Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#3926 Old 11th May 2023 at 1:51 PM
After playing rotationally for the first time (in ts2) and loving it, I'm gearing up for the same experiment in 3. I'm going to be suspending aging and overall progress for all households I'm not playing, I think it'll make things less exhausting since I hate seeing everyone do dumb stuff when I'm not looking.. I always spent way too much time making over townies whenever they aged up, and it was usually for naught since it felt like everyone ages up so dang fast. Now the whole world will move at a snails pace, just how I like it! >
I was thinking I'd settle down in North Bend by eisfee and try to do something that feels very interwoven, I always loved the drama in TS2 and 3 hoods. Gonna try not to rush it though, maybe I'll just pop in and make a household here and there, let it emerge over time.
In the meantime I'll do a more relaxed rotational save in one of the EA worlds (since everything is already established there) but I'm not sure which one! I was thinking either Sunset Valley for nostalgia purposes or Bridgeport for drama purposes.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#3927 Old 14th May 2023 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
I have played a ghost, a long time ago. If you wish to play it thru... If your Sim is a ghost, max cooking skill, and eat ambrosia will bring her back. Long time since doing that... before I had SN, so not sure if THAT EP will bring her back as a zombie?

Haven't done to my self Sim, but a "master" witch in SN, can resurrect the dead. Again, never tried it... never needed to... and do not know if a Sim can resurrect herself??? And sunshine charm cures zombies... I believe only while they are zombies.

All I know is a dog can summon the Death to bring back the sims from Life if the dog is friend with their owner and if the dog is around. All the rest I never tried.
At least I got Nrass Mod but I experience this for fun, to see the reaction of the other sim etc. That's pretty interesting. Some faints when they see her.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Forum Resident
#3928 Old 14th May 2023 at 12:43 PM
In my other save, I got a funny +18 bug it's hilarious. I saw my simself [censored] speaking in front of her computer xD
I have nothing +18 except the decensor and genitals for men (classic stuff)

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Test Subject
#3929 Old 14th May 2023 at 10:44 PM
Started a save in Boroughsburg by the incredible Potato-Ballad-Sims, it's been a bit of an adventure as the world is populated and there's all kinds of weird lore to uncover. I've been fine-tuning my SP settings a bit as I kept getting notifications about random homeless sims getting jobs (I keep thinking I've fixed it, but alas) Anyway, the silver lining is I get to discover some of the worlds inhabitants.

It took me a few seconds to figure out why he looked so weird. This is officially my favorite townie. (Note: his name is Joe Smith)
Field Researcher
#3930 Old 17th May 2023 at 10:40 PM
Artur and Gabriela had so much fun today.

Screenshots

If I lived on Mars, I would be pleased because the Earth is not my cup of tea
Scholar
#3931 Old 30th May 2023 at 4:34 AM
One of my sims is a writer, who just started to write a Poetry book, called ' Show me the Honey'. I doubt he will win a Pullitzer with that one.
Scholar
#3932 Old 1st Jun 2023 at 3:19 AM Last edited by Elynda : 1st Jun 2023 at 3:55 AM.
Very curious goings on in my game:

Firstly a teen sim was sitting outside the bistro innocently reading a book. She wasn't bothering anyone, but I have noticed how my teens always seem to piss somebody off when visiting the bistro. She had just finished the book when some sim I had never set eyes on before came storming out of the building and waded straight into her. No preliminaries - no poking, face slapping or verbal abuse - just straight up assault and battery. Well, he won that round, but my girl has the Rebellious trait and wasn't going to take that kind of oppression! She soon gave him an excellent demonstration of Newton's third law of motion: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. And this time it was she that dumped him on his backside.

Then she went home and I remembered it was Sunday afternoon and she still hadn't done her homework. So I had her sit down and start it. And that was when the second strange thing happened: suddenly she was coated with soot, with her hair all standing on end, and had the 'scorched' moodlet. Because of a fire, it said. But there was no fire! WTF?

And that has happened twice now to the same sim. Is it some new glitch I've never heard of before? Or is it a feature of the game? I noticed that on both occasions she seemed to get the homework done far more quickly than normal, so it might be that her brain was working so fast it overheated. Well, that's my theory. Anybody else have that happen?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#3933 Old 1st Jun 2023 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Then she went home and I remembered it was Sunday afternoon and she still hadn't done her homework. So I had her sit down and start it. And that was when the second strange thing happened: suddenly she was coated with soot, with her hair all standing on end, and had the 'scorched' moodlet. Because of a fire, it said. But there was no fire! WTF?

And that has happened twice now to the same sim. Is it some new glitch I've never heard of before? Or is it a feature of the game? I noticed that on both occasions she seemed to get the homework done far more quickly than normal, so it might be that her brain was working so fast it overheated. Well, that's my theory. Anybody else have that happen?

