Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 5:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Alien babies always human looking
Good morning/afternoon/night, guys! How are y'all doing?

So, I've been playing my uberhood for some time, and there's this thing that has been going on. Basically, every time the Curious have an alien baby (expect for the one Pascal's already expecting), they always come out with normal skin and eyes. I thought that it was just my luck, but today I tried having an alien pregnancy outside my uberhood and the babies would look like actual aliens. That had me thinking, what's wrong with my game?

I thought that, again, it could be my luck. So:

· I made Lazlo have alien quads, but they all came out human looking.
· Tried again, this time with triplets, the same result.
· Tried deleting Lazlo's RCC's (Reproductive Capabilities Configurer) token (since my test sim outside the uberhood didn't have one when giving birth, same with Pascal at the start of the game) and nothing; the babies were still all human looking.
· When looking for mod conflicts, nothing.

Could it be something inside my uberhood? Maybe it's something within the household I'm playing? The children do get their alien parent genes, the last child getting their ears (I have custom PTs).

Thank you in advance, and have a nice day! ♥
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 7:03 PM
Do you happen to have custom skins/eyes in your game? Could be you've got some geneticized skins/eyes that for whatever reason are jumping in when the Curious brothers are having babies, but not when sims with lighter skintones are having babies. It's a long shot (usually happens within the range of two parents), but the only thing I can think of, since that sim does look like she's wearing some custom items, and it's difficult to see what the ones in the thumbnails have.

Have you tested other sims (lighter/darker skins or other eye colors) in the same hoods? You may have to test a wider range, not just one or two sims with the same genetics.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 8:42 PM
Look at the DNA using the cheat, summon your custom PTs and look at their DNA, too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do you happen to have custom skins/eyes in your game?

I only have default replacements, so no.

Have you tested other sims (lighter/darker skins or other eye colors) in the same hoods? You may have to test a wider range, not just one or two sims with the same genetics.

I'll be doing that right now!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Look at the DNA using the cheat, summon your custom PTs and look at their DNA, too.

I don't think you should be summoning PTs? Pretty sure that corrupts your game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 10:30 PM
Have you tested other sims (lighter/darker skins or other eye colors) in the same hoods?

I tested with other sims, males and females, with all the in-game's skintones excepting green. Here are the results:

Was the sim able to have an alien-looking alien baby?

S1 — F:NO¹ | M:NO²
S2 — F:NO³ | M:NO⁴
S3 — F:NO⁵ | M:NO⁶
S4 — F:NO⁷ | M:NO⁸

(None of the sims I used had DNA in common with the Curious brothes, just in case)

¹Angela Pleasant had one S1 baby, two S3 babies and one S4 baby, all normal eyes.
²Alexander Goth had two S1 babies, one S2 baby and one S3 baby, all normal eyes.
³Kaylynn Langerak had two S2 babies, one S3 baby and one S4 baby, all normal eyes.
⁴Tank Grunt had one S2 baby, one S3 baby and two S4 babies, all normal eyes.
⁵Bella Goth had three S2 babies and one S3 baby, all normal eyes.
⁶Don Lothario had three S2 babies and one S3 baby, all normal eyes.
⁷Sharon Mole had three S3 babies and one S4 baby, all normal eyes.
⁸Stephen Tinker had one S2 baby, one S3 baby and two S4 babies, all normal eyes.

It seems like, when talking about alien pregnancies in this uberhood, the genetics (only skintones and eyes) are quite messed up (pretty sure the Pleasants don't have any S4 sim on their family tree, for example). But, as I mentioned earlier, it seems this only affects this uberhood?

I'll be checking the PTs DNA on SimPE, although I don't know why their DNA would be different from neighborhood to neighborhood?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn

Just checked on their DNA on SimPE and it seems like they have human skintones and eyes? I don't understand what's going on, but I guess I'll have to change their data? Is it safe?
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 9:03 AM
I would check the DNA of your custom Pollination Technicians.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I would check the DNA of your custom Pollination Technicians.

That's exactly what I did, but I don't know if it's safe for me to change their data.
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 8:55 PM
I´m sorry for taking this tag for this, but i need help.
I have a problem at the CAS, my sim looks so iluminated in all the skins colors. its like a light its reflecting or something
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marialelab
I have a problem at the CAS, my sim looks so iluminated in all the skins colors. its like a light its reflecting or something

Just checked and there's a fix by LazyDuchess (literally the first result when you look for "sims 2 bright cas"). Maybe try that?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 5:02 AM
You can summon PTs, it doesn't cause any problems. Just summoning a sim doesn't change their data. If your PTs have the wrong genetics, it probably means you took them out of your downloads accidentally at some point, or installed them incorrectly.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marialelab
I´m sorry for taking this tag for this, but i need help.

Best to open your own thread. If you hijack others' then both you and they get less attention.