Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 5:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Certain Files causing game to not boot
Hello. I posted the other day but didn't go into detail properly and i cant seem to delete my old thread, but i am needing help as i can't seem to get my sims 3 game working

Whenever my game boots up it loads in a black screen and you wait till the ts3 logo appears, but recently my game has broken and i cant load into the game. I tried a fresh boot with removing the original file and slowly adding my content back, everything was making it boot but the dccache and dcbackup folders are what seems like the issue. Ive not installed content via the launcher since late 2021 and my games been fine up till now and im genuinely at a loss on what to do. If it were my packaged mods folder that would be easy to solve, just easily remove a folder and maybe its a broken piece of CC but with it being launched via the launcher its harder. Ive also tried to remove a few of the EBC files but that doesn't work either. Same with the ccmerged file, a new one/older version of it still stops the game from booting. I dont want to fully remove all of my launcher installed content as alot of the original files are gone from either my system or the web.

If anyone knows a way to fix this it'd help a ton as the sims is really the only game i play. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2022 at 5:15 PM
Hi There, Ive done the whole making a new folder and adding things back and i have found that its the dccache and dcbackup folders causing the issues.

Ive tried removing the savedsims folder and adding the dccache folder and dcbackup folder back and it seems as it the savedsims folder is also causing problems? But as i said i havent installed any new content since decemeber 2021 so i don't know whats causing the issues
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Sep 2022 at 5:25 PM
Yes its empty apart from the ccmerged file

Yes all are unchanged, Is the corrupting thing something i can fix if that is the case?

Im just at a loss as i was working on a project that was all sims 3 related and i had a couple months of work within the game, if anyone knows what i can do to hopefully fix it. that'd be great