Replies: 21 (Who?), Viewed: 1472 times.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 9:45 PM
Default What Do You Wish Was Apart Of The Sims 2
Part or what I wanted to talk about what you wish was in the sims 2 game that was included in the Sims 3 games on PC, the main reason why I posted this here was because I don't really know that much about the sims 3 given the fact that it has way more expansion and stuff packs I have not played or experienced yet, and is a bigger game then the sims 2 I know more about the sims 2 though.

I wish create a style like how in the sims 3 where in game and custom patterns could be downloaded and applied anywhere like on the wall on sims or on any object was also apart of the sims 2, also I wish I could walk around the neighborhood like in the sims 3 in the sims 2, I wish I could drive my sims 2 cars to at least the edge of the map or tell them to at least drive to the edge of the map. even if it's not open world at least click on a lot from the lot view and drive to both a neighbor or a community lot,

I want a Future Expansion pack for the sims 2 I been thinking about playing the sims 3 again I guess but The sims 2 is my favorite still there is a lot of things in the sims 3 I wish was in the sims 2, so what expansions and stuff packs do you wish were apart of the sims 2 maybe even the sims 1 or 4 stuff could be applied to this thread. but for those who do not know the sims 3 is a much much more complicated game then the sims 2 with more to do in LIVE mode about the only thing I wish was in the sims 3 was included was the easy ability to create worlds but what is you guys take on this, me just thinking about playing the sims 3 that's all

I don't like how some lots were rabbit holes in which turned me off of the sims 3.

the sims 2 combined with the sims 3 would make the perfect sims game in my opinion.

My personal radio station link in first post (commercial free and all music) listen with Firefox enjoy, this is a gift
me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheAngelClassicRocKMix
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 9:55 PM
I would've liked to have the option to travel around town like in TS3 though to still have TS2 style story progression where households are all still played to progress them manually and to still have shopping districts and downtowns just like we did though I wished community lots didn't pre-populate on loading and that sims walked away or fought back when being attacked instead of just standing there and starting to cry like a big crybaby.I also wished that they'd know enough to not stay there if somebody is bothering them and that smaller community lots were coded for far fewer visitors and how many of them came was based of the size of the lot and how much it was built up instead of just automantically filling up with swarms of sims.I also wanted to be able to choose lifetime wants insteadof them being assigned and not always a good fit for the towns.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 1:02 PM
Back when I got into playing Sims 3 again, I thought I wouldn't miss Create A Style as much as I did. Sims 2 really does force you to work well with whatever options you have, and while I'm glad to work that way usually in Sims because it's easier not to get bogged down by choice, I remember just being in awe that I could make a living room furniture set that corresponded with the dirty hovel feel of Sunset Valley's Mosquito Cove. Had I gotten Sims 3 to work for longer than 20 minutes without crashing I would probably be a lot more upset that CAS isn't in Sims 2, but at the same time I enjoy the limitations of the style and know that if it did have CAS, I'd probably wind up with way more crashes and pink soup.

One thing I really find myself missing in regards to content from future Sims games is definitely the open world, but not the actual openness. Specifically, I miss the randomly spawning collectibles you could send your sims all over the world trying to scavenge and pick up to turn into useless decorative objects. I have really fond memories of sending Ages Crumplebottom all around Sunset Valley with max motives for days at a time, with no breaks, to just pick up random gems and rocks around the world from the farthest corners of the neighborhood to process them at the Science Facility into ingots and precious carved jewels. I miss the ability of sending a sim who loves the outdoors not to catch just any old butterfly, but the Emerald Empress butterfly that always spawned around the playground of the local school, or even just spotting a rare type of bug or bird that I saw while sending the household somewhere and sending a sim over to collect it. It always kept the world feeling alive knowing that your sim could discover something rare and new literally anywhere they went, whether solo or with a group.