Wonder if this happens if one of those small space rocks fall on the house. And then the glitch being that your sim gets scorched despite being inside. Maybe check if one of them is on your property? I have found them on one of my sims house before, but that was on a flat roof though. Never saw a sim spontaneously combust before though
Forum Resident
#3934 Old 19th Jun 2023 at 8:07 AM
Me: *playing a legacy household with 2 adults, 4 children, and a pet, barely able to handle it*
Also Me: "Oh, she wants another baby! Well, I guess it's destiny!"

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Forum Resident
#3935 Old 19th Jun 2023 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aldebearart
Me: *playing a legacy household with 2 adults, 4 children, and a pet, barely able to handle it*
Also Me: "Oh, she wants another baby! Well, I guess it's destiny!"

HA HA! I know the feeling. A couple of years ago, between various mods and high autonomy, a large household and not micro-managing my Sims, I continuously caught my Sims autonomously woohooing, and pregnant!
Scholar
#3936 Old 21st Jun 2023 at 10:12 PM

Believe it or not, this is Bonehilda!

I stumbled across this on TSR and thought I'd give it a try.: https://www.thesimsresource.com/con...%20Supernatural. Except for the fact that I couldn't get her to age up in Live mode and had to do it in CAS everything worked just as described.

I should have said she was Bonehilda but I've changed her name to Minnie Drudge. For now she's just an experiment and we'll see how things works out. But I thought they really could use a little extra help around Brelor Castle, and it's such a bother finding decent servants these days!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Scholar
#3937 Old 23rd Jun 2023 at 1:32 PM
I never place Bonehilda on a lot and even if i did I'm not sure if I would try this. But the concept is very good!
Forum Resident
#3938 Old 23rd Jun 2023 at 2:35 PM

Believe it or not, this is Bonehilda!

I stumbled across this on TSR and thought I'd give it a try.: https://www.thesimsresource.com/con...%20Supernatural. Except for the fact that I couldn't get her to age up in Live mode and had to do it in CAS everything worked just as described.

I should have said she was Bonehilda but I've changed her name to Minnie Drudge. For now she's just an experiment and we'll see how things works out. But I thought they really could use a little extra help around Brelor Castle, and it's such a bother finding decent servants these days!

I tried this, but she disappeared on restart, as I was watching her. I probably did something wrong, but am curious as to your results on save, quit game and restart
Field Researcher
#3939 Old 23rd Jun 2023 at 3:04 PM
Hmm, that looks interesting. Mebbe I'll pull up a junk builder's island save and see if that Bonehilda thing works too.

Right now, I'm in the process of going through poselisted posepacks and fixing the descriptions that creators have either failed to put in, or have just used "pose 1 female" to describe - for my personal use, obviously. It violates so many TOUs it's not funny. XD But for me, I need the descriptions for my storytelling, so I can look quickly and get what I need for my in-game needs. (I haven't played like, a regular game in AGES. I will do an occasional rags to riches or whatever, but I get bored easily and do a money cheat so... lol. I have been opening the worlds I never use and doing the R2R there - there are ones that lend themselves better to the challenge than others but... mostly I'm slogging though "work" instead of playing.)

I did create a few more sims/de-age and recreate sims from my story to fit into the parts of the storyline that need it. It's tiring work, though, and with the heat of summer, the old computer doesn't like it too much.

I love seeing what everyone else is doing with their games. I love everyone's creativity.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Scholar
#3940 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 12:15 AM Last edited by Elynda : 24th Jun 2023 at 12:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
I tried this, but she disappeared on restart, as I was watching her. I probably did something wrong, but am curious as to your results on save, quit game and restart

Same thing here I'm afraid. I made a couple of tests: for the first try she wandered around picking up books and all seemed to work fine. But when I restarted the game she was just about to pick up another book when she just disappeared - no notifications or script error messages or anything. I thought she had reset, the way some sims do occasionally, but she didn't reappear and there was no sign of her anywhere in the world. On the second attempt I ran the game for a whole day and she went around clearing up dirty plates and making beds. I really thought it was going to work this time, but then she went into a bathroom, started to brush her teeth and then vanished again.

It's very disappointing that it doesn't seem to work. I shall continue to experiment and try a find a cause, but as the disappearing appears to be quite random it doesn't look hopeful.

Forum Resident
#3941 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 2:27 AM
Same thing here I'm afraid. I made a couple of tests: for the first try she wandered around picking up books and all seemed to work fine. But when I restarted the game she was just about to pick up another book when she just disappeared - no notifications or script error messages or anything. I thought she had reset, the way some sims do occasionally, but she didn't reappear and there was no sign of her anywhere in the world. On the second attempt I ran the game for a whole day and she went around clearing up dirty plates and making beds. I really thought it was going to work this time, but then she went into a bathroom, started to brush her teeth and then vanished again.

