Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 7:15 PM Last edited by emmyzrulz : 25th Jul 2013 at 8:02 PM.
The Sexist challenge!
Alright, First I wanna start by saying I MYSELF AM A WOMAN. I DONT AGREE WITH THIS, BUT IT MAKES AN AWESOME CHALLENGE! I do not want to offend anyone! Thats all.

All Heirs Must ALL be males.

Females arnt aloud to get full time jobs,

females are also not aloud to
follow up any "manly" Skills. (Manly skills would be
athletic,Alchemy,inventing,fishing,martial arts,
scubadiving,riding,racing,jumping,scultping)

Females arnt aloud to be taught logic,
they must learn it on there own.

Every female daughter must get married, oldest to youngest,
And may only marry to "Fancy" sims. (doesnt have to be rich... just not crazy
punk, insane, or dirty.)
(Although feel free to brake this rule for drama. :D)

Females must clean the house, And take care of the children.
You MUST have atleesed 2 children per genertation.

The only free time a woman gets, is after cleaning, and taking care of the children!
AS SOON as the man of the house is home,
You MUST make dinner, or have dinner ready.
You must make sure his room is clean, (if you have washers and dryers, make sure the laundrys done.)
And then finaly you can go to bed!

If you gain atleesed 10,000 Simolians, you can hire
a nanny, and your woman (still not able to learn or do manly skills)
Can become a socialite. And can leave the children, and house chores,
To the nanny. (Or maid, babysitter...Whatever...)

once your female child, (asuming if you have one.) is a teenager
She takes over some of the chores. And is no longer aloud to atend school.
(insure she never goes!) Once ANY of your children reach adult stage,
they must get married.

YOU ARE NOT ALOUD TO ADOPT! EVER!

Once you have 100,000 simolians, the challenge is over!

(No cheating. None. NONE!)

Have fun! ^^

Remeber to post pictures, And imagine your sims perhaps a little after medival times?
That might help. They can be any style, GOOD LUCK
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 7:21 PM
Tis sad that in rl some men & boys believe in this game from day to day life...
i know my brother does

BTW is there a male version?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalBits
Tis sad that in rl some men & boys believe in this game from day to day life...
i know my brother does

BTW is there a male version?

You can easily replace females with males, in this challenge! Feel free to do so! ^^

And I know, its very wrong. And I also believe maybe seeing it in a challenge might help people realize how wrong.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 8:05 PM
Pssst: It's "allowed".

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Inventor
#5 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 9:16 PM
100 million simoleans? Is that even possible?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xxsoulfire123
100 million simoleans? Is that even possible?

No the limit is 99,999,999. Which Doesn't make sense to me but ,they made it that way

Broski
The Sims 3 is my life.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Pssst: It's "allowed".

Oops! Sorry!
Thankyou!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Celeb
No the limit is 99,999,999. Which Doesn't make sense to me but ,they made it that way

Oh! Crap! It wasn't supposed to be that much! Its only 100,000! >.<
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmyzrulz
females are also not aloud to
follow up any "manly" Skills. (Manly skills would be
athletic,Alchemy,inventing,fishing,martial arts,
scubadiving,riding,racing,jumping,scultping)

I don't think riding and alchemy are "manly". I think I'll try the challenge with women heir not men. Just because the women have better clothing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolcattime
I don't think riding and alchemy are "manly". I think I'll try the challenge with women heir not men. Just because the women have better clothing.

(well, this is true, but alchemy would be considered witch craft, as its kinda based in 1100.
Riding, Unless theirs a mod for riding like a lady (Side sitting.) Then no riding )
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 10:00 AM
I think I'll try this one...
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 10:18 AM
This challenge is...intriguing. I might have to give it a try. XD
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#13 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 10:23 AM
Quote:
And is no longer aloud to atend school.
(insure she never goes!)
I think you will run into difficulties with this if you own Generations, as the parents will constantly stop to scold the children for skipping school. And it is impossible to cancel that interaction.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 8:58 PM
True, but there are always problems with a challenge, Plus this rule is only there more as an add-on. Feel free to remove any of them that you feel don't work so much!
Test Subject
#15 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 9:15 AM
can you try to have the girls learn "manly skills" in secret EXP: if a man/boy sees her trying to learn the skill the challenge is over
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 4:15 PM
Thanks for the idea. I believe I'll try this twice, once in a Patriarchal society and the other in a Matriarchal one, just to see how each of them works out.

Oh yeah, and Twallan has a mod that will allow for homeschooling. There's actually two modes that you'll need to download, Career and Career School. They're both at the NRAAS website and you don't have to be a member to download the mods.
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 1:41 AM
But what sims do we start out with? Just a male who we get married and such? Or a male and a female? Or something else?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emmyzrulz
You can easily replace females with males, in this challenge! Feel free to do so! ^^

And I know, its very wrong. And I also believe maybe seeing it in a challenge might help people realize how wrong.

let me guess: Men are not allowed to learn "girly" skills (Logic, dancing, writting, gardening, nectar making?), all men must have jobs (no part-time) and get married to a woman, before they leave to work breakfast must be done by them, can't spend a simoleon on things for them and must do colada AND repair whatever is broken before getting to sleep, sounds also fun.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 8:05 AM
Why would anybody want to play this challenge? I'm sorry if that's a bit blunt but this disturbs me on so many levels.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
Why would anybody want to play this challenge? I'm sorry if that's a bit blunt but this disturbs me on so many levels.