In Sims 2, I never even paid attention to the bug collection until recently because you always had to pull up another screen to see what you caught, and it looked like an empty case until you got it full enough to showcase the collection. Even now the interaction feels a little lame became you're just clicking anywhere for the small chance of maybe catching something random, and maybe getting chased by a swarm of bees. There's not the same feeling of collecting something the way you would in real life: by just seeing it, going somewhere in real life you heard it was going to be, and trying to grab it. It's basically a reskin of the "dig for treasure" interaction, and it's not as fun to watch.

Maybe the last thing I wish was a part of Sims 2, and this could be me not remembering it well, but Sims 4 build mode, as confusing and impossible for me to figure out as it was, seems like it has so many customization options that Sims 2 could only dream of. Little things that I could easily incorporate into my building style like shifting a window up and down, picking up and rotating the entire build, being able to make L or U shaped stairs without changing the literal structure of the building, would really just be nice features to have. Would it take away a little bit of the challenge and fun of meticulously planning a build by number of squares and figuring out just the right combo of constrainfloorelevation to get a staircase to work properly? Yes, but at the same time, the end product is ultimately what I'm after, and it does get really cumbersome when I just want to build something rather than test it in a physics engine.
Theorist
#4 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 2:27 PM
I can't tell you what the other versions have that I see as missing in TS2 as I never played them. I did see the ads and stuff, but the look of the sims, the thought of gettin the mods and such to fix all the issues and make the game how I want, and some of the stuff I heard of what others said turned me off (well that and lack of funds to purchase the umpteen zillion games again :P)
TS2 is a very old game, such that some need fixes to make it work with the new updated windows among other things. Is TS2 lacking? Yes and no. Yes, there are limits to what can be done, but for a lot of things people have found work arounds. There is new content and additions bein made for this relic of a game all the time. Just off the top of my head there is the new LTM Lamare or the traits system, both of which allow for a much more versatile way of play. Are there things I want in game that haven't been done yet? Oh yeah sure and maybe in time some of our fabulous community members who mod the game and make it 110% better will come up with whatever it is that I didn't know I wanted until they give it to us.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 3:29 PM
I want fire breathing toddlers and kids swinging from the ceiling fans! And parents ripping off their underwear. Just like in the promo videos.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Forum Resident
#6 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 4:46 PM
I am quite sorry about my grammar I didn't write English much since months (I am not an English native speaker at all)... and I am exploring slowly the sims 2 so if there is something listed already in the game, please tell me.

To be honest I love the sims 3 and there are a lot of contents I wish to be implemented to the sims 2 (and vice-versa)

CAST for Cas and buy/build mod: yes because having 100 custom recolours takes computer and game resources
Separated shoes
Body sliders
Separated clothes in all categories (I know there is a mod for but honestely that must be done in the game)
Open World (or kind of as ts4 not really open or improving...?)
Open Carreer (kinda like the open carreer in ts4 they are both open and closed)
Spawing material as seeds , insects and gems
Horses/Unicorns and other wild animals
Playable Young Adult out of the University , University opened to all adults, Open university.
Walking sticks for elders
Alchemy
To do Sculpture
Moon cycles
Playable ghosts (I know about the mod)
Bikes for all ages / Motorcycles
Food preferences, colour preference, music preference
Learning meals by reading books.
Snakes, squirrels ...as we call them small pets?
And plenty of greats additions made for the store as : cows, chickets house, canning station, backery stove, pizza owen , jewelry machine etc. (they are sims 2 friendly)

and from the sims 4 :

Vet clinic
Research bar
the Move Object On
High School
Crafting station ( I am aware about the mod)

Lucie is not my real name, she was a sims from a story I imagined a dozen years ago.
I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 4:58 PM
Open World
Body Sliders
head sliders
Height sliders
Proper sims scaling when changing height (like in sims 4) instead of stretch skeleton just stretching the body and legs and leaving a small head on a tall sim.
Save on community lots (like in sims 4)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 7:10 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Aug 2022 at 7:23 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
I want fire breathing toddlers and kids swinging from the ceiling fans! And parents ripping off their underwear. Just like in the promo videos.

