Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 3:48 AM
Default Coming back to TS2 after a while!
Hi everyone!

I have been kinda MIA for a while. Ever since the discord that I (and a lot of others) was in closed, I felt kind of disconnected from other fans and lost interest! But I'm back and ready to boot my game back up! Can I get filled in on maybe some good mods or CC items that have recently been released? What's the latest and greatest?

Also, totally not sure if I'm allowed to ask but what are the more popular discords out there, if one was looking to join a new one? Recommendations welcome

Thanks!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 5:02 AM
Welcome back! It's really hard to put a cc list out on demand because honestly, there's been lots of good mods and cc lately! Especially if you've been away longer than a few months. So I'd have to ask what sort of cc are you into/what's your gameplay style like? Otherwise, take a look at the "Look at This Awesome Thing I Found!" thread. It's by no means complete and misses a ton of things on Tumblr probably, but I'd say the bigger highlights in the community get posted there. It's a good place to start if you've been gone a while. And check out the Recent Uploads here; lots of simmers still upload here so for mods, this is a good place to look.

On a side note I never really know what to say to asks/posts like these because of how much creating goes on in this community. Idk what other games are like. Probably mods and creating are way slower, but for TS2, between the different types of cc creators can create, new sims, houses, and mods, there's always something going on. New things everyday. And I'm constantly surprised by the new mods that come along, after years of stagnation and "that can't be done." Simmers have always made new clothes and furniture, but not everyone makes mods. But I feel like modding is almost as popular as it was in TS2's original heyday. Things haven't really been "slow" since the mid-TS3 days, maybe. TS4 has been great for TS2 and idk why but Tumblr has been huge for the simming community as a whole, more than LiveJournal and Dreamwidth were, it seems. Maybe it's easier to find others on Tumblr? Hmm.

Anyway! Enough reminiscing! If I had to pick one recentish thing to shout out, I guess I would have to pick Lamare's Custom LTWs mod right here on MTS. I think it's pretty game changing, but I'm someone who really likes to pay attention to sims' aspiration and LTWs and has wanted a better variety of LTWs for the longest time. But there's been cool mods at PickN'Mix mods, the Sun & Moon factory and Lazy Duchess, too. And you can always find new tumblrs doing conversions. So yeah, how long have you been gone? That'll help tell us what to mention.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 9:15 PM
I've been adding tons of new content for my TS2 game ever since returning to it after installing UC on my ten year old laptop quite a few years ago and I even tried loading my game up today and found myself changing my rooftop designs on my service center and homestead to a new CC straw design that looked more accurate for early 17th century Pleasantview.I've got tons of Medevel content to make a more historically accurate game for some of my towns like Pleasantview,Riverdale and Alpine Valley.