Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 10:10 PM Last edited by MoveAlongPlease : 21st Sep 2022 at 1:18 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default *Solved*Translating remade hoods - too long names
Hello!

I've stumbled across a really odd problem, if you will, a few day ago. You see, I've downloaded a remake of vacation subhoods and the lots there have English names and descriptions. I personally play in Polish and I'd like for those hoods to also be in Polish. So I've followed this method: https://modthesims.info/showthread....25#startcomment to make them main hoods, translate the names and descriptions and go on my way without the need to reapply the changes each time I restart my hood or play a new one.

And there is the problem: some names in Polish are too long to be put into the box - I have to change them form the original ones, which doesn't go along with me, I really want the Maxis' one to be there. So, is there any way to apply the original, too long names to the lots? Also, is there possibly a way of kind of "bulk-changing" lot descriptions? Rather than just opening each lot and fiddling around from inside the game?

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: After fumbling around with SimPE, after days of screwing up, trying every single thing that made sense in my thick mind I've FINNALY managed to do it. Leaving the solution for anyone interested:

In SimPE, load the hood you want to translate names and descriptions in. Select the Lot Description (LTXT) on the left panel - list of all lots (even the hidden ones) should appear on the right "main" panel. There, select the lot you want to change. In the Plugin view, change the "Lot Name" and Description to whatever you wish. Commit the changes and go to Text Lists (STR#) tab on the right panel and search for the file attached to the lot you're working on. When you do that, select your language from the drop-down list underneath "String" panel. Click on the first string (line) and add the name of the lot you wish for it to have from now on. On the second string add description, commit and save. When you start up the game, your changes should be visible from now on.

Remember to back up your files in case you do something wrong!