Those were TS2 promo videos
But absolutely - all of the things in those promo videos would be a blast to have in TS2, especially all the toddler stuff.

From TS3, I'd like working strollers (but better than TS3), rideable (and controllable) horses + bikes, some degree of CASt, more pet options (kinda miss all the small caged pets).

From TS4, I like the extra things toddlers can do, and their independence. I guess all the tools for house building is kinda neat too (but I'm hopeless at it in TS4, probably because I hardly ever do it).

Probably a lot more, but my brain is on its last dregs of energy atm, so I can't remember more.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 8:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Those were TS2 promo videos

Yes I know- that's why I want them!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Alchemist
#10 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 9:15 PM
In Sims 4, you can walk to properties immediately surrounding your house, without a loading screen. I wish Sims 2 had that. It wouldn't be as taxing as an open world, and you could visit your neighbors without a mod.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 8:19 AM
I think it would be nice if neighborhood editing was built into the game rather than being able to import from SimCity 4. My newest SimCity is 3000 Unlimited, which is technically a Windows 95 game.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 1:05 AM
I know a few things I could wish were a part of the game, but none of them really feel all that important - here they are, anyway:

It would be nice to have head and body sliders like LucieSims says and I'd love the kind of clothes layering system that the Paralives team has come up with for their game.

More group activities that make sims interact and I'd like dancing to be a proper social activity - I think I've mentioned it before so I hope I don't sound naggy, but I think most people out dancing in clubs are not just out to dance, they are out to have fun with their friends and to have a chance of picking someone up or be picked up by someone on the dance floor.

Like Neverwinter_Knight77, I'd like to be able to create neigbourhood terrains inside the game itself. I've never got SC4 to work properly on any of my newer computers.

I'd like a fair chance to create a proper Northern lifestyle for my sims - meaning they'd have short, dark days in the winter and long, light days in the summer and they'd have plenty of outdoor activities that gave fun but didn't tank so much energy. Skiing, both downhill and cross country, for example. Sledding for the little ones (and the more playful old ones too ). I think it is a bit weird that they added a mountain holiday location but didn't make wintersports a part of it!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 1:39 AM
I forgot to tell about ;
- the Umbrellas when it's raining , I always told myself why the sims 2 cannot have a such useful tool. That can be breakable just to add more drama as in ts3.
_Bonehilda (I know about the mod) but why she's not here !! She's a gem !
-Strollers too ! (yep you are right @simmer22)
- receiving in the mailboxes : gifts, letters
-reading and sending sms. coupling with the possibility to read them as in ts4.
-Fairies (I know about the mod)
-half pipe snowboarding

From ts4 : Toddler outdoor sliders, toddlers ballpits
children drawing table + children drawing on the table at restaurant
knittings
window-shopping
skiing, sledge, snowboard
sexual orientation (I am not "woke" at all but I think it's a correct tool)
-nails , foot massagging
eatable candies

ts4 and ts3 : food stands and festival lots ... and all the foods meals from both games (even icecreams, bubble teas, snacks etc.)

I maybe will be back for round 3 if I got idea...I play so much ts3 i have a lot of stuffs I missed. In fact, to be honest, ts2 must have everything from the sims 3 except the bugs and the optimization failures and the spaghetti pets.

Lucie is not my real name, she was a sims from a story I imagined a dozen years ago.
I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 12:33 PM
From TS4 - clicking on an item on the sim, and being taken straight to it in the CAS menu. That would've been very helpful when you've got about 500 hair recolors or 1000 pieces of clothing... Also, items with swatches for each piece of hair/clothing set, instead of everything one by one. CAS would've been much easier to navigate. Being able to use hats with hairs would be nice, too (although I don't particularly like the method used in TS4), and socks/stockings and other overlays on the skin in CAS.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 6:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
In Sims 4, you can walk to properties immediately surrounding your house, without a loading screen. I wish Sims 2 had that. It wouldn't be as taxing as an open world, and you could visit your neighbors without a mod.