It's very disappointing that it doesn't seem to work. I shall continue to experiment and try a find a cause, but as the disappearing appears to be quite random it doesn't look hopeful.

OK. So, I re-re-reread the page. I think that I did each step correctly. This time, I did not delete her box. I put it in the attic and a ladder to go there. I restarted the game, she remained, but... My Sims reset a few times when trying to interact. When I did talk to her, I was not abble to click on her again with the same Sim. Then, my regular maid showed, did scared animation and said about not turning her into walking dead, and quit.

I decided that I do not need this!
Scholar
#3942 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 2:56 AM
Same here I think. Sorry about that.

Funny you should mention the regular maid: it just occurred to me that there was no sign of Grady Elfman whilst I was running those tests. Maybe he got the wind up too.

Theorist
#3943 Old 9th Jul 2023 at 10:41 AM
Not much as I had to buy a new PC, then had install TS3 on Windows 11. That was a adventure.

I've posted the following picture before, but I'm wanting to change up my editing style. I've been doing the same things for years; I'm bored.

The original

Using a Lightroom preset and swapping out the sky, the really dark image turned into something.
Screenshots
Scholar
#3944 Old 11th Jul 2023 at 12:20 AM
@Gargoyle Cat

If you didn't tell me that was a Sims 3 screenshot I'd be thinking "Wow, what game is that from? I'd certainly like to take a look around that place - wherever it is!"

Theorist
#3945 Old 11th Jul 2023 at 1:08 AM
I know you didn't ask, but the world is Boroughsburg. It is a big world with stuff going on all the time.

https://www.tumblr.com/potato-ballad-sims
Scholar
#3946 Old 11th Jul 2023 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I know you didn't ask, but the world is Boroughsburg. It is a big world with stuff going on all the time.

https://www.tumblr.com/potato-ballad-sims

I figured it might be Boroughsburg. I've been wanting to try it out for a while, but my old old laptop could never have handled the strain of a big world like that. My new one can (I've never had TS3 perform so well on any computer, desk top or laptop). So, although I am at heart a country bumpkin, and my chief love is for picturesque little villages or towns, and quaint olde worlde country houses, even I shall finally succumb to the lure of the big city. In brief, I certainly will be taking a look around Boroughsburg!

Mad Poster
#3947 Old 11th Jul 2023 at 11:41 PM
I certainly will be taking a look around Boroughsburg!

Definitely do! It was very well done. I did not keep it but I really enjoyed seeing it.
Theorist
#3948 Old 12th Jul 2023 at 2:40 AM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 12th Jul 2023 at 11:14 PM.
Speaking of computers acting badly...

Not today, Satan.

I finally got my game all situated in the new rig and this crap started.

I restarted my game; the red sky went away. I don't know what was up with the save error. I did have a bunch of saves in the saves folder, so I took a bunch of them out, removed the one that end with .bad and haven't had a problem since.

Should anybody ask, yes, I do have Christmas lights up in my hood. It is going to fall in my game sooner rather than later. I'm manifesting cooler weather...

EDIT: My cleaned saves are corrupt. Whee!
Screenshots
Theorist
#3949 Old 13th Jul 2023 at 4:06 PM
I'm here to correct what I said yesterday about my saves being corrupt; they are not. I've been up since 4:30 AM trying to figure out what the problem was with my game as I kept being greeted with this.

Sometimes I could get away with saving a few times without the error, other times ( like this morning) I could only save twice or three times and that would be it. For the sake of consistency, all my testing for saving this morning has been done in 5 minute intervals.

My game is a brand new install. I do not have massive save files, my sims do not travel, ect... I also removed OverDrive as that is known to cause problems. I found a bunch of crap from that left over this morning which has since been deleted. I used a program called Revo Uninstaller.

There is a long thread about this over on EA HQ. In that thread, there was mention of a specific Windows 11 update that worked for the person that mentioned it. I decided that since I had nothing to lose, I'd try the patch and it worked. I can't promise anything, but if anybody else feels like ripping their hair out because they are trying to play on Windows 11 and the game is not cooperating, try the patch.

The thread for EA HQ is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...1945900/page/10

The patch number is: KB5020044

Since testing is so much fun ( nah ) I decided to make some of my own fun in between saves.

This is how I felt about my game this morning. I no longer feel that way, but my head hurts.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#3950 Old 13th Jul 2023 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I can't promise anything, but if anybody else feels like ripping their hair out because they are trying to play on Windows 11 and the game is not cooperating, try the patch.

I am glad things ae better. I am being bugged on my newer laptop to get 11. I almost hit the button on it. I think I will stay on 10 now. I am still on 7 on this desktop. (!)
Page 158 of 162