Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 9:28 AM
Default Mirror reflection shows the backside
Hello everyone. Seeking for expert help once again.

I'm trying to convert the "Modular Image Full-length Mirror" from TS2, In TSRW the mirror seems fine, but in game the reflection looks odd: it shows the reflection from the backside..

Here are some measures I've taken to solve this issue but no avail..
1. Copied the x, y, z, and w values from a mirror of the same angle (in this case it's the mirrorfloormoderate from the base game) using s3pe.
2. Swapped the mirror mesh out and replaced it with the mirror mesh from the mirrofloormoderate object.
3. Made sure bones are assigned.

Also, I've read on this thread that has the same issue as mine. One reply suggested to fix it with Texture Tweaker, but didn't say which section should I go.

I'm suspecting the problem lies with the TS2 mesh itself, though I have no idea how to fix it. I hope someone sheds light on this. Thank you in advance!

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 9:45 AM
You may need to do a bit more fiddling with the mirror plane’s w value. In my experience, even when using a mirror with a similar angle as a base for my conversions, sometimes the converted mirror’s plane still needs adjusting. Try negative values too, those work from time to time.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twinsimming
You may need to do a bit more fiddling with the mirror plane’s w value. In my experience, even when using a mirror with a similar angle as a base for my conversions, sometimes the converted mirror’s plane still needs adjusting. Try negative values too, those work from time to time.

My, oh my! First of all, I should confess that I posted this on tumblr too and got a suggestion to change the w axis values. Kinda stupid of me to fiddle with all the x, y, z, w values that did nothing to resolve it. Now I only changed the w value and it actually made a difference. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database