Indeed, ts4 is semi open.

Theorist
#16 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 7:53 PM
From Sims 4:

1) The ability to delete Townies, edit them in CAS or create new ones, on the neighbourhood screen.
2) Hats, shoes, socks, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, gloves and other accessories being separate from clothing by default (so being able to add them to any outfit, yes there's basic jewellery in Sims 2, but it's vestigial and poorly implemented)
3) The expanded hair, skin and eyecolours from Sims4, but working with TS2's genetic system.
4)The buildmode, specifically saving and copying rooms, and being able to alter the size and position of rooms on the fly, without having to rebuild them.
5) The push-and-pull features in CAS
6) Better, editable and dynamic body shapes.
7) The way hats, certain shoes and such cause the hair, pants etc. to be tucked away.
8)Also the possibility to edit your families right on the neighbourhood screen and alter the household name.
9)Being able to give Sims in the same household idfferent names when you create them in CAS.
10) Sims 4 Vampires and Spellcasters, enough said!
11)The ability to use Male CAS items for female Sims and vice-versa.
12)The expanded Toddlerhood/Chilkdhood with all the skills and parenting and stuff
13)That new sexual orientation feature they added.
14) The expanded weddings, assuming they'd actually work in that dream version of Sims2, unlike in Sims 4, where they apparently don't work.
15)The ability to assign each Sims up to five outfits for every category they cycle through automatically without me having to direct them to plan a new outfit.

From Sims 3/4:

1)I'd really like to have certain traits in addition to Sims 2's personality point system, to finetune the personality of Sims.
2)Organise clothing/accessories in Cas so that you only have one picture per mesh and then can select the colour switch by clicking on the picture.
3) Integrating university into the ordinary game, instead of making it this weird pocket dimension of misery.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Instructor
#17 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 12:40 AM
1. TS3's CASt is *awesome* and I really wish TS2 had it. I wouldn't need so many recolors in my Downloads folder.
2. I like that TS3 meals need ingredients, not just food points.
3. Better variety in body shapes via the sliders.
4. Shoes being separate. And hats.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 12:06 PM
I am good with Sims 2, especially with the fantastic mods some creators have made. Yet that kids swinging from the ceiling - yes. I need those desperately
Alchemist
#19 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 12:29 PM
Buy and build search.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 5:37 PM
1. At least three recolourable subsets instead of only two. It'd be pretty useful for beds, because one subsets is always bedding.
2. Half-fat state. If Maxis was able to create second trimester even though there's only one preg morph on clothes, they should have been also able to create half-fat state with only one fat morph on clothes.
3. CAS accessible via cheats like it is in TS3 and TS4. I wish I could gender-swap my Sims without exiting the game and changing their files.
4. Ability to choose clothing category for glasses, make up and fullface paint, like we can with hairstyles and BV jewellery.
5. Ability to recolour BV jewellery in Bodyshop.
6. Bodyshop for pets to make collars and furs recolouring easy.
7. Option to switch between TS2-style and Castaway-style lake water in game settings.

I'd like to second omglo on semi-open world and buy and build mode search.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 6:57 PM
I wish funstional sofa and chair beds had been made available either with University or Apartment Life as a part of the game since those expansions created small living spaces and it was apartments that are often small spaces.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 5:55 PM
I haven't played a version of Sims 2 with most/all expansions, but here goes.

I vaguely remembered a Sims base game that had buses your Sims actually rode regularly in it, then remembered that was in the "Bustin' Out" console game. Kinda wish they had that in a PC version of the game.

From a Sims 1 expansion, the 'inflatable furniture' that increased the 'fun' meter by just sitting on them.

From newer Sim game videos, slightly different voices, would've been useful on community lots.