Why? Do you REALLY always plays with a only happy family. Nothing sad or rude happend? Havent you kill anybody or slap them in the face?. I dont see a problem with doing rude things in a gam, as long as you know that you can see the diffrent in the real world and the virtual.

(Sorry for the really bad english)
Mad Poster
#21 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 10:21 AM
There's a line between disturbing and gritty. I play a gritty game, but I don't force my sims into "roles" because that is not something that really exists in the game. I play by what the game has: family feuds, poverty, divorce, unplanned kids, job loss, problem children, runaways, corruption. But forcing roles into the game which has none kind of crosses a line for me. If OP were to rebrand this "the racist challenge" and forced different "races" (race is not a thing which exists in the game, you create it yourself, nobody is forcing you to stick to any sort of genetics) to do different things based on outdated stereotypes, I think you'd think twice about doing this challenge.

To any mods: Sorry if it's against some sort of rule to say things against posted challenges, but I just had to say that.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Octopuss
Why? Do you REALLY always plays with a only happy family. Nothing sad or rude happend? Havent you kill anybody or slap them in the face?. I dont see a problem with doing rude things in a gam, as long as you know that you can see the diffrent in the real world and the virtual.

(Sorry for the really bad english)

Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
If OP were to rebrand this "the racist challenge" and forced different "races" (race is not a thing which exists in the game, you create it yourself, nobody is forcing you to stick to any sort of genetics) to do different things based on outdated stereotypes, I think you'd think twice about doing this challenge.

Okay, I was really tempted to write up an over-the-top racist challenge here, but I deleted it.

Octopuss, the creator herself said that the point was to make people see how wrong the behavior in the challenge is. If someone's refusing to play the challenge on moral grounds, I think that's a success, don't you?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 12:58 AM
I'm sitting here as a stay at home mother of 6 who homeschools, doesn't drive because even with my glasses my eyesight and depth perception aren't good enough, wondering if I should be offended that so many of you think my way of life is offensive. Does my husband stop me from working? No. We both agreed that once we had kids one of us would stay home and he had the ability to make more money than I could.

To say I don't work is a laugh and a half. We live on a homestead. Right now, it's just a garden, (my greenhouse got destroyed by some strong winds this fall) and 13 chickens, but it's a start. I actually enjoy having the time to be home with my kids. I like to cook. I don't like to clean but that is what kids are for. If they don't do it they won't know how when they move out.

I don't expect my children to live the way I do. It is my personal choice to do so. It has nothing to do with my religion. It has nothing to do with my view of equality between men and women. I believe comparing men and women is like comparing apples and oranges. Both are equally good, just different. I believe everyone should play to their strengths. I can't do a lot of the "traditional women's work" I can however cook. I leave sewing to those who are good at it. My daughters are ever bit as capable and intelligent as my sons. But, I don't expect my dyslexic artist daughter to be able to read as well as her oddly verbal older brother, but I don't expect him to be as good an artist as she is either.

We all have our strengths. Mine are as a wife and mother. What does it matter what you do with your life or what your "job" is as long as your happy?

I would be happy to play this challenge that include rules for both men and women because, one it is historically somewhat accurate and two... There isn't anything wrong with living your life that way, as long as you understand you are making a choice to do so and can just as easily make a choice to do something else.

It only becomes wrong, when men take that choice away from us or vice versa.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 2:42 AM
Ladykelien, I think you're arguing on the same side as the author. The point of the challenge is that the women in it have no choice except to act in that role, and to show how terrible it is when people take that choice away. THAT is the problem some of us are having with the behavior in this challenge, not that housewifery is inherently wrong.

Nobody in this thread said that housewives don't work. Or that it's religiously motivated. Or that it's wrong even when there's a choice to do so. You're countering points that nobody is arguing. So take a break from defending your lifestyle when there's nobody attacking. Or find somewhere where it's actually happening. I'm sorry your misinterpretation of our points caused you negative feelings, but that's not really our fault.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 4:15 AM
Fine, then go play a challenge where you "force" Your female Sims to get a job. I wasn't the first person to take offense. The fact that you can take offense over something that just appears to be sexist to you and the creator decided to call sexist is your choice. Your Sims however do not get a choice. No matter what you choose they are "forced" to do it. So to me your forcing them to work. You can't make the Sims sexist, or racist because the Sims themselves don't have the power to understand that is what your doing. Did you get upset over the Amazon Women's challenge? I doubt it.

I was not arguing the point the author was making. She's the one that named a challenge that is my life, the Sexist challenge. Abuse like that doesn't exist within the game. Perhaps you could find it in something like Grand Theft Auto, I don't know. I don't allow those games in my home. But, not in the Sims. The game play just doesn't work that way. It only applies when people are actually forced against their will and no matter how high you set Free Will your Sims still don't have any.
Page 1 of 2