Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 6:34 PM Last edited by Softlism : 7th Oct 2022 at 12:36 PM.
Default [SOLVED] A separate Summoner object from Insimenator?
I prefer Insim's Summoner over the summon option of SimBlender's tree because the former one takes less clicks in the Pie Menu to summon Sims.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 6:51 PM
Are you looking for a different object because of ease of use, or because you want less clicking, or...?

If you use the SIM (possibly also DEST version?) of the Insimenator, you can click on the ground and choose "spawn..." and from there spawn the item you want. The items should also be available separately in one of the Buy menus (can't remember which). It's the cardboard box with clothes.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 8:10 PM
@simmer22 the reason why is because InSimenator conflicts with SimBlender according to HCDU+, and I use mostly the latter one except summoning Sims or modifying education tier.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 8:40 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Oct 2022 at 11:10 PM.
I've had both of them in my game since... ugh, I don't even know... 2007-9-ish, maybe? Never had them conflicting or throwing errors (I've had testingcheats perma-enabled since at least '09, and the few errors I've seen have been caused by other things).

I think the reason they show up is because they're calling the same ingame functions, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're mutually exclusive. Some hacks/mods will show up in the HCDU without there actually being an issue, and some you can use as long as the load order is fine.

(Items will even show up if they're just renamed versions or duplicates of the exact same item without any changes made - and those files won't cause any conflicts as long as they're identical - so the HCDU doesn't really know if there is an actual conflict there, it just tells you there may be conflicts between the items and you'll want to take a closer look. The tools are there to help and make things a bit simpler, but don't put your complete trust in them because they're not all-knowing).

I tend to prefer the insimenator, mostly because that's the one I'm used to. Each item has extra functions and they're much simpler to remember. There are a few I'm so used to by now I don't want to switch to something else. I don't use the SimBlender much - it probably has some functions the other one doesn't have, but I hate looking in a ton of menus...
Forum Resident
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 9:22 PM
I have the inSIMenator and sim blender together in my game and I don't have any conflicts either.
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 10:58 PM
@simmer22 & @pianogrinder thanks for letting me know.

However, do you know why InSimenator only works for Elder and Teens and not for Adults? Example: Summoner is disabled for Adults, but it works for Teens and Elders.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 11:11 PM
I've never had that issue - I mostly play with adults (and younger ages) so I think I'd notice if it wasn't working. Sounds a bit odd.

Which version do you have (SIM/DEST/OBJ and version number - I have SIM 2.9, and a SimBlender version from April 2009)?

You could have something else interfering. Anything else showing up in the HCDU?
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 12:05 AM
@simmer22 oops, seems like I still have the 2005 version from my old CCs folder: InSIMenator_UV_v2.2_DEST_Edition
Which link works best for V2.9?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 12:53 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Oct 2022 at 1:07 AM.
No wonder you're having issues. The one time my game had a really bad time with jump bugs, I'd just installed a new EP and had an older version of Insim (probably had some other outdated mods as well - sometime around the Pets or Seasons release is my guess).

Outdated mods that are incompatible with your set of EPs tend to cause issues. Errors or jump bugs are the most obvious, but the item not working for an age group or functions being unavailable or acting weird can also be caused by outdated mods.

The one at Insim should work fine (this version is as far as I know compatible with any configuration of EPs, but not sure if it works fine with only the BG. I think SimBlender requires Pets or above).
http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,100226.0.html
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
@simmer22 the reason why is because InSimenator conflicts with SimBlender according to HCDU+, and I use mostly the latter one except summoning Sims or modifying education tier.

Don't worry about that. That isn't a true conflict, these are objects.

There are many sumoners. I prefer sim wardrobes jar as that has a section to summon playables.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~