher could cause problems if you then attempt to uninstall the sim. I’m not entirely sure if this also causes issues with any custom content that came in the .sims3pack with the sim, but just to be safe, I would suggest only moving .sim files of sims you saved to the bin yourself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alunn
For sims you saved to the bin, it’s fine to move those files to another folder on your computer. Custom content will not be affected or uninstalled by moving these .sim files.

However, it is a different story with sims installed through the launcher from what I can recall. Moving a .sim file associated with a sim installed through the launcher could cause problems if you then attempt to uninstall the sim. I’m not entirely sure if this also causes issues with any custom content that came in the .sims3pack with the sim, but just to be safe, I would suggest only moving .sim files of sims you saved to the bin yourself.
Thanks! Unfortunately, I have way too many Sims (some are from years ago) and I don't remember all the Sims I saved. D'oh!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Apr 2022 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whrm3
Thanks! Unfortunately, I have way too many Sims (some are from years ago) and I don't remember all the Sims I saved. D'oh!

Go into CAS in game and open up the sim bin. Sims with the folder icon are ones you saved to the bin and Sims with the purple custom content star icon are sims you installed through the launcher.